inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: T.V show blossom

Written By: Beth on 08/25/05 at 1:32 pm

Hey Anyone remember the tv show blossom. i just saw them talk about the show reciently on E channel. and t hen the show brotherly love was a good one too. Talk about the show etc. here c-ya

Subject: Re: T.V show blossom

Written By: robby76 on 08/25/05 at 8:20 pm

Both these shows were in the mid-90's, so you've got the wrong section I'm afraid.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/25/05 at 8:30 pm

I used to watch that sometimes, about 10 years ago.

Even then, my first impression was how weird it was seeing Joey Lawrence as this "big" teenage/young adult guy (I'd only seen him on the John Candy comedy movie Summer Rental, from 1985 - he was probably like 9 years old on that - well, flash ahead 10 years and it was pretty jarring) but I thought it was a cool show. Mostly funny, but with the occasional serious moments.

I also really thought Six was a cutie - even more than Blossom, just IMO (ah, h*ll, that was the main reason I watched it in the first place!).:D

It started in 1991 and went on until, I think 1995 or '96 (it was at the end of its run that I was more familar with it). The early ep's probably had some 80's-like things, but no, it wasn't quite an 80's show in the calendar sense.

PS: I guess it does tie to the 80's in a very minute way - Blossom's mom was played by Melissa Manchester, who had a Madonna-ish hit called "You Should Hear How She Talks About You" in about 1982.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/05 at 9:02 pm

The show was pretty good, a bit preachy at times though...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/05 at 9:15 pm

This is a 90's TV show, there is already a thread about it started in on the 90's board.

Erin :)

Check for new replies or respond here...