inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember that song "Tarzan Boy"?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 09/05/05 at 1:30 pm

I think that was the name of the song.  I just heard it on our 80s station, I forgot about this song.  It's soooooo 80s sounding.  But I like it, it's a real guilty pleasure. 

What ever happened to the group that sang this song?

Subject: Re: Remember that song "Tarzan Boy"?

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/05/05 at 1:50 pm

What ever happened to the group that sang this song?

Maybe you should do a Google search for Baltimora, if you REALLY want to know.

By the way: there's still a pic of Baltimora available in the profile settings that you can use for you avatar. I've used it for some time (scared the sh*t out of everyone!)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 09/05/05 at 7:30 pm

Maybe you should do a Google search for Baltimora, if you REALLY want to know.

You know I would have, if I REMEMBERED who they WERE

See that's why there is a site like this around, so people can come around and ask questions like these, because even those of us that were around and grew up back then (and I was under 12 for most of the 80s) certainly can't remember all of it.  Especially a U.S. one hit wonder.

-Chris   

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/06/05 at 12:04 am

You know I would have, if I REMEMBERED who they WERE. 

See that's why there is a site like this around, so people can come around and ask questions like these, because even those of us that were around and grew up back then (and I was under 12 for most of the 80s) certainly can't remember all of it.  Especially a U.S. one hit wonder.

-Chris     

There was no sarcasm intended. Sorry if it sounded that way. I just tried to answer your question, ok? Maybe I should have included a  ;) in my response.

Written By: kairi747 on 09/06/05 at 1:43 am

that song was out around the same time as john eddie's "jungle boy," another one hit wonder.  fewer people probably know john eddie than baltimora and that's probably why he came out with a cd called "who the hell is john eddie?"  i'm just a wealth of useless information, aren't i?  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/06/05 at 10:13 am

I  remember that song "Tarzan Boy", I thought it was pretty good song.

Written By: rip_jeans on 09/06/05 at 3:33 pm

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Tarzan Boy the song to the Listermint commercial back in the 80's as well?

Written By: OliverDK on 09/06/05 at 4:36 pm

"Tarzan Boy" have always been one of my five favorite 80s songs, the funny thing is that this was the song - Along with Laura Branigan's "Self Control" - that made me re-create my vinyl collection, I don't have the album with Baltimora, but at least I do have the song on 12in.

Written By: kairi747 on 09/07/05 at 8:27 am

I remember John Eddie.  I have his self-titled album on cassette, the 45 for Jungle Boy as well as the mp3 :)

you're the first person on this site who has responded to anything posted about je!  i'm glad someone knows him! 

Check for new replies or respond here...