inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gross 80s Rocker Pic Thread:

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/01/05 at 9:44 pm

Please post your grossest pics of 80s rockers! I challenge y'all to out-gross this one!
http://www.concertshots.com/May%20Images/cs-DavidLeeRoth5a-Atlanta5302.JPG

Subject: Re: Gross 80s Rocker Pic Thread:

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/01/05 at 10:00 pm

Even though they had some ok songs....you have to admit...it usually doesn't get any uglier than this:

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=twisted+sister/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12jd2ka7v/EXP=1125716383/*-http%3A//www.freakolympics.net/muzieklog/images/twistedsister.jpg

Erin :)

Written By: jackas on 09/01/05 at 10:27 pm

Those are disgusting, but how about this one?  I defy you to find one with more buck knuckle.

Written By: jackas on 09/01/05 at 10:32 pm

Here is another.  This one is borderline gay.

Written By: jackas on 09/01/05 at 10:33 pm

Ok, one more bad one.

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/01/05 at 11:17 pm

Please post your grossest pics of 80s rockers! I challenge y'all to out-gross this one!
http://www.concertshots.com/May%20Images/cs-DavidLeeRoth5a-Atlanta5302.JPG

Isn't that David Lee Roth? That looks so much like him!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/02/05 at 6:04 am

That IS David Lee Roth -and he looks at least 50 in that shot, which is too old for gold spandex -and old enough to know better! :-[

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 09/02/05 at 1:25 pm

That DLR pic is freaky. The man looks like a walking blood vessel. He's almost purple. I'm still on the floor laughing at that Warrant pic. Those guys were so tough! Janie Lane... that was his name, right? There's that laughter again. ;D That pic isn't so much gross as it is hilarious. Good find. I won't post a picture, but the grossest I can think of is a screencap from that video Vince Neil made with Janine Lindemulder. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about. Wasn't it called Mötley Scrüe?  Let's just say, he's NOT the one they call Dr. Feelgood. ;D

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/02/05 at 6:38 pm

At least those guys from Warrant actually looked like rockstars at the time. Not like the idiots today in rock that look like the guy with tattooes and random body piercings who just pumped your gas or asked you if you want fries with that order. Now that is truly hilarious.

Written By: rip_jeans on 09/02/05 at 7:59 pm

Today we look at them and think they were gross. What about back in the 80's when they were popular, did you think they were gross back then

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/02/05 at 9:02 pm

Today we look at them and think they were gross. What about back in the 80's when they were popular, did you think they were gross back then

Some still look cool to me. They had style and a "larger than life" attitude and look that is so lacking and gone today. Today is so bland and boooorrringggg  ;)

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 09/02/05 at 11:41 pm

At least those guys from Warrant actually looked like rockstars at the time. Not like the idiots today in rock that look like the guy with tattooes and random body piercings who just pumped your gas or asked you if you want fries with that order. Now that is truly hilarious.

Laugh out loud!! You made me spit out a perfectly good Dr. Pepper. Cheers.

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/03/05 at 1:51 am

They should have stayed locked in the attic.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/03/05 at 6:42 am

Funny you should ask! Back in the 80s, I had a poster of Bon Jovi on my wall, in which Jon had on leopard print tights and a bright purple vest, showing his hairy chest and stomach. I thought he looked sooooo sexy -god only knows what my parents thought! ;D

Written By: Gis on 09/03/05 at 9:38 am

Actually that picture of Danger Danger is not a good one.Ted Poley was, and may still be bloody gorgeous ! He was the only reason I got into the band !! And yes I was that shallow  ;D
Personally I'd rather have a man that took care of his apearance, (though not to excess) than some stinky greasy oik who hasn't washed for a week.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/03/05 at 9:43 am

Nix, nix fiddlesticks.  I come from an earlier era, so I think TODAY that they looked silly, same as I thought in the 80s  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/03/05 at 1:17 pm

I always thought these guys were pretty gross.  ;D ;D ;D

http://achimai.boo.jp/archives/wham.jpg

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/03/05 at 7:51 pm

Ahhhh Wham! And to think that people questioned George Michael's sexuality, back in the 80s, when it should've been so damn screaming obvious what he was! (No that there's anything wrong with that.)
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0StujE5sQPEJ:vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/whamLink to the full-size pic:
http://vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wham!.jpg
I liked the cartoon parody of his Wham! days in the "Shoot The Dog" video clip. ;)

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/03/05 at 11:09 pm

How old are you?? I would venture to say somewhat more on the adolescent side chronologically than I.  I think that is what makes all the difference.......

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/04/05 at 1:30 am

I almost used that photo for a write-up I did on what music was to me!

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 09/04/05 at 1:57 am

How old are you?? I would venture to say somewhat more on the adolescent side chronologically than I.  I think that is what makes all the difference.......
What's with the chip on your shoulder, pal? Do you have a problem with me?

Written By: jackas on 09/04/05 at 2:08 am

I thought it was a weird response too.  I a ssumed that you seriously thought what he said was amusing.

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 09/04/05 at 2:43 am

I thought it was a weird response too.  I a ssumed that you seriously thought what he said was amusing.

I did, and it really made me spit Dr. Pepper all over my monitor. I just don't know how he could've taken offense to that.

Written By: jackas on 09/04/05 at 2:47 am

I did, and it really made me spit Dr. Pepper all over my monitor. I just don't know how he could've taken offense to that.

Maybe he thought you were being sarcastic.... :-\\  I don't see why he would make that as sumption without knowing you though.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/04/05 at 11:19 am

Chill out. I took offence since my posts were not meant to be amussing and it appeared that you were being sarcastic with your response. And what's up with the "I don't see why he would make that as sumption without knowing you though." comment? How could I "know" someone from just a few posts on an internet message board? I was just simply stating that anyone who took jest to my posts in this thread would have to be much younger and from a different generation. Unless, of course, either they hate the generation they were raised in or have forgotten and abandoned their heritage completely. IMO, 80s "hair" metal rockers still look like "real" rock stars to me and the "average joe" so called rockers of today look just that. Average and ordinary. Sorry I took so much offense, but I really am sick and tired of the "80s bashing" going on and that has been going on for like 10 years now. It is getting very old and stale especially coming from the people who do the most of it and looking at what they think looks "cool" which is the true joke. Anyway, relax everyone. This is just an internet forum and not "real life" so I really don't care what an individual thinks or says here. I just take offense to 80s dissing in general and especially on an 80s forum. Sort of like if I went to the "00s" section of this forum and started a negative post on how "stupid" or "gross" some of the 00s rockers look (which would compose about 99.9% of them ;) ) Although there hasn't been much 00s bashing going on for so long to "fuel the fire" so to speak. Cheers.

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/04/05 at 1:13 pm

Here's a somewhat scary looking photo of my fave rocker:

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/peterschilling.htm

Here's a better photo of him from 1986:

http://www.poplife.info/bilder/900809.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 09/04/05 at 1:58 pm

Thanks for those links, Schillingfan.  The first one because I love that song and the second because I have never seen him.  He is quite handsome. 

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/04/05 at 3:31 pm

Sort of like if I went to the "00s" section of this forum and started a negative post on how "stupid" or "gross" some of the 00s rockers look (which would compose about 99.9% of them ;) ) .
Why don't you start a "Gross 00s Rocker Pic Thread" then? No one's stopping you. You're free to express your opinions here. Hell, I'll post in it. There's no shortage of current rock and pop stars who look every bit as ridiculous as the examples posted here.

Written By: jackas on 09/04/05 at 4:43 pm

You are not understanding what we are talking about here.  What you originally said was funny because a lot of the groups nowadays do look like the average teenager working at the local store.  It was a funny observation.  And they way you said it was funny too, "...pumped your gas or asked you if you want fries with that order."  Do you understand that? 

And what's up with the "I don't see why he would make that as sumption without knowing you though." comment? How could I "know" someone from just a few posts on an internet message board?

And as for my comment.....I was saying that you couldn't possibly know someone from just a few post on a message board and therefore cannot fairly assume whether or not he was being sarcastic.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/04/05 at 6:25 pm

Unless, of course, either they hate the generation they were raised in or have forgotten and abandoned their heritage completely. IMO, 80s "hair" metal rockers still look like "real" rock stars to me and the "average joe" so called rockers of today look just that. Average and ordinary. Sorry I took so much offense, but I really am sick and tired of the "80s bashing" going on and that has been going on for like 10 years now.

Well, I wouldn't say someone who dislikes a certain look or type of music from the 80's is bashing the 80's...  IMO the late 70's and the 80's were the best time ever for music... but that doesn't mean I like New Kids On The Block. :P

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/04/05 at 11:28 pm

Ahhhh Wham! And to think that people questioned George Michael's sexuality, back in the 80s, when it should've been so damn screaming obvious what he was! (No that there's anything wrong with that.)
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0StujE5sQPEJ:vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wham
Two questions:

1.) Whatever happened to George Michael's "pal?"  :o

2.) Did the name "Wham!" have anything to do with their offstage..."activities?!?"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jackas on 09/04/05 at 11:38 pm

Two questions:

1.) Whatever happened to George Michael's "pal?"  :o

2.) Did the name "Wham!" have anything to do with their offstage..."activities?!?"  ;D ;D ;D

Smokin in the boysroom! ;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/05/05 at 12:18 am

Thanks for those links, Schillingfan.  The first one because I love that song and the second because I have never seen him.  He is quite handsome. 

You're welcome!

I'm a huge fan of Mr.Schilling (you can tell by my username) and he's on my list of hot singers and he's still handsome at 49 years old! You can find pictures of him on http://www.google.com and http://www.yahoo.com in their image searches!

Here's his website! (in German) http://www.peterschilling.com

P.S.: It's also hard for me to find old photos of him because somewhat the internet doesn't really offer me any whenever I search for any old ones...

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/05/05 at 2:37 am

I just take offense to 80s dissing in general and especially on an 80s forum.
The reason I started this thread has nothing to do with 80s dissing. I love the 80s as much as any of you. The pic I posted of David Lee Roth shows a former pop icon from the 80s, who is clearly passed his prime, dressing as though it was still the 80s and he was still a "stud" in his 20s. I do find it gross -and laughable at the same time! WTF does he think he looks like???

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/05/05 at 11:23 am

Those are disgusting, but how about this one?  I defy you to find one with more buck knuckle.

No offense, but you must be into regular top 40 pop music, dance music or something like that because that's the typically conservative attitude you'd get from someone into that sort of stuff. That picture is really not that bad at all especially compared to the first photo by the original writter of this thread. And the Poison one isn't that bad either, i've seen worse of them & my girlfriend still thinks Brett Micheals is hot. In fact so do many hundreds of thousands of other women out there. I can assure you there's nothing gay about him or the rest of the band. Come on you can do better than that, how about one of Micheal Jackson that guy touches little boys, now that's gay among other things.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/05/05 at 11:28 am

Right on dude

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/05/05 at 11:53 am

Some people are either conservative or just plain ignorant & only think something is good or cool if it's current & if eMptyTV or radio tells them so. It's funny how peoples lemming media conditioned attitudes & opinions change over the years as they discard artists & groups once they no longer look & sound like a clone from the present day & just aren't  "cool" enough for them like some sort of consumer product. Actually i find that quite disturbing.  It's just conditioning though, you only think they look silly because the fashion dictated to everyone, especially today is very contempary & ordinary. Now go & drink your Dr Pepper because TV says it's good while your stomach lining, teeth & brain rot away.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/05/05 at 12:03 pm

You are not understanding what we are talking about here.  What you originally said was funny because a lot of the groups nowadays do look like the average teenager working at the local store.  It was a funny observation.  And they way you said it was funny too, "...pumped your gas or asked you if you want fries with that order."  Do you understand that?

Of course. But that is clearly not what was laughed at.

And as for my comment.....I was saying that you couldn't possibly know someone from just a few post on a message board and therefore cannot fairly assume whether or not he was being sarcastic.

You got my point exactly.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/05/05 at 12:06 pm

The reason I started this thread has nothing to do with 80s dissing.

True, but unfortunately, it can be used as a vehicle to do just that, for the ignorant if they so choose.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/05/05 at 12:30 pm

I can whole heartedly say that the rockstars & especially popstars of the present era look lamer than ever, wearing all this designer boutique Gap or Hot Topic style clothin & then tattoos as if though they're hardcore or something (think Good Charlotte among others), but their music SUCKS TOTAL SH!T & they're a bunch of weak tits & products of their record labels, managers & MTV. I wonder how much corperate c*ck they had to suck to look & sound that sh!t. Rappers are probably the biggest culperates when it comes to lame with a capital L. All those so called artists, rockstars, popstars & rappers etc of this era have one thing in common & that's that they try so hard to look cool & trendy that it makes me laugh at how transperant & crass they really are. I think Bill Hicks would have a field day with it if he were still around.

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/05/05 at 3:23 pm

I can whole heartedly say that the rockstars & especially popstars of the present era look lamer than ever, wearing all this designer boutique Gap or Hot Topic style clothin & then tattoos as if though they're hardcore or something (think Good Charlotte among others), but their music SUCKS TOTAL SH!T & they're a bunch of weak tits & products of their record labels, managers & MTV. I wonder how much corperate c*ck they had to suck to look & sound that sh!t. Rappers are probably the biggest culperates when it comes to lame with a capital L. All those so called artists, rockstars, popstars & rappers etc of this era have one thing in common & that's that they try so hard to look cool & trendy that it makes me laugh at how transperant & crass they really are. I think Bill Hicks would have a field day with it if he were still around.

100% RIGHT ON!  ;)

My 1st Secondary School teacher defined them as "sumo punk". Today punk music is NOT like what punk was in the 70s and 80s, Members of Good Crap Charlotte have clothing lines and their own dolls and here's to say they aren't really punk: One of the members wore track suits in one of Good Charlotte's music videos!

Written By: jackas on 09/05/05 at 6:24 pm

Of course. But that is clearly not what was laughed at.

I guess we can't decide what part of that statement he laughed at.  I laughed at that exact comment you made, but I was laughing at the second part of it....who knows.  Either way I thought it was funny. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/06/05 at 10:32 am

http://www.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/misc/5222-main.jpg

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/06/05 at 2:05 pm

http://www.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/misc/5222-main.jpg

Now, I can't argue with that one.......

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/07/05 at 2:21 am

Lock up your back door...

THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK

http://www.legacyrecordings.com/nkotb/grfx/pic1.jpg

are here to KICK YOUR ASS!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 09/07/05 at 2:32 am

AAAAAAAHHHH! :o

Can I borrow your lawn mower, Al?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/07/05 at 2:44 am

AAAAAAAHHHH! :o

Can I borrow your lawn mower, Al?

<--------You mean Pumpy? Sure, I'll send him right over. I'm sure he'll keep the New Kids "occupied" for a while.    ;) ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 09/07/05 at 2:45 am

<--------You mean Pumpy? Sure, I'll send him right over. I'm sure he'll keep the New Kids "occupied" for a while.   ;) ;D

Thank you!!  Now, meet the new and improved... New Kids On The Block!

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 09/07/05 at 4:54 am

Some people are either conservative or just plain ignorant & only think something is good or cool if it's current & if eMptyTV or radio tells them so. It's funny how peoples lemming media conditioned attitudes & opinions change over the years as they discard artists & groups once they no longer look & sound like a clone from the present day & just aren't  "cool" enough for them like some sort of consumer product. Actually i find that quite disturbing.  It's just conditioning though, you only think they look silly because the fashion dictated to everyone, especially today is very contempary & ordinary. Now go & drink your Dr Pepper because TV says it's good while your stomach lining, teeth & brain rot away.
Get over yourself, you pompous ass. Who the hell cares how they dressed? I can't think of a rocker that ever dressed "cool." I never chose to listen to any artist because of their ripped jeans or their lipstick. The reason I like them is the music. Plain and simple. You act like the way they dressed defined them as human beings. All I care about is the music. I thought their "get-ups" were stupid in the 80s, and I think they're still stupid. I thought glam rock attire was the worst idea ever conceived. I liked their music in the 80s and still do. In fact, I like it more now. How these people dressed didn't affect my decision to purchase their records. It's the music that made all the difference. If you can't see that, then you're as hopelessly deluded as that MTV generation you speak of. You know, some people see the glass half empty, and others see the glass half full. You see the glass full of p*ss. Stop being such a superficial dittohead, and think for yourself for once.

And who cares if anyone makes fun of these 80s rockers in an 80s thread? Does anyone have any contact with the people that have been mentioned thus far? Is anyone here an 80s rocker that was mentioned? Highly improbable. If you genuinely take offense to insults aimed at 80s rockers that you have never associated with, let alone friends with, then you're wound a little too tight for everyday living. Go out and breath some fresh air.

P.S. It's culprit not culperate.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 10:09 am

;D

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/07/05 at 12:04 pm

Get over yourself, you pompous ass. Who the hell cares how they dressed? I can't think of a rocker that ever dressed "cool." I never chose to listen to any artist because of their ripped jeans or their lipstick. The reason I like them is the music. Plain and simple. You act like the way they dressed defined them as human beings. All I care about is the music. I thought their "get-ups" were stupid in the 80s, and I think they're still stupid. I thought glam rock attire was the worst idea ever conceived. I liked their music in the 80s and still do. In fact, I like it more now. How these people dressed didn't affect my decision to purchase their records. It's the music that made all the difference. If you can't see that, then you're as hopelessly deluded as that MTV generation you speak of. You know, some people see the glass half empty, and others see the glass half full. You see the glass full of p*ss. Stop being such a superficial dittohead, and think for yourself for once.

And who cares if anyone makes fun of these 80s rockers in an 80s thread? Does anyone have any contact with the people that have been mentioned thus far? Is anyone here an 80s rocker that was mentioned? Highly improbable. If you genuinely take offense to insults aimed at 80s rockers that you have never associated with, let alone friends with, then you're wound a little too tight for everyday living. Go out and breath some fresh air.

P.S. It's culprit not culperate.

ooooo someone's a cut sausage aren't they. Wow what superior intelect aswell LOL.
1) I'm not offended by your opinion. Opinions are like a**holes, theres too many.
2) I don't care how they dress & it never influenced my choice in buying or liking any music & i never said it defined them as human beings. I just think this 80s rocker dissing is as lame as your response.
3) I never said rockers looked cool i used that word in a "what ever the hell cool is" context.
4) Who gives a flying fu*k how culprit is spelled. Who's really an anal & pompas ass? What are you a school teacher or something? Sorry Sir it won't happen again.
5) I get plenty of fresh air thank you very much. I'm obviously not as tightly wound as you LOL.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/07/05 at 12:24 pm

How about "Whitesnake?"

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/images/whitesnake.jpg

Question for our friends from the UK: Was the British slang term "poofter" inspired by the shaggy manes of 80's hair-metal bands?  ;D

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/07/05 at 1:01 pm

How about "Whitesnake?"

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/images/whitesnake.jpg

Question for our friends from the UK: Was the British slang term "poofter" inspired by the shaggy manes of 80's hair-metal bands?  ;D

LOL, actually the term poofter is very much Australian slang aswell. To be honest i always thought it was more so Australian.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/07/05 at 2:39 pm

Actually i think hair bands cop the most flak & people have a habbit of singling them out in particular, but forgeting just how stupid every other kind of celebrity looked at the time. I thought all those other popstars & celebs looked even worse. One i remember was when Neghbours star turned popstar Kylie Minogue doing a version Locomotion, LOL. People from the U.S. probably don't know what i'm talking about but if you're from thre U.K. you probably will. Anyway not only was the song & the music god awful, but what she was wearing & her hair were grotesque.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 9:12 pm

I got a picture for the thread...

http://www.openmusic.ru/articles-respond-events/0047-motley_crue/0047-motley_crue_01.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/07/05 at 9:21 pm

How about Tommy Lee as a Cornhusker?!?  ;D

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/10/17/weekend.review/p1_lee_ap.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 9:26 pm

How about Tommy Lee as a Cornhusker?!?  ;D

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/10/17/weekend.review/p1_lee_ap.jpg

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 9:28 pm

Yet another picture...

http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/images/axl-rose/axl-rose-img.jpg

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/08/05 at 2:25 am

I got a picture for the thread...

http://www.openmusic.ru/articles-respond-events/0047-motley_crue/0047-motley_crue_01.jpg

That one's not that gross at all.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/08/05 at 2:27 am

Yet another picture...

http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/images/axl-rose/axl-rose-img.jpg

OK that one's pretty bad LOL.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/08/05 at 3:32 am

http://www.zmachars.com/posters/Michael-Bolton_8222.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D yep that's pretty gross alright. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 8:47 am

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree....  ;D

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/08/05 at 5:50 pm

I also agree with godeltsihw oops... I mean whistledog.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 6:33 pm

wearing your own band's shirt is never cool

Someone should tell Mr. Mybandhatesmeandthealbumwillneverbereleased that...  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/08/05 at 6:39 pm

Boy George kinda makes me feel gross...  ::)

Written By: jackas on 09/08/05 at 6:46 pm

Why?  Are you attracted to him? ???  J/K! ;D

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/08/05 at 9:26 pm

;D

I always wondered where you'd went.  Good to see ya again :)

Yep. That other board was just kind of getting out of hand. It did move faster than this board at times though.  ;)

Written By: bj26 on 09/09/05 at 7:20 am

http://www.snakepit.org/waste.jpg

Written By: jackas on 09/09/05 at 8:12 am

And to think that was supposed to be cool. ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/09/05 at 9:22 am

Does he ever take off his hat?  ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/10/05 at 2:59 am

Pumpy the Stormtrooper says:

''If you're a guy, and you absolutely MUST dress up like a woman...

http://www.tripmag.cz/obrazky/boy_george_big.jpg

...at least dress up like a GOOD LOOKING woman!'' ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 09/10/05 at 9:43 am

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was cool in the 80s to show a little chest hair -or in some cases alot. ;D Now, thanks to Queer Eye For The Str8 Guy and metrosexualism, body hair is outa outa outa! And so it should be, IMO!
And BTW, Mr. Spud, I will have no Boy George dissing in my thread! ;)

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/12/05 at 5:33 pm

Actually Slash was the coolest guy in that band. I think that picture looks OK. He found that hat at a pawn shop & he wears it like that with his hair over his face because originally he's quite a shy person & when he did that he could focus just on playing his guitar & not have to look at the audience.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/12/05 at 6:11 pm

It was cool in the 80s to show a little chest hair -or in some cases alot. ;D Now, thanks to Queer Eye For The Str8 Guy and metrosexualism, body hair is outa outa outa! And so it should be, IMO!

Ewwww metrosexualism, those s.n.a.g. sort of guys are total pusses & phonies. Their hidden agender behind that facade is same as every other guy, deep down they just wanna get laid, but at least regular guys are straight up about it. Besides if a woman want's a guy that acts like a woman then maybe she should become a lesbian, because guys are guys & we're gonna act like guys. It's the nature of the beast. All you'll hear from those metrosexual guys is them crapping on & trying to convince women of how artiststic or how sensitive they are & all you'll hear from a regular guy is the sound of a belt buckle hitting the floor LOL.
Also i've got nothing against gay people, but how bout Straight Eye For The Queer Guy, where we interupt their daily lives & turn it upside down & show them how to do an engine rebuild or something like that LOL. Why is there so much emphisis on feminising men these days or as George Carlin puts it "the constant pussification" of men through popular culture. It's total bullsh!t & any guy that shares my attitude on this matter is usually seen as a dinosaur or a caveman, how lame. Hmmmm maybe this discussion is a little too in depth for this thread, but either way it needs to be said.

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/05 at 6:16 pm

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/strykenfirststryke.jpg

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/12/05 at 6:29 pm

Hmmm that one actually is a bit disturbing.

Written By: jackas on 09/12/05 at 9:17 pm

Ewwww metrosexualism, those s.n.a.g. sort of guys are total pusses & phonies. Their hidden agender behind that facade is same as every other guy, deep down they just wanna get laid, but at least regular guys are straight up about it. Besides if a woman want's a guy that acts like a woman then maybe she should become a lesbian, because guys are guys & we're gonna act like guys. It's the nature of the beast. All you'll hear from those metrosexual guys is them crapping on & trying to convince women of how artiststic or how sensitive they are & all you'll hear from a regular guy is the sound of a belt buckle hitting the floor LOL.
Also i've got nothing against gay people, but how bout Straight Eye For The Queer Guy, where we interupt their daily lives & turn it upside down & show them how to do an engine rebuild or something like that LOL. Why is there so much emphisis on feminising men these days or as George Carlin puts it "the constant pussification" of men through popular culture. It's total bullsh!t & any guy that shares my attitude on this matter is usually seen as a dinosaur or a caveman, how lame. Hmmmm maybe this discussion is a little too in depth for this thread, but either way it needs to be said.

I agree with you. :) 

Written By: jackas on 09/12/05 at 9:18 pm

LOL  Love it! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/05 at 9:31 pm

how about this one:

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/manowar.jpg

Written By: jackas on 09/12/05 at 9:32 pm

how about this one:

LOL  Now that's just WRONG! ;D

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/13/05 at 5:35 am

how about this one:

I like Manowar's music but that's just plain wrong & disturbing. That looks more like Man Power than Manowar LOL. I need to go & wash that image from my mind now.

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/13/05 at 5:38 am

how about this one:

The guy on the end on the left hand side looks like Fabio with his hair dyed black. LOL

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/13/05 at 5:59 am

VERY SICKLY - Superimposed heads on bodies I think..but yukkk   :P

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/13/05 at 10:28 am

Well if we are going to go that far.....

http://image.allmusic.com/13/amg/cov200/drd200/d220/d2201298n85.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/05 at 10:31 am

VERY SICKLY - Superimposed heads on bodies I think..but yukkk   :P

That one guy at the front, seriously "needs" to wear pants.... badly!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/05 at 10:45 am

Well if we are going to go that far.....

I alwaos thought the guy in the bottom right of that sleeve looks like a woman  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/13/05 at 5:53 pm

Yeah the guy bottom right looks a bit like Samantha Fox who used to be a page 3 girl here in the UK.

Personally I think they all look like TV's  and I don't mean televisions.  :D :D

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/05 at 8:15 pm

Yeah the guy bottom right looks a bit like Samantha Fox who used to be a page 3 girl here in the UK.

Personally I think they all look like TV's  and I don't mean televisions.   :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/13/05 at 10:58 pm

::)  If thats The same Dude I saw in Playgirl..then yes..He might as well be a chick..LOL.. Dont know what all the Fuss was about cause I didnt see nothing........

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/05 at 11:36 pm

Ahhhh Wham! And to think that people questioned George Michael's sexuality, back in the 80s, when it should've been so darn screaming obvious what he was! (No that there's anything wrong with that.)
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0StujE5sQPEJ:vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/whamLink to the full-size pic:
http://vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wham!.jpg
I liked the cartoon parody of his Wham! days in the "Shoot The Dog" video clip. ;)

I can't believe I didn't pick up on how GAY they were!  I mean, remember the "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" video?  What about the coyly titled Make It Big album?  Heh heh!
:-X

OR grossly pretty!

CHOOSE LIFE
Remember those WHAM t-shirts?  The anti-abortion slogan gained currency at the same time.  For a while I was confused as to who was a WHAM fan and who was an Operation Rescue fan!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/05 at 12:01 am

Here are my votes:

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/covers/21263.jpg
John Parr
As in, "Naughty, Naughty," and "St. Elmo's Fire" theme song.  I was always trying to figure out what '60s band he used to be in!

http://fiw.web.infoseek.co.jp/sanctuary/pic/h_lewis1.jpg
Huey Lewis
He wasn't "gross" so much as he reminded me of a sit-com dad.  The kind of dad who's always trying to be cool, but embarrasses his kids because he's really a dork.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1049567807875_2003/04/10/11ent_macgowan_shane.jpg
Shane MacGowan
The Nips, The Pogues, Shane MacGowan and the Popes.  Shane, I love your music, but no two ways about it, you're gross, mate!

http://www.geocities.com/swedishscum/smf.jpg
GG Allin
What's grosser than gross?  'Nuff said!  This is not the grossest GG photo, but it was hard enough finding one I could even post!

http://www.ear.fm/Encyclopedia%20D/divinyls.jpg
Christina Amphlett
The Divinyls.  She was making my skin crawl long before "I Touch Myself."

I got more, but I don't wanna make this post too long....

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/14/05 at 1:50 am

:o UUgg yea..she made me Cringe too...Touch...well..anything ..but not around me.....

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/05 at 9:32 am

Shane McGowan's teeth creep me out in a way  :o

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/14/05 at 10:02 am

I agree with the others, but Huey Lewis?? C'mon he doesn't belong in this thread IMO.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/14/05 at 10:17 am

^ Agree with you re Huey Lewis - I think he's just great

This guy has always freaked me out though I quite like his voice, it's just his appearance and the fact he's a really tall guy too makes it seem more freaky for some reason.

http://web.swedevice.com/sistergeorge/main/aboutboygeorgepagepic.jpg

p.s. Sorry to all BoyGeorge and Culture Club fans.   :-[

Written By: I_forgot on 09/18/05 at 6:37 am

:) I love WHAM.. sure the video clip for "wake me up before you go go" was totally pink and pretty but it just somehow suited the song perfectly.... i mean.. George Micheal did have a way better career in WHAM then he did with his solo career.... maybe it was to do with the fact that he isnt cute anymore...  :-*...

Anywayz.. WHAM rocked... best 80s pop group... however is now the reason for even "prettier" boy bands today...  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...