inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Conan The Barbarian

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/27/05 at 4:11 pm

Anyone here seen Conan The Barbarian? It was an ok film, and alot better then sequel.  Apparently there is/was going to be third sequel, but with Arnold busy as the Governor of California, it will probally never get off the ground.

Subject: Re: Conan The Barbarian

Written By: Mushroom on 08/27/05 at 5:21 pm

Anyone here seen Conan The Barbarian? It was an ok film, and alot better then sequel.  Apparently there is/was going to be third sequel, but with Arnold busy as the Governor of California, it will probally never get off the ground.

I actually have it on DVD.  It was the first real contact most Americans had with Arnold.

There was also a 1997-1998 TV series which starred Ralf Moeller as Conan.

As far as I know, there was never any serious talk of Arnold comming back as Conan.  A few scripts were drafted for "King Conan", but as far as I know they never even made it to a pre-production phase.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/27/05 at 9:46 pm

I actually have it on DVD.  It was the first real contact most Americans had with Arnold.

There was also a 1997-1998 TV series which starred Ralf Moeller as Conan.

As far as I know, there was never any serious talk of Arnold comming back as Conan.  A few scripts were drafted for "King Conan", but as far as I know they never even made it to a pre-production phase.

As I said before, without Arnold, the movie may not get off the ground.  I also "shrudder" remember the really bad "film" Red Sonja, it was like a sequel to Conan The Destroyer, in that it had Arnold in it, playing a "Conan like charecter" but then again it kind of wasn't.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/27/05 at 10:09 pm

I also like the music used during the attack of Conan's village, Riders of Doom.  Me and one of my friends had a debat as to which is better.... Riders of Doom or Carmina Burana from Excalibur, I like the former, he likes the later.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/27/05 at 11:51 pm

;D i enjoyed CONAN...also about the same time I think another flick Kinda the same came out...BeastMaster...remember that one...Marc Singer I think was the guy...I loved the little Ferretts!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/28/05 at 11:37 am

;D i enjoyed CONAN...also about the same time I think another flick Kinda the same came out...BeastMaster...remember that one...Marc Singer I think was the guy...I loved the little Ferretts!!!

They had many "ripoffs" of Conan The Barbarbian, some were ok, others were bleh......  ::)

The worse was Yor, Hunter From The Future, everything about the movie was bad...  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/05 at 1:47 pm

As I said before, without Arnold, the movie may not get off the ground.  I also "shrudder" remember the really bad "film" Red Sonja, it was like a sequel to Conan The Destroyer, in that it had Arnold in it, playing a "Conan like charecter" but then again it kind of wasn't.

Ok, ok, I confess, I have Red Sonja on video. :-

I like Beastmaster, too.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...