inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's television show...please help

Written By: nordique72 on 08/26/05 at 11:53 am

I remember an TV show in the 80's, but I don't remember very much about it, and I need help finding the title.  I don't think it was on very long.  It was about a boy in high school.  The things I remember about it are that he had an Asian friend or exchange student living at his house, and the Asian friend could not pronounce Arnold Schwarzenegger's name correctly.  He kept saying that the way he said it had "oriental intrigue".  I also remember an episode where the main character was going to go out on his first date, but the girl was not attractive.  He said he didn't want to go because "if your first date is with a dog, you get alpo the rest of your life".
Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Subject: Re: 80's television show...please help

Written By: nordique72 on 09/10/05 at 8:36 pm

just moving this back up the list in hopes that someone knows what i'm talking about.

Written By: JT1972 on 09/10/05 at 9:39 pm

http://www.80s.com/Entertainment/TV/directory.html

You might want to check out this link.  It may take awhile but if it's going to drive you nuts it's probably worth it!
Good luck :)

Written By: nordique72 on 09/25/05 at 11:59 am

Is it possible that the show I'm thinking of is Spencer with Chad Lowe?  I can't find much information on Spencer, but what I have been able to find makes it sound very similar to the show I was thinking of.

Written By: zcrito on 09/25/05 at 12:31 pm

Is it possible that the show I'm thinking of is Spencer with Chad Lowe?  I can't find much information on Spencer, but what I have been able to find makes it sound very similar to the show I was thinking of.

"if your first date is with a dog, you get alpo the rest of your life".  ;D  :(

Ok, you got my attention. I found some info on Spencer that may help you remember it...

http://chucksconnection.com/spencer.html

Check for new replies or respond here...