inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Night of The Comet

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/06/05 at 10:34 am

Has anyone here heard of seen "Night of The Comet" ?  I saw it on cable awhile ago, and thought it was pretty good film. Unfortunatly, it has yet to come out on DVD...

Subject: Re: Night of The Comet

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/05 at 11:37 am

Ah yes, kind of a cheesy movie but I hate to admit it, I kind of liked it.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/06/05 at 6:17 pm

Great movie.  Very cheesy but great.  I hope it comes to DVD soon.  I would love to own it.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/06/05 at 9:45 pm

That's a very good movie. I haven't seen it in a few years. My local library used to have it.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/07/05 at 8:55 am

::)  OK I admit it..I really liked that movie..Really liked the idea that you could go into the mall and get anything you wanted... I forgot the names of the actors.. wasnt Lori Singer in it??

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 10:08 am

::)  OK I admit it..I really liked that movie..Really liked the idea that you could go into the mall and get anything you wanted... I forgot the names of the actors.. wasnt Lori Singer in it??

No, but Catherine Mary Stewart was in the film.

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/05 at 6:10 am

I loved this movie!  Can't wait for it to hit DVD but in the meantime I managed to tape it off of HBO (or some movie channel) about two years ago so I am not regulated to watching the edited for TV version. Plus its commercial free!!! WOO HOO -> I know what I'm watching after I catch Lost and Invasion tonight!

Thanks!

Written By: jlp937 on 04/26/06 at 10:01 pm

I am still waiting patiently for this to be released on DVD, can any of the DVD Gods hear our pleas on this one???

Written By: WembleyBooberGobo on 04/26/06 at 10:18 pm

I have loved this movie ever since I was a little kid. I bought it on ebay for like 30bucks a couple years ago. I dont think it will ever come out on DVD though. Its one of those good movies that they never release on DVD like Howard the Duck  or the Incredible Shrinking Woman.

Written By: puddingpop on 05/05/06 at 10:27 am

I have loved this movie ever since I was a little kid. I bought it on ebay for like 30bucks a couple years ago. I dont think it will ever come out on DVD though. Its one of those good movies that they never release on DVD like Howard the Duck  or the Incredible Shrinking Woman.

I agree and have a few more for your "they will never release on DVD list" :
The Wild Life
Little Darlings
The Night Before

Very sad.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/05/06 at 5:20 pm

I love Night of the Comet... pure 80s cheese!!! :)

Written By: Dmoc18 on 05/06/06 at 10:23 pm

OMG totally love this movie.  I remember when it came out I was at the age where we all wished we were the last on earth with no parents around to tell us what to do...

Written By: jlp937 on 07/14/06 at 11:17 am

I am still praying to the DVD Gods on this one and they aren't listening!

Written By: Cool Hand Logan on 07/15/06 at 1:05 pm

I have the store bought VHS of it.  Great movie.  Gotta burn it to DVD some day.  ::)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/15/06 at 3:49 pm

I saw this movie not too long ago on cable, I believe, although I don't remember what station it was. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/06 at 1:54 pm

I am still praying to the DVD Gods on this one and they aren't listening!

I'm with you on this one.

Check for new replies or respond here...