inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ANYONE REMEMBER THE " GREAT SPACE COASTER"?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/05/05 at 11:20 pm

:D I was wondering if anyone remebers the Great Space Coaster?  Im Kelly and new to the boards... I always loved watching the show early in the morning before I left for school.  I really dont remember much about the show except, there were 3 people, a woman, Black man, and a white man with HORRIBLE HAIR!!!!  I think it was sorta like electric company... remember some guy that wore like a outfit that showed u what the body looked like on the inside?  I know there was sucha show.... I loved the theme song.... Anyone out here remember it?  Let me know okay????? Misery loves Company... " Great Space Coaster, off we go..............LOL

Subject: Re: ANYONE REMEMBER THE " GREAT SPACE COASTER"?

Written By: Acidpiss on 09/06/05 at 8:42 am

I remeber it! Gary Ganu. No ganus is good ganus with Gary Ganu.

I've seen bootleg collections of all the episodes on DVD-Rs at sci-fi and horror cons. Didn't buy it as I'm not that big a fan of the show though.

Written By: jaymanchu on 09/06/05 at 8:49 am

I've got a copy of this DVD is is from a VHS release of the show that includes Mark Hamil as a special guest.  It brought back memories.  I completely forgot about it until I got the DVD and I watched it almost everyday.  Remember the Black guy had this little box that he played cartoons on.  I remember I always wanted that thing!  Great show!

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/06/05 at 2:07 pm

Used to watch it every morning before school at one time. I remember it well.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/05 at 12:49 am

I have heard that the show is on DVD.. I have to get it... I always LOVED IT... And yes I remember the  guy who did the cartoons on his box.

Written By: jaymanchu on 09/07/05 at 9:04 am

I don't think it's been "officially" released on DVD yet.  It's a shame, that was a great show that deserves a DVD release.  That, Reading Rainbow, The Electric Company, and 321 Contact would all be really cool to see on DVD. 

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/05 at 9:28 am

I AGREE... I would watch those dvds over and over and Im 32... Those shows would be as fun to watch now < HIGH> :D, as they were when I was a child.....

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/11/06 at 12:49 am

I remember seeing the into to the show but never really watched it myself. At least where I lived it was shown way too early (it was still dark out).

Written By: Sammy Reed on 06/11/06 at 10:26 am

I remember the woman had a guitar that was made to look like some hard-rock guitar, but she strummed it like Joan Baez.

Written By: namilliron on 06/11/06 at 7:26 pm

I don't think it's been "officially" released on DVD yet.  It's a shame, that was a great show that deserves a DVD release.  That, Reading Rainbow, The Electric Company, and 321 Contact would all be really cool to see on DVD. 

Actually, ELECTRIC COMPANY is out on DVD.  Long live Jennifer of the Jungle!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/13/06 at 11:26 pm

"It's the Great Space Coaster, get on board!
On the Great Space Coaster, we'll explore...
Try the ride, fast & free to a place where dreams fly fast & free.
With new friends & new things ot see, we'll spin you through the galaxy!"

(Repeat 1st 2 lines)

"Get on board, step inside. Soarin' through a magic ride.
Rollin' towards the other side, where only rainbows hide.....
On the Great Space Coaster, get on board, on the Great Space Coaster.....off we go!!!"

-No, I don't have a clue. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...