inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I just bought "The Lost Boys" on DVD

Written By: Triviamom on 08/24/05 at 8:49 pm

I just got it at Blockbuster for $15. Waiting for the youngsters to fall asleep so I can watch it in peace & quiet. I picked up Fried Green Tomatoes, also.

Subject: Re: I just bought "The Lost Boys" on DVD

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/05 at 8:55 pm

Cooooooooooooooooooooooool!  I got the the special edition DVD!

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 08/24/05 at 9:01 pm

I just got it at Blockbuster for $15. I picked up Fried Green Tomatoes, also.I loved that movie when it was released. It was like the Interview with a Vampire of its time... without the interview, of course. :P I just can't get over your weird choice of snacks. ;)

I haven't seen it since the early 90s. Has it withstood the test of time? If it has, I might snag myself a copy, too. :)

Written By: Acidpiss on 08/25/05 at 12:08 am

Oh, it stands the test of time all right.

What a great f'n movie.

As a matter of fact, I just picked up a copy of the poster for $1 on clearence at Hot Topic.

A dollar well spent.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/25/05 at 1:36 am

Actually i only have the original VHS ex-rental release of it which i've had for god knows how many years now. I don't bother with DVD versions of movies because they're a dime a dozen & you can find them everywhere, even your local Wallmart etc. The ex-rentals released on the original release date are far more collectible & more valuble to me. You're right though, it stands the test of time, not that that matters since i looooove & prefere movies that look really dated & very 80s. How can you go wrong with this movie though, top film all the way. "Your eating maggots Micheal" LOL. "My own brother a sheesh suckin vampire, wait till mom hears about this" LOL

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/25/05 at 2:26 am

8) OOhh I absolutely loved "The Lost Boys"... Im really into horror..flicks  ..and It has all the cool kids from the 80s too...Dontcha just love the"People are strange" intro...Jason Patric..At the time I thought he woulda made a great Jim Morrison...And of course the " Cories"... Haim and Feldman...and...Kiefer...He was such a great "bad" guy...Hes really great in"24" now too..funny how people evolve...At that time I thought the film was really an excellent flick..still do..I really tripped when they panned across all the "Missing" pics on the billboards...Ev time I go into Walmart and see the boards in the front of the store I think of that movie...it had all the great elements..some humor..horror..special effects..suspense, ..its one of those I can watch again..and again...THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/25/05 at 3:47 pm

Sorry i meant to write "My own brother a sh!t suckin vampire, wait till mom hears about this" but it got censored & when i tried to post what i'm writing now & correct myself it was removed obviously by one of the moderators. How lame. What the hell is sheesh anyway?. LOL  ::)

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/25/05 at 4:32 pm

8) OOhh I absolutely loved "The Lost Boys"... Im really into horror..flicks   ..and It has all the cool kids from the 80s too...Dontcha just love the"People are strange" intro...Jason Patric..At the time I thought he woulda made a great Jim Morrison...And of course the " Cories"... Haim and Feldman...and...Kiefer...He was such a great "bad" guy...Hes really great in"24" now too..funny how people evolve...At that time I thought the film was really an excellent flick..still do..I really tripped when they panned across all the "Missing" pics on the billboards...Ev time I go into Walmart and see the boards in the front of the store I think of that movie...it had all the great elements..some humor..horror..special effects..suspense, ..its one of those I can watch again..and again...THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiefer Sutherland played such a great villian in Stand By Me aswell,which also had Correy Feldman in it. Another top 80s flick & one of my all time favourites, absolutly brilliant. I don't really like the show 24, but i'll admit he's a fine actor. He was also great in Young Guns 1 & 2 also two great 80s films. Well tecnically i think part 2 was 1990, correct me if i'm wrong. Maybe 89 for theatres 90 for VHS, i can't remember now.

Written By: Gis on 08/25/05 at 4:39 pm

I got the special edition DVD for christmas, awsome movie.
I also have Fried green tomatoes also a fantastic film.I picked up the book last year in a second hand store and it is just as good.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/25/05 at 4:42 pm

Actually now that i think of it we got to see Stand By Me at school as a treat as well as Explorers, Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom & i think Boy Who Could Fly aswell. All on seperate ocassions ofcourse. To be honest i couldn't believe they allowed us to watch the Indiana Jones one because of that scene with the guy getting his heart ripped out, but i thought it was totally cool though.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/26/05 at 12:14 am

8) yep Cafe..Kiefer played a great bad guy in stand by me as well..ACE...The thing I like about him is that he can play the bad guy and then the poet..nice guy..as in Young Guns...i really did love Lost Boys...Also Diane Wiest plays the best mom..shes sooo laid back and cool..as in the movie Parenthood too!...

Written By: ralfy on 08/19/16 at 3:35 am

"THE LOST BOYS Will Be a TV Series on The CW"

http://nerdist.com/the-lost-boys-will-be-a-tv-series-on-the-cw/

Written By: Howard on 08/19/16 at 7:35 am

"THE LOST BOYS Will Be a TV Series on The CW"

http://nerdist.com/the-lost-boys-will-be-a-tv-series-on-the-cw/

That will be interesting.

Written By: Starlighter on 08/25/16 at 2:14 pm

I wonder how that will turn out.  Vampires seem to have undying popularity in pop culture (pun intended).

Written By: Howard on 08/25/16 at 3:36 pm

I wonder how that will turn out.  Vampires seem to have undying popularity in pop culture (pun intended).

Will it contain the original cast? ???

Written By: Starlighter on 08/25/16 at 8:03 pm

Will it contain the original cast? ???

The author of the article doesn't think it's likely because of how the movie ended, but I think it would be nice to see someone from the original cast make a cameo.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 7:10 am

The author of the article doesn't think it's likely because of how the movie ended, but I think it would be nice to see someone from the original cast make a cameo.

How did the movie end?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 7:37 am

No spoilers please!

Written By: Starlighter on 08/29/16 at 6:51 pm

No spoilers please!

O.k., I won't post it here.

For the ending click on the link and scroll to the second to last paragraph.  For those who don't want to to know, please do not click on the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Boys

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/16 at 6:42 am

O.k., I won't post it here.

For the ending click on the link and scroll to the second to last paragraph.  For those who don't want to to know, please do not click on the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Boys
Many thanks!

Check for new replies or respond here...