inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gallagher

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/01/05 at 3:40 am

I was first introduced to him on -- believe it or not -- VH1. In the early 90's (esp around '92) they mostly aired videos and music programming mixed in with some various shows. One was standup comedy - they aired a few of his live shows from the 80's.

At first I was drawn in by sledge-o-matic, but I soon heard how funny he was with everything else. He was kinda "observational" in the Jerry Seinfeld sense, but more random and edgy. He could talk about a certain thing for a long time, but his average joke length was closer to Steven Wright (just with alot more energy, LOL).

If I had to pick a favorite concert, probably tied between The Bookkeeper and Over Your Head (I still have the VHS tapes of those I got when I was around 10).

Subject: Re: Gallagher

Written By: johnny5alive on 01/22/08 at 12:09 am

i saw him about 1991 or so, still put on a good show, the sledge 'o' matic  was  the highlight of the show!

Written By: wildcard on 01/22/08 at 1:47 am

I remember sledge "o" matic, him hitting an Intellivision controller, and A giant sofa trampoline.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/22/08 at 3:08 pm

There's this guy I work with who's in his late 40's and who's kind of a jerk. He's bald on top but he has shoulder-length hair (which looks ridiculous...cut it off already!) and whenever he tries to mess with me I'll call him "Gallagher" or I'll ask him when he's gonna bring a watermelon in to work and smash it for us. That always gets a big laugh out of the other guys.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/23/08 at 11:49 pm

I first saw Gallagher years ago on Comedy Central and he was just so crazy and outrageous..

And the slegde-o-matic was the icing on the cake. There's not too many prop comedians I like, but Gallegher is definitely in the group of the ones I like.

Check for new replies or respond here...