inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WHAT WAS UR FAV CHEESY MOVIES FROM THE 80'S

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/05 at 9:34 am

I LOVED ALOT OF THE 80S MOVIES, I LOVED BREAKFAST CLUB, PRETTY IN PINK, THE GOONIES <REMEMBER CHUNK?> BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE TWO I LIKED THE MOST ARE PROBABLY JUST ONE OF THE GUYS < i THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH SEEING IT WITH MY BEST FRIEND tERASA AT THE MOVIES> AND I LIKED THE MOVIE HAMBURGER THE MOVIE< I KNOW IT WAS A STUPID MOVIE, BUT WHEN THE 2 FAT TWINS FART AND SAY "AROMA" I LAUGH MY BUTT OFF!!! THE MOVIES BACK THEN WERE THE BEST... FREDDY WAS A CHEESE KING TOO... WHAT DID YALL ALL LIKE? :D :D :D

Subject: Re: WHAT WAS UR FAV CHEESY MOVIES FROM THE 80'S

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 10:07 am

"Who was Joan of Arc?"
"Noah's wife?"

Written By: 90s boy on 09/07/05 at 11:16 am

earth girls are easy was a  cheesy 80's movie but i love it and its from 1988 the year i was born heh

Written By: Criz on 09/07/05 at 11:43 am

I loved Bill and Ted too, I loved how they pronounced 'Beeth-oven' and 'So-crates' so funny :D

Alongside that I lurrrve...

The Breakfast Club
Back To the Future I & II (III was 90s right? Also wasn't that great!)
Mannequin (very cheesy!)
Pretty In Pink
The Goonies - even though I wouldn't really call it all that cheesy, it's a classic!
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (now that's what I call cheesy!)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/07/05 at 4:40 pm

Pee Wee's Big Adventure :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 5:08 pm

Pee Wee's Big Adventure :D

One of my favorite films...

"Exactly! I bought this pen one hour before my bike was stolen. Why? What's the significance? I don't know!"  ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/07/05 at 6:19 pm

It has to be one of the most underrated comedies of all time. This is one of the best movies to get stoned to. You will laugh all the way through it.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/07/05 at 6:27 pm

Pee wee's big adventure
Footloose
Cocktail
About Last night

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 6:29 pm

Is Beetlejuice considered cheesy?  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 09/07/05 at 6:35 pm

my favorites were mel brooks movies
history of the world part I (1981)
spaceballs (1986)

and john cusack movies
better off dead (1985)
one crazy summer (1986)

Written By: TC1970 on 09/07/05 at 8:08 pm

Most of the movies listed I don't see as cheesy. Cocktail? Pretty In Pink?  ??? ???

Pee wee's movies were cheesy as were the Airplane ones and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Wasnt there one witht Julie Brown..Earth Girls Are Easy?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/08/05 at 12:11 am

I loved One Crazy Summer and the Revenge of the Nerds movies too... Airplane was  great too.. I liked the Naked Gun Movies as well but not the Police Academy ones...

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/08/05 at 2:21 am

Most of the movies listed I don't see as cheesy. Cocktail? Pretty In Pink?  ??? ???

Pee wee's movies were cheesy as were the Airplane ones and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Wasnt there one witht Julie Brown..Earth Girls Are Easy?

My thoughts exactly. You're totally right most of the above metioned aren't cheesy at all. I think most people see "Cheesy 80s Movies" in the title of the post & just start running off a list of the most common & their favourite 80s flicks. I don't blame them it's hard to resist, but there are just so many that truly were cheesy that have practically faded into obsurity &/or non existance. The Police Academies, now they were cheesy but very fun & likable. Rad & BMX Bandits were both pretty cheesy, but again very fun & likable. Tones of forgoten B grade 80s horror flicks were cheesy especially the rock/heavy metal one's like Black Roses & Trick Or Treat, although i looooved Trick Or Treat & it's one of my all time favourite movies. Then there were a tone of those B grade comedies that everyone's probably totally forgoten all about like My Mom's A Werewolf etc etc. And what about the ninja film craze in the 80s & all those martial arts flicks aswell like No Retreat No Serender. If i had to make a list i could be here for a while.

Written By: TC1970 on 09/08/05 at 5:11 am

My thoughts exactly. You're totally right most of the above metioned aren't cheesy at all. I think most people see "Cheesy 80s Movies" in the title of the post & just start running off a list of the most common & their favourite 80s flicks. I don't blame them it's hard to resist, but there are just so many that truly were cheesy that have practically faded into obsurity &/or non existance. The Police Academies, now they were cheesy but very fun & likable. Rad & BMX Bandits were both pretty cheesy, but again very fun & likable. Tones of forgoten B grade 80s horror flicks were cheesy especially the rock/heavy metal one's like Black Roses & Trick Or Treat, although i looooved Trick Or Treat & it's one of my all time favourite movies. Then there were a tone of those B grade comedies that everyone's probably totally forgoten all about like My Mom's A Werewolf etc etc. And what about the ninja film craze in the 80s & all those martial arts flicks aswell like No Retreat No Serender. If i had to make a list i could be here for a while.

TOTALLY! I forgot about the Police Academy movies. Those were cheesy. As friend of mine loves the movie Yellowbeard. Very cheesy!

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/08/05 at 6:09 am

Back To the Future I & II (III was 90s right? Also wasn't that great!)

Yeah, Parts II and III were actually filmed back to back. In fact, for a long time, it was scripted as one continuous film and went through several changes before it was decided to make it two movies. Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis both agreed they wanted III to be a change of pace since they'd done all they could with Marty and his family, so the goal was to focus more on Doc.

III wasn't released until mid-1990.

But -- (1) 1990 was still the 80's as far as pop culture goes, (2) it was thought up in the late 80's, and (3) their present time is still 1985 -- so I'll still count it as close enough. ;)

^ Yeah I know I'm a total geek with anything BTTF! ;D

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (now that's what I call cheesy!)

Glad I'm not the only one who likes that one! If it has any claim to fame, it co-stars a young Helen Hunt.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/08/05 at 7:57 am

Zapped was pretty cheesy and I loved it!!!

Written By: Criz on 09/08/05 at 8:32 am

I completly forgot about Footloose - I love that film, and it's very cheesy!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 8:44 am

Strange Brew

"I was the last one left after the nuclear holocaust, eh. The whole world had been destroyed, like U.S. blew up Russia and Russia blew up U.S. Fortunately, I had been offworld at the time. There wasn't much to do. All the bowling alleys had been wrecked. So's I spent most of my time looking for beer. "  ;D

One of my favorite films....  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/08/05 at 4:23 pm

^ That's one of the few Rick Moranis movies I've never seen. From what I've heard (and what you just said) it sounds pretty funny though!

BTW, Footloose was a great movie (with an even better soundtrack!), but did anyone ever think that town was stuck about 30 years in the past (well, 50 years now)? Do you think it was supposed to be an accurate representation of certain Bible Belt/conservative small towns - it seems like something more out of the 50's than 1984 IMO.

It should've taken place today. You wouldn't hear any complaints from me if they banned, say dancing to Eminem, LOL! How could anyone hate on such fun 80s songs, though?

That was a WAY different John Lithgow than I was used to seeing as really funny on 3rd Rock From the Sun. ;)

Written By: woops on 09/08/05 at 5:08 pm

"License to Drive"
"Welcome to 18"
  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 6:37 pm

One of Lithgow's best roles was as a ruthless killer in Cliffhanger.  He had a fake accent in it that always makes me laugh ... "You s'chew-pid Bahstahd"  ;D

The best Lithgow performance is in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banazi....

http://alicia-logic.com/capsimages/bb_082JohnLithgow.jpg

"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy!"  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/08/05 at 8:29 pm

;D yep I loved Just one of the guys...I loved the sex starved little brother!!...and Better off dead was great...I loved the little Eddie Van Halen singin cheeseburger...sooo funny!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 9:10 pm

Spaceballs is another one of my favorites...

Anyone here heard of Ice Pirates?

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/8970000/8977718.jpg

Now that's a cheesy movie!  ;D

Written By: OliverDK on 09/08/05 at 9:32 pm

The Wraith (1986) starring Charlie Sheen

Timerider (1982) starring Fred Ward

Battle Beyond The Stars (1980) starring Richard Thomas

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/09/05 at 5:56 am

;D yep I loved Just one of the guys...I loved the sex starved little brother!!...and Better off dead was great...I loved the little Eddie Van Halen singin cheeseburger...sooo funny!!

I LOVED THE LITTLE BROTHER IN JUST ONE OF THE GUYS... I saw him in a commercial not too long ago.... Hes still so cute.... He tickeld me in that movie... I liked the part where one of the many times when he struck out and he looked at his crotch and said " Sorry SPIKE!!"  ;D  That was so funny... He remided me of the boys on my street when i was growing up... HORN DOGS ;).. I was one of 2 girls , the only ones on the street so we came across alot of teenage boys in my area!!!

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/09/05 at 11:44 pm

;D  Yep I know what you mean..I had soo many JUST like him in my nieghborhood...Remember the old line.."Sit in my lap and lets see what comes up?"...LOL...I thought of another flick..I think it was the 80s.." The Lost Boys"..I didnt really think it was that cheesy...Well..In some parts..but I thought it was Cool!!

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/10/05 at 1:52 am

Hardbodies, basically anything that they showed late at night on USA.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/10/05 at 10:47 pm

Meant to respond to this earlier. I like Better Off Dead too - just saw it for the first time a couple months back. I've gotta admit, at first I wasn't that into it, but in the second half it picked up (I get a kick out of that homicidal paperboy, Johnny - "I want my two dollars!"). ;D

It's one of those movies that takes a few viewings to make an impression and set in, if that makes sense. Actually, to a degree, you could say the BTTF's are that way too.

Never saw Just One of the Guys - what's that like?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/05 at 9:38 am

I am surprised no one mentioned UHF....  ;D

Wheel of Fish is my favorite of the film....  ;D

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! STUPID! You're so STU-PIIIIIIIIIIID!"  ;D

http://members.tripod.com/~yank0vic/whelfish.jpg

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/11/05 at 9:47 am

I am surprised no one mentioned UHF.... ;D

Wheel of Fish is my favorite of the film.... ;D

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! STUPID! You're so STU-PIIIIIIIIIIID!" ;D

http://members.tripod.com/~yank0vic/whelfish.jpg

Couldn't agree more. Weird Al is one of my heroes - I instantly loved the movie the first time I saw it in 1992 (about the time I got into his then new album, Off the Deep End).

Outside of BTTF, it might just be my favorite.

Interestingly, upon the time of its release, it tanked at the box office (then again it didn't have a decent shot in the summer of '89, with Batman and other great blockbusters coming out). Yet it's become a real cult classic over the years.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/05 at 9:59 am

I also got it on special DVD, the commentary for the film is hilarious, they even got Michael Richards as guest commentor for the DVD too.

He played the janitor/kids show host in the film.

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/05 at 5:00 pm

What about this classic Academy Award Winner (NOT)  ;D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00094ARVO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/05 at 9:47 pm

Top Secret is also a good movie too...  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/05 at 9:48 pm

I loved Top Secret.  I had to own that as soon as it came on DVD.  Speaking of Val Kilmer, how 'bout Real Genius?  That was a fantastic film :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/05 at 9:53 pm

I loved Top Secret.  I had to own that as soon as it came on DVD.  Speaking of Val Kilmer, how 'bout Real Genius?  That was a fantastic film :)

I have yet to see that film, I gotta check it out...

Written By: Kayley0910 on 09/12/05 at 1:30 am

Labyrinth and Teen Wolf...(or was Teen Wolf early 90's??)

Written By: electric80lady on 09/12/05 at 6:15 am

Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/12/05 at 6:23 am

Labyrinth and Teen Wolf...(or was Teen Wolf early 90's??)

Good movie - that was 1985 so it's the total heart of the 80's.

In fact, it was Michael J Fox's last "pre superstardom" role. He shot it just before the first BTTF while he was also working full time on Family Ties.

It's not something I'd consistantly watch, but it's a cool "cult classic".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/05 at 10:22 am

Yeah, there were a lot of cheesy movies and I must admit, many of them I like.  :-[  I could list the usual ones (Airplace, History of the World, Part I etc.) but I will list the ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

Student Bodies
Midnight Madness (with an extremely young Michael J. Fox)
Clue
Grease 2
Doctor Detroit
The Jerk
The Man with Two Brains
The Lonely Guy
L.A. Story (but this might be in the 90s)
(Yeah, I love Steve Martin)

I'm sure there are a lot more but these are the ones that I can think of right now.

Cat

Written By: Criz on 09/12/05 at 11:31 am

How did I forget Grease 2 - so so SO cheesy!

Written By: joedeertae on 09/12/05 at 12:07 pm

Spaceballs (1987)

http://tinyurl.com/bl3el

Written By: Bobby on 09/12/05 at 12:28 pm

I have loads of 80s cheesy films in my DVD collection that I love.  8)

Flash Gordon
Woman in red
Dragnet
Spaceballs
Police Academy
Labyrinth
Princess Bride
Goonies
Pretty in Pink
Mannequin
Little shop of horrors
Masters of the Universe
Gremlins
Willow

All are brilliantly cheesy IMO.  8)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/12/05 at 12:33 pm

Midnight Madness (with an extremely young Michael J. Fox)

Can you believe I've not yet seen that one? ;)

I like Steve Martin quite a bit as well. First time I saw The Jerk was in 1993 or so when I caught it on TV (my dad recommended it to me) - my favorite scene always was when the sniper was shooting at him in the gas station and hit the oil cans.

Navin, being as "dumb" as he was, thought that's what he was aiming for ("He hates these cans!"). ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/05 at 1:20 pm

Can you believe I've not yet seen that one? ;)

I like Steve Martin quite a bit as well. First time I saw The Jerk was in 1993 or so when I caught it on TV (my dad recommended it to me) - my favorite scene always was when the sniper was shooting at him in the gas station and hit the oil cans.

Navin, being as "dumb" as he was, thought that's what he was aiming for ("He hates these cans!"). ;D

I always thought that Midnight Madness was cute. Check it out. You might like it.

My favorite scene from the Jerk was when his girlfriend was showing him the tatoo that she got with his name on it (on her butt) and he said, "I bet more people see this then the phone book".

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/05 at 1:22 pm

Just remembered another one:

Electric Dreams

Cat

Written By: Mushroom on 09/12/05 at 1:34 pm

How could all of you have missed "Porky's"?

Here are a few others I have not seen listed:

They Live
Monty Python & The Meaning Of Life
Turk 182
Tron
The Last Starfighter
Xanadu
The Cannonball Run
Night Of The Comet

Written By: Cafe80s on 09/12/05 at 5:18 pm

Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Oh Yeah now that's cheesy.
Anyone ever seen a New Zealand flick called Bad Taste? It's gotta be the absolute worst & cheasiest movie i've "ever" seen. It was directed by Peter Jackson, the same guy who directed Lord Of The Rings. I found it so hard to sit through all of Bad Taste because it was so stupid & about 15 minutes in i already wanted to switch it off. Such a fitting name for the film.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/12/05 at 10:38 pm

::) Mushroom...I forgot about Porkys...Sooo funny..I love it when Dude stuck his Hmmm well...Ya know trou the hole and that big PE teacher snatched it up!!!....Also They Live..HAHA wasnt that the one with Rowdy Roddie Piper??? That was Cheesy but I liked it.. Need some of those glasses...we can SEE the ALIENS!!!!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/13/05 at 1:23 am

Some people may think the 1986 movie "Lucas" was a bit cheesy. But, I LOVE that movie!  PLus, I'll have to admit I get a few laughs from the Revenge of the Nerds series of films, even though it's such slapstick stuff - it's fun to reminesce that old 80's feeling of cheesiness. One cheesy movie I can't really stand is "Howard the Duck," although I am sure if I catch it anytime soon, it will suck me right in. Another was "Harry and the Hendersons" Another movie I kept watching although I never liked it much and thought it was cheesy.

Written By: Bobby on 09/13/05 at 1:54 am

Some people may think the 1986 movie "Lucas" was a bit cheesy. But, I LOVE that movie!  PLus, I'll have to admit I get a few laughs from the Revenge of the Nerds series of films, even though it's such slapstick stuff - it's fun to reminesce that old 80's feeling of cheesiness. One cheesy movie I can't really stand is "Howard the Duck," although I am sure if I catch it anytime soon, it will suck me right in. Another was "Harry and the Hendersons" Another movie I kept watching although I never liked it much and thought it was cheesy.

Actually, Lucas was a much better film than people kind of realise. I remember watching and enjoying it quite some time ago.  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/13/05 at 9:42 am

One cheesy movie I can't really stand is "Howard the Duck," although I am sure if I catch it anytime soon, it will suck me right in.

Even though I've almost never disagreed with you, I love that one since I first saw it last year - I've since made it a point to watch everything any BTTF castmember is in (especially Lea Thompson). ;)  :-*

Cheesy? Heck yeah. I think it was very "video game-ish" in its special effects and overall storyline. In fact, I'm surprised there wasn't an NES game based on it - and to think they wasted time on the piece of junk BTTF 1 one (just proves not everything with the worlds "Back to the Future" on it are good, LOL)! :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/05 at 10:22 am

Howard The Duck is way up there....  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/05 at 10:53 am

Actually, Lucas was a much better film than people kind of realise. I remember watching and enjoying it quite some time ago.  :)

I have never thought of Lucas as a cheesy movie. I think it is a great film.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/13/05 at 1:22 pm

I agree. I have heard others say it was kind of lame though, so that's what I meant that "some" thought it was cheesy - but that doesn't account for us cool folks  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/13/05 at 2:17 pm

I liked Lucas... It was cute but cheesy :D what about Teen Wolf?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/13/05 at 2:57 pm

Even though I've almost never disagreed with you, I love that one since I first saw it last year - I've since made it a point to watch everything any BTTF castmember is in (especially Lea Thompson). ;)  :-*

Cheesy? Heck yeah. I think it was very "video game-ish" in its special effects and overall storyline. In fact, I'm surprised there wasn't an NES game based on it - and to think they wasted time on the piece of junk BTTF 1 one (just proves not everything with the worlds "Back to the Future" on it are good, LOL)! :D

It's cool :0) I guess to me it just was something I couldn't quite get into at the age I watched it. If I see it now, I may view it in another light.  :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/13/05 at 10:44 pm

8)  I Liked Teen Wolf also...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/05 at 12:21 am

My personal three rules for qualification
1. I must believe the movie is actually "cheesy" in either a good way (eg Repo Man) or a bad way (eg Mask).
2. I had to actually like the movie when I saw it, and not just because it was soooo bad.
3. I had to have actually seen the movie in the '80s, not subsequently.

Polyester (1980, director: John Waters)
Repo Man (1984, director: Alex Cox)
Something Wild (1986, director: Jonathan Demme)
Take This Job and Shove It (1981, director: Gus Trikonis)
The Manhattan Project (1986, director: Marshall Brickmann)
The Toxic Avenger (1985, director: Michael Herz, Lloyd Kaufman)
Grandview U.S.A. (1984, director: Randall Kleiser)
Mask (1985, director: Peter Bogdanovich)
S.O.B. (1981, director: Blake Edwards)
The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982, director: Albert Pyun)
The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988, director: Wes Craven)
Times Square (1980, director: Allan Moyle)
Liquid Sky (1982, director: Slava Tsukerman)
Summer Rental (1986, director: Carl Reiner)
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981, Director: George Miller)
Moving Violations (1985, Director: Neal Israel)
The Sure Thing (1985, Director: Rob Reiner)
Valley Girl (1983, director: Martha Coolidge)
Night Shift (1982, director: Ron Howard)
Smithereens (1982, director: Susan Seidelman)
Desperately Seeking Susan (1985, director: Susan Seidelman)

I could go on, but you know....

Titles others mentioned I concur with:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (Don't forget even cheesier BIG TOP PEE-WEE!)
Footloose (Another one with John Lithgow, can you spot the Lithgow ones on my list?)
History of the World, Part I (Mel Brooks, 'nuff said)
Better Off Dead (I still love this one, with Curtis Armstrong, the consummate sidekick!)
One Crazy Summer (Another Cusack, and of course, Bobcat Goldthwaite)
Strange Brew (The McKenzie Brothers, created on SCTV to spoof CBC demands for Canadian-oriented programming)
Ice Pirates (I don't remember a lot about this one, but I remember it was cheesy even for cheesy sci-fi)
Buckaroo Bonzai's Adventures in the 8th Dimension (with Lithgow again!)
UHF (Introduced Michael Richards, aka Kramer, as Stanley the janitor, brief Sam Kinison spoof by Weird Al)
Doctor Detroit (Dan Aykroyd as a pimp, with music by Lalo Schifrin!)
Top Secret (Welcome Neek!)
The Jerk, The Man With Two Brains, and The Lonely Guy (Steve Martin, and that's all need be said)
Police Academy (plus any and all sequels)
Electric Dreams (Edgar the Computer, voice by Bud Cort, I WANT TO MEET HER)
Tron (soundtrack by Wendy Carlos)
Cannonball Run (I'm as embarrassed about liking this one as "Smokey and the Bandit"!)
Howard The Duck (I saw it the week it came out, and the critics couldn't say enough bad things about it!)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/14/05 at 8:36 am

Oh, what about MAid to Order and April Fools DAY?  cHEESY GOOD :D

Written By: McDonald on 09/15/05 at 3:29 pm

D.A.R.Y.L

Have it on DVD. Love it.

also "Less than Zero" even though it was absolutely nothing like the book.

Written By: Videomercials on 09/15/05 at 3:44 pm

Here are my favorite cheesy 80's movies:

"Deadly Friend" (Horror Film)
The Last Dragon"
"Bad Boys" (Juvenile Jail movie with Sean Penn)
"The Wraith" (Horror)
"Big"
"Walk Like A Man"

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/16/05 at 8:18 am

McDonald..I have to disagree on Less Than Zero...It wasnt cheesy at all to me..a bit unrealistic in the aspect of the "Richness" of the characters...( Yea we all live in HUGE mansions in Bev Hills!!)...but..the drug use was very right on...I saw ALOT of PPLE that got hooked on crack in the late 80s when it first surfaced...When Robert Downey Jr. died in the movie it made me NEVER want to try crack..

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/17/05 at 11:09 pm

OH OH OH.... What about Swamp Thing and Beastmaster.... Super CHEESE :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/05 at 8:57 am

OH OH OH.... What about Swamp Thing and Beastmaster.... Super CHEESE :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Swamp Thing is one of my favorite cheesy movies...  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/05 at 1:13 pm

There was one called "Big Man on Campus" which was a "Hunchback of Notre Dame" type theme. He chose the name, Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga.  I thought it was a funny movie.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/18/05 at 6:43 pm

Just One of the Guys (1985)

Terry believes her teachers don't take her serious, just because she's a pretty girl. When she fails to win a journalism contest, she decides to switch schools - and gender. She plays her role well and is accepted as one of the guys. However then she meets Rick... and likes him.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/05 at 6:30 pm

Tron is up there on my list as well. The effects look outdated now, but it's still fun to watch..

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/20/05 at 10:43 am

Tron is up there on my list as well. The effects look outdated now, but it's still fun to watch..
  Ive never seen Tron... Oh how bout Critters?????? Cheesy fun

Written By: JarethsCrystal on 09/20/05 at 2:59 pm

Oh Mannequin! I absolutely love that movie!
I don't think it is all that cheesy though!  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/20/05 at 3:03 pm

Ive never seen Tron... Oh how bout Critters?????? Cheesy fun

I love that film, Critters, it's really cheesy!  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/22/05 at 12:27 pm

I love that film, Critters, it's really cheesy!  ;D
  CRITTERS IS SUPER CHEESE        YUMMY :D :D :D :D

Written By: Boogaloo Shrimp on 09/24/05 at 5:54 pm

Killer Klowns from Outerspace..... Straight Cheese !!!!!

Written By: Boogaloo Shrimp on 09/24/05 at 6:25 pm

Oh...... I forgot Spies Like Us
                       Over the Top
                       Ghoulies
                       Humanoid

CHEESE   CHEESE   CHEESE

Written By: Amber on 09/24/05 at 8:55 pm

Can't Buy Me Love

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/25/05 at 8:21 am

Can't Buy Me Love
  I liked that movie too when I was a kid but that movie is both Cheese and Sleaze!!!  I mean, buying a woman off, How PIMPY of him... LOL... I saw they recently did a sorta remake of the movie.......    Thinking back, that movie was sad... REMEMBER WHAT HE DID TO HIS BEST FRIENDS HOUSE....  OUCH >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:32 am

Ghoulies is pretty chessy, but not as cheesy as Ghoulies 2.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:39 am

It's not my favorite, but Rhinestone is pretty cheesy, also worth mentioning Smokey and The Bandit 3.

They were unable to get Burt Reynolds to reprise his role as Smokey, so they got the guy that played the truck driver to fill in instead. Burt however makes a cameo at the end of the film.

Written By: Amber on 09/25/05 at 8:14 pm

I liked that movie too when I was a kid but that movie is both Cheese and Sleaze!!!  I mean, buying a woman off, How PIMPY of him... LOL... I saw they recently did a sorta remake of the movie.......    Thinking back, that movie was sad... REMEMBER WHAT HE DID TO HIS BEST FRIENDS HOUSE....  OUCH >:(

I <3 that movie, lol.

Other cheesy movies I love:

License To Drive
Valley Girl
Weird Science
Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Adventures In Babysitting
Back to the Beach
Hairspray

Mainly all of the 80's high school movies.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/25/05 at 9:42 pm

8) I loved Cant Buy Me Love too..Patrick Demsey was the perfect Nerd..Look how hot he is now...LOL>>>>That really was a great movie....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:10 pm

Just saw Adventures In Babysitting again last night on TV, it's relly cheesy, but it's a;so one of my favorite fiolms too.

I also think that the Friday The 13th series is pretty cheesy, especially with all of the teenagers who go into the woods, even though there is a deadly armed maniac loose!  ;D  ::)

Written By: Amber on 09/25/05 at 10:25 pm

Haha, yeah the teen horror movies are sooooo cheesy from the 80's. 

Freddy Krueger used to scare me when I was a kid, but now when I watch those Nightmare on Elm Street movies I find him pretty funny.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:28 pm

Haha, yeah the teen horror movies are sooooo cheesy from the 80's. 

Freddy Krueger used to scare me when I was a kid, but now when I watch those Nightmare on Elm Street movies I find him pretty funny.

After part two, he became the stand comic from hell.  ::)  ;D

Maximum Overdrive is also a chessy movie too!  ;D

The truck is especially cheesy!  ;D

http://www.geocities.com/happytoyzco/somerig.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/05 at 10:31 pm

I really loved Tron.  One of Jeff Bridges' best movies :)

I remember Journey had a single release from the soundtrack called 'Only Solutions'

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/05 at 12:52 am

Here are my favorite cheesy 80's movies:

"Deadly Friend" (Horror Film)
The Last Dragon"
"Bad Boys" (Juvenile Jail movie with Sean Penn)
"The Wraith" (Horror)
"Big"
"Walk Like A Man"

I'll give you "Big" and "Bad Boys," definitely.  "Walk Like A Man," ixnay!  Howie Mandel is the nightly comic at the comedy club...IN HELL!!!!

There was one called "Big Man on Campus" which was a "Hunchback of Notre Dame" type theme. He chose the name, Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga.   I thought it was a funny movie.

I know!  So few people seem to know how funny that movie is.  I mean, it's a bad '80s teen movie, but it's got this really bizarre twist to it with the "Hunchback" theme. "Bob" reminds me of one of the local kooks who walks around Amherst!
IMDB.com indicates Allan Katz (Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga) was a TV writer and producer, and BMOC was his only acting role.  It seems like there would be a career in front of the camera for a guy that talented, but maybe "Bob" was his only schtick.
Dr. Webster (Tom Skerritt): The first thing you need is a name for yourself.
Bob: Judy Finkle.
Dr. Webster: Judy Finkle is a lovely name, but it's a woman's name, you need a man's name.
Bob: William F. Buckley.
Dr. Webster:  I believe there already is a William F. Buckley.
Bob: William G. Buckley.
Dr. Webster: (sighs) You need a name that doesn't sound like anybody else's name...
Bob: Bob.
Dr. Webster: Bob...?
Bob: Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga
Dr. Webster: Bob Maloo....?
Bob: Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga.  One Malooga, four loogas.

That's not the exact dialogue, but it goes something like that!
;D

I was at a party with some twenty-somethings a while back, and these two were saying one of their favorite movies of all time was "Three Amigos."  Talk about a cheesy '80s movie.  But I regailed them with copious quotes, and they were impressed!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/05 at 1:18 am

Oh...... I forgot Spies Like Us

"Spies Like Us" ROCKS!

That scene where Chevy Chase starts to lose it in the secret service exam reminds me of those tests in college when I wasn't prepared.  I'd sit down with the question and the blue book (remember those evil little blue exam books?) and look at the first question.  Don't know.  Second question.  Don't know.  Then I'd scan down the paper and start to panic, teeth clenched, thinking, I...don't...know...anything, I..., I...don't...know...anything...at all!!!  One time I nearly chewed through a ball point pen!  Anyway, I'd just resign myself to failure, put pen to paper and just start writing.
I'd go to class the next week with a sense of doom.  My blue book would come back: 84%!
;D
Chevy Chase acted very well how I felt during those tests!
OH GOD, I CAN'T TAKE IT! THE PRESSURE! HEART ATTACK, HEART ATTACK! AHHHH! (ROLLING IN THE AISLE)!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/26/05 at 12:03 pm

"Spies Like Us" ROCKS!

That scene where Chevy Chase starts to lose it in the secret service exam reminds me of those tests in college when I wasn't prepared.  I'd sit down with the question and the blue book (remember those evil little blue exam books?) and look at the first question.  Don't know.  Second question.  Don't know.  Then I'd scan down the paper and start to panic, teeth clenched, thinking, I...don't...know...anything, I..., I...don't...know...anything...at all!!!  One time I nearly chewed through a ball point pen!  Anyway, I'd just resign myself to failure, put pen to paper and just start writing.
I'd go to class the next week with a sense of doom.  My blue book would come back: 84%!
;D
Chevy Chase acted very well how I felt during those tests!
OH GOD, I CAN'T TAKE IT! THE PRESSURE! HEART ATTACK, HEART ATTACK! AHHHH! (ROLLING IN THE AISLE)!

I like that film as well, it's really funny.  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/26/05 at 11:00 pm

8)  Maximum Overdrive..Yep..I loved that too...The killer Ice Cream truck freaked me out..

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/27/05 at 12:30 am

Ghoulies is pretty chessy, but not as cheesy as Ghoulies 2.  ::)
  LOL, nothings Ever cheesier than anything Part 2......  What about HOUSE?? Remember that cheesy movie?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/05 at 3:44 am

LOL, nothings Ever cheesier than anything Part 2......   What about HOUSE?? Remember that cheesy movie?

All I remember is it had Richard Moll in it.  You know, "Bull," the big, bald baliff on "Night Court."

Another cheesy movie:

My Science Project

Two high school kids break into a military junkyard to get some stuff for a science project, they discover a glowing orb.  The orb turns out to possess apocalyptic powers, so the kids have to save the world from it. 
I do remember it had Dennis Hopper in it.  That's about it.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/27/05 at 11:49 pm

i loved the movie House.... Yes, I remember Bull from Night Court, that was a great show too... I vaugley remember My science Project... What about MY BOYFRIENDS BACK? was that from the 80,s? That was cheesy and so was ONCE BITTEN :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/28/05 at 9:39 am

i loved the movie House.... Yes, I remember Bull from Night Court, that was a great show too... I vaugley remember My science Project... What about MY BOYFRIENDS BACK? was that from the 80,s? That was cheesy and so was ONCE BITTEN :D

House 2 is even more chessier!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/28/05 at 9:46 am

What about Earth Girls Are Easy? 

Written By: drewbru on 09/28/05 at 11:00 am

I really loved Tron.  One of Jeff Bridges' best movies :)

I can remember liking Tron as well.  The movie had a very unusual look, even by today's standards, and some pretty impressive special effects for its time.  The funny thing is that I didn't recognize Bruce Boxleitner (sp?), who stars in Tron, when he appeared in the "Babylon 5" series years later.  It wasn't until relatively recently when I was watching a rerun of Tron that I realized, "Hey!  That's Captain Sheridan!"  :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/28/05 at 5:16 pm

I remember TRON well...I was late to the theatre and had to sit on the front row...Talk about LOUD and Mind Blowing!!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/01/05 at 12:07 am

House 2 is even more chessier!  ;D
  HOUSE 2????????  ARGH, SAY IT AINT SO?  I had no idea there was a part 2?

Written By: drewbru on 10/01/05 at 9:52 pm

I remember TRON well...I was late to the theatre and had to sit on the front row...Talk about LOUD and Mind Blowing!!

Reading this, I had a sudden vision of Jeff Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" watching "Tron while sittling the front row, stored, and saying "Gnarly!"

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 10/04/05 at 11:33 pm

Saturday the 14th. :D Anyone remember that movie?

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/04/05 at 11:43 pm

Reading this, I had a sudden vision of Jeff Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" watching "Tron while sittling the front row, stored, and saying "Gnarly!"
::)  Are U my secret TWIN????  LOL...Read my early posts...I was the female Spicoli...LOL...Checkered Vans...

Written By: TC1970 on 10/05/05 at 6:30 am

Was Who's That Girl?  mentioned? Very cheesy!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/05/05 at 9:41 am

HOUSE 2????????  ARGH, SAY IT AINT SO?  I had no idea there was a part 2?

Yes, there was with Bill Maher and John Ratzenberg in the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093220/

Written By: drewbru on 10/05/05 at 1:46 pm

::)  Are U my secret TWIN????  LOL...Read my early posts...I was the female Spicoli...LOL...Checkered Vans...

Ah yes, how I remember Checkerboard Vans!  EVERYONE in my junior high school had a pair of these after "Fast Times" came out in the theater.  I can't count the number of unfortunate teachers who had to turn away pizza delivery men from their classrooms (the educational system must have HATED "Fast Times"!).  Who would have guessed at the time that Sean Penn would go on to marry Madonna, and become a Serious Movie Actor?

Written By: thenewwavechick on 10/05/05 at 1:52 pm

Yes, I remember this movie.  It was with Richard Benjamin, Paula Prentece, and Jeffrey Tambor.  I haven't seen it in years though.  I rmember that Jeffrey Tambor was a vampire, and Kari Micheals (from Gimme a Break) was attacked in the bathtub by this swamp monster or something.  Man, that movie was bad it was good. 
Doess anyone remember these two movies: Hysterical and Pandamonium?  Those are two VERY cheesy, yet funny movies of the 80s. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/05 at 2:03 pm

Doess anyone remember these two movies: Hysterical and Pandamonium? Those are two VERY cheesy, yet funny movies of the 80s.

I remember Saturday the 14th and Pandamonium. Don't remember Hysterical.

A movie I forgot to mention is DC Cab. I can't help it, I love that movie.

Cat

Written By: Kuniko on 10/05/05 at 6:54 pm

I LOVED ALOT OF THE 80S MOVIES, I LOVED BREAKFAST CLUB, PRETTY IN PINK, THE GOONIES <REMEMBER CHUNK?> BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE TWO I LIKED THE MOST ARE PROBABLY JUST ONE OF THE GUYS < i THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH SEEING IT WITH MY BEST FRIEND tERASA AT THE MOVIES> AND I LIKED THE MOVIE HAMBURGER THE MOVIE< I KNOW IT WAS A STUPID MOVIE, BUT WHEN THE 2 FAT TWINS FART AND SAY "AROMA" I LAUGH MY BUTT OFF!!! THE MOVIES BACK THEN WERE THE BEST... FREDDY WAS A CHEESE KING TOO... WHAT DID YALL ALL LIKE? :D :D :D

"Breakin"  Yep, definatly, Breakin.  You know?  The movie with Special K and O-Zone...? That movie was beyond corny.  The sad thing is  that when it comes on, even now, I am the first to watch it.

Written By: drewbru on 10/05/05 at 7:36 pm

"Breakin"  Yep, definatly, Breakin.  You know?  The movie with Special K and O-Zone...? That movie was beyond corny.  The sad thing is  that when it comes on, even now, I am the first to watch it.

For God's sake, have some respect for yourself!  Oh, the humanity!    :D ;D :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/05/05 at 10:02 pm

For God's sake, have some respect for yourself!  Oh, the humanity!    :D ;D :)
  :o  OMG..LLOOLLL!!!!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/06/05 at 2:22 am

What about Modern Times with C Chase? So super cheese but great

Written By: Atari on 10/06/05 at 12:41 pm

Breakin' 2 is MUCH worse. I can sit through the first one, but the second one is way too cheesy for me :)

Here's a few that haven't been mentioned; most likely due to their obscurity:

Last American Virgin- with the most depressing ending in a movie ever
Black Hole- sci-fi cheese at its best; we're talking MST3K material here!
Android- total cheese, filmed using the set from Black Hole! More MST3K fodder :)
North Shore- an Arizona surf champion (say WHAT?) goes to Hawaii and..well, just watch it :)
Malibu Bikini Shop- two brothers, one a yuppie, one a "party animal", inherit a bikini shop from their dead aunt. Wee!
Joysticks- oh boy...  :-\\
Whacked- from the producer of Joysticks. 'nuff said.
Doctor Detroit- great cheesy Dan Ackroyd flick (Fran Drescher is in this one too).
The Hollywood Knights- a goofball gang of 50s high schoool students reek havoc. Sort of an Animal House ripoff, but fun nevertheless. And Fran is in this one too!

My favs-

Midnight Madness
Tron
Porky's series
Android
Rad
Girls Just Want To Have Fun (yeah I'm a dude but I like this one) :)
The Last Dragon (WHO'S THE MASTA! SHO-NUFF!!)  :-X
and um...

Joysticks  :-\\

;)

Written By: drewbru on 10/06/05 at 1:44 pm

Breakin' 2 is MUCH worse. I can sit through the first one, but the second one is way too cheesy for me :)

They made a SEQUEL to Breakin'?  I don't know which is more frightening, the fact that the movie was made, or that part 1 made enough money to justify a sequel!

Black Hole- sci-fi cheese at its best; we're talking MST3K material here!

I liked "The Black Hole" as kid (doesn't speak well about my tastes as a child, does it?)  I can remember being creeped out by Maximillian, the evil red robot with the Ginsu knife hands.  I agree with you that the movie is pure cheese.  What was Disney thinking when they made this movie?

Doctor Detroit- great cheesy Dan Ackroyd flick (Fran Drescher is in this one too).

Was this the one where Dan Ackroyd played a pimp?  I vaguely recall Ackroyd starring in a series of bad movies before he made a comeback in "My Girl".

Written By: Bobby on 10/06/05 at 3:06 pm

WIERD SCIENCE!!!

Bought it on DVD yesterday. Absolute cheesy class.  ;D

Written By: OliverDK on 10/06/05 at 3:15 pm

link=topic=12754.msg642635#msg642635 date=1128624274]
They made a SEQUEL to Breakin'? I don't know which is more frightening, the fact that the movie was made, or that part 1 made enough money to justify a sequel!

As far as I remember " Breakin' " was the first movie about electric boogie/breakdance, which I'm sure goes a long to explain why they decided to make the sequal

I liked "The Black Hole" as kid (doesn't speak well about my tastes as a child, does it?) I can remember being creeped out by Maximillian, the evil red robot with the Ginsu knife hands. I agree with you that the movie is pure cheese. What was Disney thinking when they made this movie?

I haven't seen "The Black Hole" for years, but I've always been into Sci-Fi and I really liked the movie, I didn't really like it when it was released, but a couple of years later I found the novel on which the movie was based, and that helped a lot.

Written By: OliverDK on 10/06/05 at 3:20 pm

The cheesiest Sci-Fi movie of the 80s must be "Battle Beyond the Stars" from 1980, starring Richard Thomas, Robert Vaughn, John Saxon and George Peppard, not the most brilliant Sci-Fi movie ever but it is fun.

Written By: Bobby on 10/06/05 at 3:25 pm

The Gate was pretty cheesy too.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/06/05 at 3:42 pm

Was this the one where Dan Ackroyd played a pimp? I vaguely recall Ackroyd starring in a series of bad movies before he made a comeback in "My Girl".

That's funny, most of Dan Aykroyd's stuff I got into as a kid was in this time period. :D

He tended to be more of a supporting role or co-star, but he did great. If I had to pick one favorite he was in, The Great Outdoors would be it. Not that many people seem to know of it these days, but it's one of those movies you can watch over and over. And even if you've never been camping before, you can still relate to it.

Written By: drewbru on 10/06/05 at 4:01 pm

The cheesiest Sci-Fi movie of the 80s must be "Battle Beyond the Stars" from 1980, starring Richard Thomas, Robert Vaughn, John Saxon and George Peppard, not the most brilliant Sci-Fi movie ever but it is fun.

John-Boy was in a sci-fi movie?  That's almost as unbelievable as him being in a horror movie.  Wait a minute, he was in a horror movie - the TV version of Stephen King's "It"!  :)

P.S. -- Like your sig, RetroGuyDK!  Highlander was such as awesome movie!  And the Kurgan had lots of great lines -- "Happy Halloween, ladies!"

Written By: drewbru on 10/06/05 at 4:05 pm

That's funny, most of Dan Aykroyd's stuff I got into as a kid was in this time period. :D

He tended to be more of a supporting role or co-star, but he did great. If I had to pick one favorite he was in, The Great Outdoors would be it. Not that many people seem to know of it these days, but it's one of those movies you can watch over and over. And even if you've never been camping before, you can still relate to it.

Believe it or not, even though I'm a big movie buff, I've never seen "The Great Outdoors".  This is another one I need to add to my NetFlix queue.  John Candy, what a talented comedian he was!  Dan Ackroyd has shifted into more serious roles -- I doubt that today's kids would ever guess that he used be a SNL regular.

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/07/05 at 12:58 am

John-Boy was in a sci-fi movie?  That's almost as unbelievable as him being in a horror movie.  Wait a minute, he was in a horror movie - the TV version of Stephen King's "It"!   :)

P.S. -- Like your sig, RetroGuyDK!  Highlander was such as awesome movie!  And the Kurgan had lots of great lines -- "Happy Halloween, ladies!"
  Nobody ..but ..nobody..Makes fun of John Boy...Yes he was in "IT" but that was Diff...I will kill you with my bare hands...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Written By: OliverDK on 10/07/05 at 8:42 am

Does anyone here remember movies like "My Science Project" , "Taps" and "The Dungeonmaster"?

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 9:03 am

Nobody ..but ..nobody..Makes fun of John Boy...Yes he was in "IT" but that was Diff...I will kill you with my bare hands...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I wouldn't presume to mock Mr. John Boy!  :)  I can remember watching "The Waltons" back in the 1970's with my parents, and I always liked Richard Thomas in the role of John Boy (as a side note, I also liked the theme music from the show -- it always sounded so "homey", like the kind of music you would associate with visiting your grandparents on Thanksgiving Day).  The problem is that he was so good in that role, and it became so "iconic", that it was impossible for many people (including me) to see him play any other role without thinking, "Hey!  That's John Boy!"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 12:26 pm

Does anyone here remember movies like "My Science Project" , "Taps" and "The Dungeonmaster"?

I remember Taps-with unknowns by the name of Tom Cruise and Sean Penn. The guy who played the sherif (Jim Handy) in that movie  I used to work with. That was the first movie I saw him in (he has been in many others since)

Another obscure sci-fi, cheesy movie was Strange Invaders-but I liked it.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Chasey on 10/07/05 at 3:44 pm

My Fav has to be Bachelor Party by a clear mile!  :D

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 3:50 pm

My Fav has to be Bachelor Party by a clear mile!  :D

Who would have ever guessed that Tom Hanks, star of "Bachelor Party", would end up being a serious, Academy Award-winning actor???

Written By: Chasey on 10/07/05 at 4:14 pm

Indeed - and I think Tom has trouble coming to terms with his juvenile past!

You guys need to check this site out:

http://www.bachelorpartymovie.com/ 

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/08/05 at 12:23 am

I loved Taps.... What about 3o clock high and The Best Lil Whorehouse in Texas??????? That one is super cheese :D :D :D

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/08/05 at 2:23 pm

I wouldn't presume to mock Mr. John Boy!  :)  I can remember watching "The Waltons" back in the 1970's with my parents, and I always liked Richard Thomas in the role of John Boy (as a side note, I also liked the theme music from the show -- it always sounded so "homey", like the kind of music you would associate with visiting your grandparents on Thanksgiving Day).  The problem is that he was so good in that role, and it became so "iconic", that it was impossible for many people (including me) to see him play any other role without thinking, "Hey!  That's John Boy!"

;D  I was kiddin..LOL...I agree with you..when he was in the movie IT he had a fake ponytail and it was hysterical..

Written By: Dagwood on 10/08/05 at 2:29 pm

I love that movie.  Great for a laugh.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/08/05 at 2:31 pm

A movie I forgot to mention is DC Cab. I can't help it, I love that movie.

Cat

Great movie.  Then again, I am in love with Adam Baldwin so I may be biased. :D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/13/05 at 3:15 am

Revenge of the Nerds and Up the Creek :D

Written By: OliverDK on 10/13/05 at 3:26 am

"Timerider" , "My Science Project" , "Battle Beyond the Stars" and "Combat Academy"

Written By: Carl on 10/13/05 at 11:01 am

Police Academy
Sure Thing
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Splash

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/14/05 at 12:52 am

8)  I have posted before but..Fast Times At Ridgemont High....Very cheesy but totally COOL!!!...I saw it at LEAST 10 times at the theatre...last few at the drive in...I had my checkered VANS on and my SEX WAX T-Shirt....I was SPICOLI...the female version..LOL...Was skateboarding and surfing..( In my dreams!! )...Surfing..I went to CALI..on vacation..I live in Tn...But I was the COOL chick that summer..LOL...Chillin with my VANS at the skating rink and Arcade......Master of GALAGA and PACMAN...WHOOO..you go girl!!! I miss those days!!

Written By: laura hrdlicka on 10/14/05 at 5:53 pm

back to the future :)
labyrinth(if you consider that cheesy) :-\\

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/15/05 at 2:35 am

What about 1 crazy summer?  Thats SUPERCHEESE :D :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/15/05 at 1:34 pm

Police Academy
Sure Thing
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Splash

I'm probably in the minority here, but I preferred the latter era Police Academy's over the original. I'd say starting at #3, they seemed to try and go more mainstream/silly humor, as opposed to the more edgy #1. The 2nd one was like a slightly toned down variation of the original.

I also saw Sure Thing a few months back - great one I can't believe I missed for so many years! It took me some time to warm up to John Cusack's character Gib, but just as always, I did.

P.S. I also was shocked that Gib's best friend - who was a total partier/player - was Mark Green from ER! LOL. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/05 at 11:58 pm

I'm probably in the minority here, but I preferred the latter era Police Academy's over the original. I'd say starting at #3, they seemed to try and go more mainstream/silly humor, as opposed to the more edgy #1. The 2nd one was like a slightly toned down variation of the original.

I forgot which "Polie Academy" it was from, but my favorite scene of all is when Mahoney replaces Lt. Mauser's shampoo with epoxy glue!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/16/05 at 12:30 am

I forgot which "Polie Academy" it was from, but my favorite scene of all is when Mahoney replaces Lt. Mauser's shampoo with epoxy glue!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

LOL! That was #2.

In #4 (my personal fave) they kinda retreaded the joke when Zed put replaced Captain Harris' deoderant with mace. ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/16/05 at 2:06 am

What about Troop Beverly Hills????????  and Night Shift... HILARIOUS!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/05 at 2:15 pm

I also saw Sure Thing a few months back - great one I can't believe I missed for so many years! It took me some time to warm up to John Cusack's character Gib, but just as always, I did.

I like that movie. I like the part where they are standing in the rain, trying to break into a trailer when she realized that she had a credit card and said, "My father told me to use this only in case of an emergency".  He looked at her and said, "Well, who knows, maybe an emergency will come up." (or something like that).

What about Troop Beverly Hills????????  and Night Shift... HILARIOUS!!!

Like both of those, too.

I also like a movie called "Gotcha" with Anthony Edwards and "Let it Ride" with Richard Dryfuss and Teri Garr.

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/17/05 at 12:32 am

I loved Troop Beverly Hills.. Shelley Long was really funny.  What ever happened to her?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/05 at 1:24 am

LOL! That was #2.

In #4 (my personal fave) they kinda retreaded the joke when Zed put replaced Captain Harris' deoderant with mace. ;D

I also loved the scene in #1 where the hooker does the under-the-podium thing to Cmdt. Lassard, then he sees Mahoney crawling out from under the thing!
"Mahoney did something bad...very bad!"
"Who did he do it to, sir?"
"He did it...to...me..."
:-[ :D

Written By: strgazr on 10/17/05 at 3:52 pm

hymm I liked the goonies too.. most of those said are great, cheesy movies. My sister and I saturday were just talking about movies from the 80's. We were talking about the events and etc of the movie 16 candles. We were laughing over the name they chose for a character Long Duck Dong or something like that. lol too funny!  ::)

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/17/05 at 11:48 pm

8) thier are soo many scenes from 16 Candles that Crack me up!!...Long Duck Dong was a CLASSIC!!.." I love my American Girlfriend!)...." No more yanky my wanky"...Remember the background song.." Clean cut shave..."..LOL.,..The " Oily BoHunk"...LOL..." OH Look..Shes got her Boobies!!"...Its an all around classic coming of age movie!!..THUMBS UP!!!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/22/05 at 2:56 am

8) thier are soo many scenes from 16 Candles that Crack me up!!...Long Duck Dong was a CLASSIC!!.." I love my American Girlfriend!)...." No more yanky my wanky"...Remember the background song.." Clean cut shave..."..LOL.,..The " Oily BoHunk"...LOL..." OH Look..Shes got her Boobies!!"...Its an all around classic coming of age movie!!..THUMBS UP!!!
LOL  I remeber  Long Duck Dong... I saw him on the vh1 show i love the 80's... he looks the same!! ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/22/05 at 6:03 pm

LOL   I remeber  Long Duck Dong... I saw him on the vh1 show i love the 80's... he looks the same!! ;D

Yeah, he read off all the "nerds" in a given year, and closed it by saying, "The Donger knows." ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/23/05 at 1:10 am

8) BTW    Marty..I love your new PIC...LOOL......Yep..The Donger Knows!!...I bet that guy gets soo sick of hearing that!!! ::)

Written By: DaChazman on 10/23/05 at 1:15 pm

Probably Tron. The movie itself made no sense to me, but it was cool to look at.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/24/05 at 3:36 pm

WHAT ABOUT MAID TO ORDER... UGH!!!!! That movie is cheesey cheese CHEESE :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/24/05 at 6:16 pm

What about 1 crazy summer?   Thats SUPERCHEESE :D :D

I loved the scene that poked fun of Godzilla, with Bobcat dressed up in a giant lizard suit, and stomps model homes!  ;D

"Hey, Hoops, you ever notice how people die in alphabetical order? "  ;D

Written By: kirstencarroccia on 10/24/05 at 8:16 pm

All -time bests are Airplane and Caddyshack. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/24/05 at 8:30 pm

Top Secret  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/05 at 8:47 pm

Top Secret   ;D

Loved that movie ...

Gotta do a little Skeet Surfing  ;D

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 9:08 pm

My 2 all time favorite 80's movies...are probably considered cheesey by some, but I love them:

Breakin
and
Breakin 2-Electric Boogaloo

some others that have probably been mentioned are:

Cannonball Run
The Beastmaster
Sheena
Flash Gordon
Strange Brew
Porky's
Elvira-Mistress of the Dark
Hot Dog: The Movie
Secret Admirer
Zapped!
Ski School
Spring Break
Swamp Thing

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/24/05 at 9:42 pm

Swamp Thing is a pretty good film..

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 10:08 pm

I know...the first one was top rate stuff!!  That's when they did superhero movies that were cool...like the original Superman movies!! 8) :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/05 at 10:28 pm

Remo Williams
Big Trouble in Little China
The High Road to China

Well, they're not even among my favorites, they're just...there.

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/05 at 10:29 pm

Remo Williams

dodging bullets and running so fast your feet don't touch the ground  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/05 at 11:23 pm

dodging bullets and running so fast your feet don't touch the ground  ;D

I just saw that actor, Fred Ward, in yet another cheesy movie...in fact they're playing it right now on American Movie Classics...
"Tremors" with Kevin Bacon.
It's 1990, so it doesn't quite make the '80s cut.  1990 was a good year for Fred.  He also played Henry Miller in the giant turkey, "Henry & June."
I was like, oh cool, they're making a movie about Henry Miller.  Then I saw it, and it was like some cheesy late-night Skinemax thing.  Really awful.  I mean it did have a 19-year-old Uma as June, but it was too much of Maria de Medeiros narrating as Anais Nin in sotto voce French accent: "'ugo is viss us, but I vant to **** Henry..." and so forth.  Stupid.
There was a lot more to Henry Miller than Anais Nin, but you wouldn't know it from this yuppie-pleaser.

Speaking of...
Cheesy '80s movies that made yuppies go "Ooh-la-la"

The French Lieutenant's Woman ("I am a French Lieutenant's whore," say no more, Streep/Irons, 1981)
La Lune dans La Cavineau (Rape and hedonism in Marseille, Natassja Kinki, I mean Kinski, 1983)
Nine 1/2 Weeks (S&M, Mickey Rourke, 1986)
Angel Heart (Sex with Lisa Bonet, Mickey Rourke again, 1987)
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover (various erotic antics, 1989)
Wild Orchid (Sex in Rio, rumor of actual sex act performed, Mickey Rourke again, 1990)

I know there are more of these, I just can't recall them at the moment.
Sorry, "Porky's," "Little Darlings," and Bo Derek's udders are no sophisticated enough for yuppies.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/24/05 at 11:28 pm

Sixteen Candles  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/25/05 at 4:12 am

I just saw that actor, Fred Ward, in yet another cheesy movie...in fact they're playing it right now on American Movie Classics...
"Tremors" with Kevin Bacon.
It's 1990, so it doesn't quite make the '80s cut.  1990 was a good year for Fred.  He also played Henry Miller in the giant turkey, "Henry & June."
I was like, oh cool, they're making a movie about Henry Miller.  Then I saw it, and it was like some cheesy late-night Skinemax thing.  Really awful.  I mean it did have a 19-year-old Uma as June, but it was too much of Maria de Medeiros narrating as Anais Nin in sotto voce French accent: "'ugo is viss us, but I vant to **** Henry..." and so forth.  Stupid.
There was a lot more to Henry Miller than Anais Nin, but you wouldn't know it from this yuppie

The French Lieutenant's Woman ("I am a French Lieutenant's whore," say no more, Streep/Irons, 1981)
La Lune dans La Cavineau (Rape and hedonism in Marseille, Natassja Kinki, I mean Kinski, 1983)
Nine 1/2 Weeks (S&M, Mickey Rourke, 1986)
Angel Heart (Sex with Lisa Bonet, Mickey Rourke again, 1987)
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover (various erotic antics, 1989)
Wild Orchid (Sex in Rio, rumor of actual sex act performed, Mickey Rourke again, 1990)

I know there are more of these, I just can't recall them at the moment.
Sorry, "Porky's," "Little Darlings," and Bo Derek's udders are no sophisticated enough for yupp        I...AND MY HUSBAND WERE LAUGHING OUR ASS OFF TODAY WHEN TREMORS CAME ON amc....THATS A CLASSIC??...WE ONLY WATCHED IT BECAUSE OUR 19 YR OLD SON LOVED IT...IT IS FUNNY...LOOK AT KEVIN BACON AND REBA MCINTIRE....BUT I DO REMEMBER LITTLE DARLINGS...I REMEMBER CAMP..I WAS KRISTY MCNICHOL...i WAS THE TOMBOY AND THE MOVIE REALLY GOT TO ME..I WENT WITH MY BEST FRIEND,,JEFF TATE..HE WAS MY MOST SPECIAL BEST BUDDY...ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE..13..GOING ON 30??...JEFF WAS MY MATTIE...WE WERE BEST BUDS..ALWAYS WERE..ALWAYS WILL BE...GETTING SAPPY HERE... ::)  BUT i MEAN IT!!...

Written By: Tia on 10/25/05 at 12:23 pm

i have to go with the ripoffs of the splatter movies, which were pretty cheesy by and large to begin with. to wit: april fools day, sorority house massacre, blood sisters... "pieces," god help us, which was so head-splittingly bad... hell, i can't even remember which i saw and which i didn't! but they were all so crummy.

in terms of movies that were cheesy on purpose, and good, all my votes go to "return of the living dead."

Written By: Tia on 10/25/05 at 3:06 pm

oo! i thought of another one, "night of the comet." so corny, but i love it. i watch it every time it's on.

i bet that's on here already, if so, apologies.

Written By: Lou on 10/25/05 at 4:17 pm

just found the site!!   Superfuzz and North shore!!!

Written By: kirstencarroccia on 10/26/05 at 3:35 pm

Swamp Thing is a pretty good film..

Yea.  That was when Adrianne Barbeau was still a hottie.

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 7:21 pm

oo! another one, i'm not sure if it's on here: "Can't Buy Me Love," cute little boymeets,loses,gets girl movie from the 80s. it's like gets a crush on the beautiful supermodel and doesn't even notice his best friend is hopelessly in love with him! that old plotline works every time.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/29/05 at 12:54 am

I loved Swamp Thing......... Cheesy fun....... What about Beastmaster????????  Wow is that cheese :D

Written By: Tia on 10/29/05 at 9:29 am

I loved Swamp Thing......... Cheesy fun....... What about Beastmaster????????  Wow is that cheese :D

beastmaster, was that the one with miles o'keefe? they mystery-science-theatered the sequel, under the title "cave dwellers." quite funny, that. horrendous movie, though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 1:39 pm

Crimes of Passion
Starring Kathleen Turner and Anthony Perkins

One of those borderline x-rated...and very cheesy indeed!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/05 at 3:18 pm

Crimes of Passion
Starring Kathleen Turner and Anthony Perkins

One of those borderline x-rated...and very cheesy indeed!

That is one of my all=time favorite movies. Don't quite think of it as cheesy. I think of it as being very heavy.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:30 pm

beastmaster, was that the one with miles o'keefe? they mystery-science-theatered the sequel, under the title "cave dwellers." quite funny, that. horrendous movie, though.

It was the one with Marc Singer (he later starred in V as Mike Donovan).  He played Dar, the Beastmaster....

Rip Torn, the actor who played Agent Zed in Men In Black, was the evil bad guy....

And yeah.... it is a chessy film!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:37 pm

Cyborg!!!! Now that is a cheesy film!  ;D

Interesting trivia...

All the charecters are named for electric guitars and other instruments.

It was originally supposed to be the sequel to Masters of the Universe, but the movie bombed, so the move just became Cyborg.

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/05 at 4:52 pm

Here's one that's really cheesy, but I thought it was a quite good film ... It is from 1992, but it's got kind of an 80's feel to it ...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6302648521.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 5:06 pm

Here's one that's really cheesy, but I thought it was a quite good film ... It is from 1992, but it's got kind of an 80's feel to it ...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6302648521.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Phewwwwwwww...... I can smell that movie from here!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/05 at 5:13 pm

Phewwwwwwww...... I can smell that movie from here!  ;D

When Jon Lovitz plays the bad guy, you know right away it's super cheese  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 5:17 pm

;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/30/05 at 8:12 pm

Bachelor Party
Grandview USA
Sixteen Candles..Remember 'Long Duck Dong',that kid with that double-entendre name?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/31/05 at 12:10 am

I thought Marc Singer was in Beastmaster but umay be right?? Remember Heman with that guy from the Rocky movie?????????UGH!! I thought Rocky 2-100 was super cheese!! LOL  Oh yes and Friday the 13th after like the 2nd was super Duper cheese!! :D :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/31/05 at 2:23 am

Grandview USA

Ha ha! Somebody else remembers Grandview USA after all...
with Jamie Lee Curtis and Michelle "Mike" Cody, and Patrick Swayze as Ernie "Slam" Webster!
;D

A cheesy '80s movie I highly recommend:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0082763/
With Chevy Chase, Patti D'Arbanville, Dabney Coleman, and the late Nell Carter as the Haitian housekeeper/voodoo witch doctor!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300247406.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 6:48 am

mom and dad save the world reminds me of that babysitter movie, what was it called? it had similar art, the heroic babysitter with the kids clutching at her knees. that was an 80s flick, right? that counts as cheesy, but sorta cute. i watched the whole thing when it was on cable a whiles back, so that's saying something, i guess.

i thought it was "beastmaster" that had miles in it but i could be wrong. all those sword-and-sandal movies kinda blend together after a while...

Written By: Bobby on 10/31/05 at 6:53 am

Moving violations.  8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 12:27 pm

mom and dad save the world reminds me of that babysitter movie, what was it called? it had similar art, the heroic babysitter with the kids clutching at her knees. that was an 80s flick, right? that counts as cheesy, but sorta cute. i watched the whole thing when it was on cable a whiles back, so that's saying something, i guess.

i thought it was "beastmaster" that had miles in it but i could be wrong. all those sword-and-sandal movies kinda blend together after a while...

Like Sword and The Sorcerer?  ::)  ;D

That's because the 80's had a million Conan The Barbarian rip offs, like....

Sword and The Sorcerer
The Beastmaster
Hawk, The Slayer
Ator, the Fighting Eagle
The Deathstalker series
Yor, Hunter From The Future
The Barbarians

::)  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/05 at 12:57 pm

Moving violations.  8)

I love Moving Violations. I think the old lady was so funny.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 1:05 pm

ator, the flying eagle! i believe that's the one mst3k did, under the title "cave dwellers." miles o'keefe: women love him, men respect him...

adventures in babysitting, that's what it was called. that babysitter movie.

Written By: kirstencarroccia on 11/01/05 at 4:07 pm

That is one of my all=time favorite movies. Don't quite think of it as cheesy. I think of it as being very heavy.

Cat
axd
  Gotta agree with Cat.  Wouldn't call it cheesy...just great.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/01/05 at 6:14 pm

What about Witchboard?

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/16/A70-8341

;D

Written By: Tia on 11/01/05 at 8:17 pm

witchboard rocks! i was talking about that with the housemates just last night. ('if "tia" recommends a movie,' they said, 'that pretty much means it sucks and you shouldn't see it.' so mean!) i love the part when the psychic falls out of the window and lands on the sundial. harsh! i remember that was the movie that first familiarized me with the expression "TTFN."

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/01/05 at 8:24 pm

Moving violations.  8)
There's a scene in the movie where these two people were doing kinky things while wearing leather S&M type stuff..that was too funny!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/01/05 at 9:42 pm

Another movie worth mentioning is Waxwork...

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/05 at 9:43 pm

Another movie worth mentioning is Waxwork...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096426/

LOL anything with Zach Galligan is definately cheesy  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/01/05 at 9:53 pm

But was it Troll cheesy?  ;D

The singing monsters scare the crap out of me!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/02/05 at 12:35 am

Ha ha! Somebody else remembers Grandview USA after all...
with Jamie Lee Curtis and Michelle "Mike" Cody, and Patrick Swayze as Ernie "Slam" Webster!
;D

A cheesy '80s movie I highly recommend:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0082763/
With Chevy Chase, Patti D'Arbanville, Dabney Coleman, and the late Nell Carter as the Haitian housekeeper/voodoo witch doctor!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300247406.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
I loved Modern Problems... Nell Carter was so darn funny in that movie!!! It was the best cheesy fun... Remember Six Pack with Kenny Rogers... Honky Tonk Cheese :D

Written By: chiefyamick on 11/02/05 at 12:37 am

I apologize if this one is a repeat, didn't read the entire thread so here goes...

HOWARD THE DUCK

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 6:48 am

ewwww. howard the duck.

ewwwww.

EW!

i quivered with fury getting out of the theater after seeing that movie. i had a similar feeling after that "dick tracy" with warren beatty and, was it madonna? but that was early 90s, i believe, so...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/02/05 at 8:22 am

Masters of The Universe: The Movie  ::)  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/02/05 at 11:12 pm

It was the one with Marc Singer (he later starred in V as Mike Donovan).  He played Dar, the Beastmaster....

Rip Torn, the actor who played Agent Zed in Men In Black, was the evil bad guy....

And yeah.... it is a chessy film!  ;D
8)  I really liked Beastmaster...Marc Singer was a Hottie...and the Ferretts were sooo cute..

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/04/05 at 3:06 am

Creepshow 1 was cheesy fun but Creepshow 2???????? yuck :P

Written By: Bobby on 11/04/05 at 6:55 am

I love Moving Violations. I think the old lady was so funny.

There's a scene in the movie where these two people were doing kinky things while wearing leather S&M type stuff..that was too funny!

I'm going to have to find that film on DVD.  8)

Written By: Tia on 11/04/05 at 7:59 am

Creepshow 1 was cheesy fun but Creepshow 2???????? yuck :P
which one was the one with the raft? i remember creepshow 1 i liked all the little stories, each episode, and in creepshow 2 i only liked one of them.

creepshow 1 was some big-name director, right? george romero or something?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/04/05 at 9:03 am

Creepshow 2 was the one with a raft, and the first one was directed by George A. Romero.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/05/05 at 2:31 am

Creepshow 2 had the raft story.  I liked the story about the guy who had that rich snooty familyand wanted his Bday cake!!  He got it alright :D :D

Written By: Tia on 11/05/05 at 9:11 am

i'ma put em on my queue. like number 140 and 141.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/05/05 at 1:30 pm

Creepshow 2 had the raft story.  I liked the story about the guy who had that rich snooty familyand wanted his Bday cake!!  He got it alright :D :D

"I WANT MY CAKE !!!!!"  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/05 at 11:42 pm

How about Action Jackson starring Carl Weathers and that Canadian babe Vanity

I swear, that movie had some of the cheesiest lines ever. The action was good, the acting by Mr. Weathers was not ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/05 at 12:53 am

How about Action Jackson starring Carl Weathers and that Canadian babe Vanity

I swear, that movie had some of the cheesiest lines ever. The action was good, the acting by Mr. Weathers was not ;D

Yeah, I remember "Action Jackson."  At least there were no sequels.  Or were there?
:o

How about three stinkaroos from 1981:

Gabe Kaplan--Alex Karras--Robert Klein
Nobody's Perfekt

Howie Mandel
Gas

Ralph Bakashi*
American Pop

*same animator who did "Fritz the Cat" and the 1978 version of "Lord of The Rings," feh!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/07/05 at 2:36 am

Action Jackson was real cheese!  Oh, remember " My Boyfirends Back" and "Loverboy" with P Dempsey???  Cheese PLEASE!! :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/05 at 3:06 am

More 1981 stinkaroos

Bruce is Loose
(One of dozens of Kung Fu flick starring Bruce Lee clone Bruce Le (or Bruce Li, or Bruce Lei...), what distinguishes this stinker is it tries to trick the potential viewer into thinking it's the real Bruce Lee.  Sheesh!)

Roadgames
(An Australian smash 'em up bloody murder car chase movie with Jamie Lee Curtis and Stacy Keach.  Sorta like "Road Warrior" meets "Smokey and the Bandit" meets "Halloween.)

Jaws of Satan
Priest from a Druid ancestral line battles Satan who has taken the form of a biiiig snake!  Look closesly, you'll see a 10-year old Christina Applegate in this turkey!)

Take This Job and Shove It
(Robert Hays, Art Carney, Barbara Hershey, Martin Mull...It's a movie about a city slicker (Hays) come back to his hometown to manage the old brewery the the guys wound up working at....say no more.)
::)

Written By: Tia on 11/07/05 at 5:57 am

More 1981 stinkaroos
Jaws of Satan
Priest from a Druid ancestral line battles Satan who has taken the form of a biiiig snake!  Look closesly, you'll see a 10-year old Christina Applegate in this turkey!)

oo! this sounds good!

so does that roadgames thing.

Written By: whistledog on 11/07/05 at 9:28 am

Here's a real cheesy one

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000094FE3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/05 at 10:21 am

Here's a real cheesy one

THEY CALL ME BRUCE
How could I forget? Arf arf arf!

How about some cinematic stringcheese from '87?

ENEMY TERRITORY
An insurance salesman gets trapped in a tenament terrorized by a streetgang called "The Vampires." Featuring Ray Parker, Jr. as "Jackson."  Directed by stuntman Peter Manoogian, who also directed "Dungeonmaster," 1985.

MADE IN HEAVEN
A love story set literally in heaven.  Question will they make it back to earth before it's "too late," or some sh*t.
Timothy Hutton, Kelly McGillis, Maureen Stapleton, and a role for Anne Wedgworth, who everybody remembers as the sultry "Lana" on "Three's Company."  Made me wanna fwo up!

PROJECT X
A military recruit is given the job of looking after some top secret chimpanzees.  Features Matthew Broderick, Helen Hunt, and a whole troop of chimps!  No fictional movie with more than four primates in it has ever been any good.  My rules, I make 'em up!

WHO'S THAT GIRL?
It's not Marlo Thomas this time, it's Madonna.  Wild girl comes into yuppie's life and turns it upside down.  Madonna was called "Nikki Finn."  This was a reprise, perhaps, of Griffin Dunne's role in Martin Scorcese's "After Hours," which is a great movie.  This was a familiar '80s theme--"Something Wild," "Desperately Seeking Susan," and so forth.

HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS
Bigfoot for the 'burbs.  John Lithgow, M. Emmett Walsh---uh oh, run for your life!
:P

Written By: Tia on 11/07/05 at 10:28 am

ag! project x! i saw that. it just made me feel sad, and hurt.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/05 at 10:34 am

ag! project x! i saw that. it just made me feel sad, and hurt.

The movie itself? Or that I called the movie cheesy?  I mean, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings...
:(

Written By: Tia on 11/07/05 at 10:46 am

The movie itself? Or that I called the movie cheesy?  I mean, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings...
:(

oh no no, the movie itself. it was, blech!

i already had my heart broken when everybody savaged my favorite show ever, space: 1999.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/08/05 at 10:25 am

Grease 2                                YUCK :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/08/05 at 1:06 pm

I agree... it is yuck!  ;D

Written By: Triviamom on 11/08/05 at 2:56 pm

I watched "Big Trouble In Little China" The other night and laughed my butt off through the whole thing because it was just so cheesy! My 16 and 17 year old sons thought it was hysterical.

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/05 at 3:28 pm

THEY CALL ME BRUCE

And don't forget the even cheesier sequel "They Still Call Me Bruce"  ;D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000934FC2.01-A358GOSK8WB0E6.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: Tia on 11/08/05 at 4:27 pm

I watched "Big Trouble In Little China" The other night and laughed my butt off through the whole thing because it was just so cheesy! My 16 and 17 year old sons thought it was hysterical.

yeah, that one's good fun!

anybody ever see "hudson hawk"? that's a cheesy one that somehow i always end up watching all of it when it's on anyway. weird, that.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/08/05 at 10:31 pm

How about Psycho 3? ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/09/05 at 12:07 am

THEY CALL ME BRUCE

How about some cinematic stringcheese from '87?

ENEMY TERRITORY
An insurance salesman gets trapped in a tenament terrorized by a streetgang called "The Vampires." Featuring Ray Parker, Jr. as "Jackson."  Directed by stuntman Peter Manoogian, who also directed "Dungeonmaster," 1985.

MADE IN HEAVEN
A love story set literally in heaven.  Question will they make it back to earth before it's "too late," or some sh*t.
Timothy Hutton, Kelly McGillis, Maureen Stapleton, and a role for Anne Wedgworth, who everybody remembers as the sultry "Lana" on "Three's Company."  Made me wanna fwo up!

PROJECT X
A military recruit is given the job of looking after some top secret chimpanzees.  Features Matthew Broderick, Helen Hunt, and a whole troop of chimps!  No fictional movie with more than four primates in it has ever been any good.  My rules, I make 'em up!

WHO'S THAT GIRL?
It's not Marlo Thomas this time, it's Madonna.  Wild girl comes into yuppie's life and turns it upside down.  Madonna was called "Nikki Finn."  This was a reprise, perhaps, of Griffin Dunne's role in Martin Scorcese's "After Hours," which is a great movie.  This was a familiar '80s theme--"Something Wild," "Desperately Seeking Susan," and so forth.

HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS
Bigfoot for the 'burbs.  John Lithgow, M. Emmett Walsh---uh oh, run for your life!
:P
8)      :D I REALLY liked Harry and the Hendersons!!!...I really like the idea of a friendly Bigfoot....OOHH Trivia...did you guys know thw same guy that played "Predetor"..played "Harry" as well...I saw Bigfoot once near Chattanooga....Swear to GOD....If you want to know details...E-Me...It was Incredible!!...NO LIE

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/11/05 at 1:03 am

How about Psycho 3? ;D
  Oh yes... really reallybad,  Poor NORMAN.. It was like a bad dream that movie, I still watch it on TBS or TNT and it makes me laugh :D ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/11/05 at 10:34 am

Would Speed Zone from 1989 (a Cannonball Run-ish silly comedy) count as "cheesy"? ;)

Written By: MERV SKILTON on 11/11/05 at 12:39 pm

I was a big fan of the PORKYS movies  :o ..anybody here remember the actual year they started?
:D PORKY'S  :o PORKY'S  :-* PORKY'S  :P PORKY'S  ::) PORKY'S  ;) PORKY'S  :) PORKY'S  :-[ PORKY'S  :o PORKY'S  8) PORKY'S  :-*PORKY'S

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 12:42 pm

i believe porky's was 1980. coulda been 81.

Written By: Class of 84 on 11/11/05 at 3:03 pm

16 candles?

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 3:06 pm

16 candles?

i thought sixteen candles was good! A great molly ringwald cheeseout movie was a real early road-warrior ripoff she was in -- something or other, adventures in the forbidden zone. I always liked molly; I think she got a bad rap. She had a real good ear for comedy, good joke delivery.

Written By: Class of 84 on 11/11/05 at 3:09 pm

i thought sixteen candles was good! A great molly ringwald cheeseout movie was a real early road-warrior ripoff she was in -- something or other, adventures in the forbidden zone. I always liked molly; I think she got a bad rap. She had a real good ear for comedy, good joke delivery.

Oh, I agree. Although I wouldn't classify it as "cheezy", when you watch those 80's movies now, they seem so.......cheezy? ::)

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 3:15 pm

Oh, I agree. Although I wouldn't classify it as "cheezy", when you watch those 80's movies now, they seem so.......cheezy? ::)

ima put 16 candles on my queue. What was that guy's name, john Hughes? Did some kinda wonderful, a couple other romantic comedies back in the day. her laugh-out-loud moment in that forbidden zone movie was, someone was making fun of her for being too young for all her road warrior antics, he sez, look at her, she's wet behind the ears! She's barely out of her diapers! Retorts she, I'm NOT wet behind the ears! and I'm NOT out of my diapers! And then she kinda does that trademark feckless molly expression, like what'd I just say? Good stuff. thank you! molly's here all week.

Written By: MERV SKILTON on 11/11/05 at 7:23 pm

i believe porky's was 1980. coulda been 81.

I'm sorry Tia, but that's just not good enough.. wots it gunna be '80 or '81?.. I'm a very busy man.. stop wasting my time with your unprofessional research.. I could have downed another can in this time.. get back to it.. happy hour is on ~ 10am to 11pm.. ;)
MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer  ;D Stop.. I can't catch you!

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 7:34 pm

I'm sorry Tia, but that's just not good enough.. wots it gunna be '80 or '81?.. I'm a very busy man.. stop wasting my time with your unprofessional research.. I could have downed another can in this time.. get back to it.. happy hour is on ~ 10am to 11pm.. ;)
MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer MORE BEER more beer  ;D Stop.. I can't catch you!

okay, ima change my answer. i believe it was seventy-twelve. er, four twenty. ah, eff it, where's my damn whiskey.

pretty sure it was the last century, but don't quote me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/05 at 10:14 pm

Porky's was 1982, but who gives a rip?

Written By: Tia on 11/12/05 at 11:18 am

so i was right! seventy-twelve!

Written By: MERV SKILTON on 11/12/05 at 3:52 pm

There's no need to get smart about it Maxwell! 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/12/05 at 7:41 pm

;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 12:10 pm

I never saw any of the Porky's movies.  Are they any good?

I do like that 1985 Dave Edmunds hit "High School Nights" which is from one of the Porky's films.. I believe Porky's Revenge

Written By: Tia on 11/13/05 at 12:21 pm

I do like that 1985 Dave Edmunds hit "High School Nights" which is from one of the Porky's films.. I believe Porky's Revenge

i'm not real big on em -- well, the first one, anyway, which is the only one i remember seeing. i thought it was sorta misogynist and vaguely racist and not very funny.

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 12:25 pm

i'm not real big on em -- well, the first one, anyway, which is the only one i remember seeing. i thought it was sorta misogynist and vaguely racist and not very funny.

They never really appealed to me.  I'd always heard they were pretty racey.  Not really my cup of tea.  I do however own the Porky's Video Game for the Atari 2600  ;D

http://www.atariguide.com/sss/mini-porkys.gif

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/13/05 at 6:54 pm

I never liked the Porky movies although I would have to say the 1st one was the best I Guess..... But it was cheesy :D

Subject: Fast Times

Written By: M.C. on 11/13/05 at 9:25 pm

Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Greatest cult classic of all time.  8)

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/15/05 at 11:30 pm

I loved the 80's! it was great being a kid then!.... these i wouldn't think of as cheesy but great classics... I had a lot of favorites as mentioned here.. Goonies will be a all time favorite...i had a question about this movie..Ihave seen it many times but i had seen two different ones. i mean parts in the movie..one which i have had seen at my cousin's house has a section of being before they get to the ship they are confronted by an octopuss...and data but something in it's mouth and i think it explodes or something...it had other different sections on that movie...and of course they say to the cops about the giant octopuss...the one i have on dvd and seen many times over doesn't have it and still at the end they still tell the cops about the giant octopuss!! which is correct?? ok enough of that..my FAVORITE movie is Labyrinth!! i loved it since i first eyed it in a movie rental place..they had it in the tv and the guy had to take it out so i could watch it at home! I had to get it on dvd. it sucks tho that it's not of the original cover... it still is great. my nephew gets mad at me cause i always want to watch it. he's 12. I can't forget to mention Dark Crystal.......that too kicks ass.....

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/15/05 at 11:58 pm

oh yeah i forgot...the "electric grandma"

Written By: Tia on 11/16/05 at 6:24 am

i remember seeing "dark crystal" in the theater when it came out. i liked that movie a lot too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/05 at 12:17 pm

i remember seeing "dark crystal" in the theater when it came out. i liked that movie a lot too.

I have it on video. I still think it is a great movie.

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/16/05 at 9:44 am

I loved the 80's! it was great being a kid then!.... these i wouldn't think of as cheesy but great classics... I had a lot of favorites as mentioned here.. Goonies will be a all time favorite...i had a question about this movie..Ihave seen it many times but i had seen two different ones. i mean parts in the movie..one which i have had seen at my cousin's house has a section of being before they get to the ship they are confronted by an octopuss...and data but something in it's mouth and i think it explodes or something...it had other different sections on that movie...and of course they say to the cops about the giant octopuss...the one i have on dvd and seen many times over doesn't have it and still at the end they still tell the cops about the giant octopuss!! which is correct?? ok enough of that..my FAVORITE movie is Labyrinth!! i loved it since i first eyed it in a movie rental place..they had it in the tv and the guy had to take it out so i could watch it at home! I had to get it on dvd. it sucks tho that it's not of the original cover... it still is great. my nephew gets mad at me cause i always want to watch it. he's 12. I can't forget to mention Dark Crystal.......that too kicks ass.....
  I totally agree with u, the 80" was a great time to be a kid.. the movies were just like I like em, SUPER CHEESE ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/16/05 at 10:06 am

Written By: whistledog on 12/16/05 at 10:14 am

I can remember back in 1984 when the movie "The Last Starfighter" was all the rage.  I saw it at the Drive-In LOL

By today's standards, it's considered very cheesy, but it's a movie which I still love :)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/17/05 at 2:36 am

Agreed. Well, I majorly got into movies when I was about 8 or 9 (1990), but alot of the ones I either saw on TV or asked my parents to rent at the video store, were 80's. So even if some were nearly a decade old by the time I discovered them, the time never felt far away.

P.S. I wonder if they were considered "cheesy" when they came out, or just as time passes (especially when those styles become uncool)?

Some of the so called "cheesy" movies are better than some of the hugely popular ones (UHF anyone?). ;)
  Oh I LOVE UHF!!!  So funny!! Cheese is good.  I call em cheesey cause thats what they were to me but u are so right, I would take any of these 80's movies to most of the newer movies out there... Remember Whos Harry Crumb and the 3 Amigos?  So funny... Shrimp on the Barbie was a good one too... Oh yes and anyone out there remember Maid to Order?

Subject: Re: WHAT WAS UR FAV CHEESY MOVIES FROM THE 80'

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/05 at 4:44 am

That was like the Muppets on a Psilocybin bender!

I just mentioned a movie that's definitely cheesy--because it tried so hard to be serious--"Reds."  It didn't look so much like a cinematic treatment of Jack Reed and Bolshevik sympathiser movement in America as much as a bunch of Hollywood buffoons trying to make such a film, and so certain they were Oscar bound!  I mean, Warren Beatty as Jack Reed?  Yeah, Beatty wrote it, directed it AND starred in it, the bimbo!  That would make any hardbitten commie atheist get religion and pray it's not so!  Even Jack Nicholson was grievously miscast as Eugene O'Neill.  It was more like Eugene O'Neill meets Jack Torrance.  And then you had documentary snippets of these old dudes who were actually "there," you know, commenting on the temper and mores of the time.  Like a ninety year old Henry Miller remarking:
""There was just as much vucking going on then as there is now, but now there's no heart, no love in it at all."
And actually, that was the best part of the movie and Miller appears within the first ten minutes of this three-hour drag. Yeah, Warren Beatty could get a three hour cut released because he's just fab, he's Warren Beatty!
OK, "Gandhi" was the same length, but Beatty is noooo Richard Attenborough!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-018.gif

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/17/05 at 6:21 am

Two movies from the 80s that I love but have a high cheeze content would be Valley Girl and The Legend of Billie Jean! :)

Written By: Ron on 12/17/05 at 6:38 pm

"Xanadu" - Fabulously Cheesy, poor Olivia never quite recovered after that movie!

Written By: Bratpac on 12/23/05 at 10:57 pm

I don't know if it was cheezy but I like Better of dead.  I just watched the Troll on tv and that was cheezy.  Had to watcdh some of it because I remembered differently then.

Written By: shinypants on 12/29/05 at 6:23 pm

"Can't Buy Me Love"
"Lucas" (not really cheese)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/30/05 at 1:22 am

"Can't Buy Me Love"
"Lucas" (not really cheese)

"Lucas" was definitely cheesy.  But it was also a good movie.  Too bad he doesn't come back with an Uzi and just mow down the entire football team and the coach, and that Mr. Nice Guy Charlie Sheen character, then kidnap the blonde into the hills where she bears seventeen children and they start a cannibalistic incestuous cult that wreaks horror upon the suburbs.  Heh heh!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/02/06 at 11:52 pm

Two movies from the 80s that I love but have a high cheeze content would be Valley Girl and The Legend of Billie Jean! :)
  Oh I loved Legend of Billy Jean... I forgot that movie!! It was a good one.. I liked Better off Dead too.... so cute and cheesy... I miss those movies.. Revenge of the Nerds is a classic too!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/06/06 at 12:23 am

Hey there all.. I just happen to be knee deep in CHEESE.. Cannonball 2 is on ... LOL.. greta cheesy fun! :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/06 at 12:25 am

Hey there all.. I just happen to be knee deep in CHEESE.. Cannonball 2 is on ... LOL.. greta cheesy fun! :D

Cannonball Run 2?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/07/06 at 12:09 am

Yes.. LOL.. Cannonball Run 2... I forgot the run part! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/06 at 1:57 pm

I just thought of another one: Stroker Ace. Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson. Yeah, it was cheesy but fun.

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/10/06 at 2:13 am

Oh yes, I liked Stroker Ace.. I had a big crush on Burt Reynolds when i was a kid.... What about The Best Lil Whorehouse In Texas.... Dom :D Deluise is so funny in that movie

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/06 at 12:54 pm

Thought of a few more:

Stay Tuned-with John Ritter and Pam Dawber
Amazon Women on the Moon-starring "A whole lot of people" (is what they say during the opening credits)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/16/06 at 12:56 pm

amazon women on the moon! i love the bit with steve guttenberg and what's her name, where she swipes his credit card and downloads his entire dating history.

and the son of the invisible man! "oo! you can't see me!"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/06 at 1:16 pm

amazon women on the moon! i love the bit with steve guttenberg and what's her name, where she swipes his credit card and downloads his entire dating history.

and the son of the invisible man! "oo! you can't see me!"

Rosanna Arquette

Yeah, the Invisible Man was funny.

But my fav is "Blacks without soul".

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/16/06 at 1:28 pm

Jeremiah was a bullfrog!

I wonder how many takes they had to do of that before the crew stopped laughing. Yeah, that's priceless.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/06 at 1:32 pm

Jeremiah was a bullfrog!

I wonder how many takes they had to do of that before the crew stopped laughing. Yeah, that's priceless.

David Alan Grier did that so great.

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/17/06 at 2:38 am

David Alan Grier did that so great.

Cat
  I agree,  he was so funny :)

Written By: woops on 01/17/06 at 3:51 am

I found "One Crazy Summer" from a dollar store and liked it  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/06 at 3:36 pm

I'm not too sure if Caveman has been mentioned yet (and I'm too lazy to go looking through this entire thread to find out).  If I am repeating it, my apologizes.

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/17/06 at 11:37 pm

I found "One Crazy Summer" from a dollar store and liked it  :D
  I loved that movie... i cant beleive u found it at a dollar store... AWESOME

Written By: Steve on 01/18/06 at 9:55 am

Does anyone remember a really bad B movie from the Horror genre called "The Boogens"

Or how about "Timebandits", "Under the Rainbow".  Nothing like using the "little people" for entertainment.  Not exactly PC. 8)

Written By: Steve on 01/18/06 at 10:04 am

My Science Project: Punks find a time machine in an Airplane graveyard and enter it into the Science Fair

The Manhatten Project: (with John Lithgow) Kid makes a nuclear bomb as a science project. 8)

The Journey of Natty Gann (maybe late 70's)

Top Gun

Crocodile Dundee

Cobra

and we first met Clark W. Griswold on his way to Wally World in National Lampoon's Vacation.

Written By: Steve on 01/18/06 at 10:10 am

Has anyone mentioned

Modern Problems:  Chevy Chase gets telekinetic powers after getting splashed with nuclear waste while driving home.

8)

Written By: Steve on 01/18/06 at 10:48 am

Remember the 3-D revolution in the mid '80s

Friday the 13th part 3D

Jaws 3D

Amityville 3-D

Written By: Stevie on 01/18/06 at 11:32 am

Ive got the cheesiest of Cheesy movies of all time.

976-Evil

Fright Night

Eric the Viking

Written By: Stevie on 01/18/06 at 11:41 am

Super Cheese alert. 

The Boogens  (monsters look like the dragon babies out of DragonSlayer)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/18/06 at 11:59 am

I loved

Real Genius (1985)
Top Secret! (1984)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/06 at 12:52 pm

976-Evil

Fright Night

Eric the Viking

Eric the Viking-as they were "singing" "Ta te ta to...etc" whatever it was.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/18/06 at 4:35 pm

976-Evil

Fright Night

Eric the Viking

976- Evil and Fright Night were Awesome... i love those movies

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/18/06 at 7:13 pm

"Real Genius"
"Revenge of the Nerds"
"Grandview USA"

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/18/06 at 7:18 pm

"Halloween 3"...and that silly commercial in that movie...Yes that movie scared me first time I saw it, but it seems pretty silly compared to today's horror stuff.

Written By: stingr22 on 01/18/06 at 11:15 pm

American Anthem

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 11:16 pm

American Anthem

It's funny that you mention that movie.  I've been listening to it's soundtrack hit "Take it Easy" by Andy Taylor like all day  ;D

Written By: Banks on 01/19/06 at 6:45 am

Better Off Dead was a great movie, and so funny, even today it makes me lauugh, especially the guy trying to 'snort' the snow on the top of the local mountain.

Ive not read the entire thread, so Im probably going to repeat some movies right now:

Sixteen Candles

The Breakfast Club

Mac And Me

Short Circut (1 & 2)

The Outsiders

Grease 2

The Karate Kid (1,2 &3)

The Return Of The Living Dead (I watched this expecting it to be an official continuation of George Romero's Zombie movies...It wasnt).

C.H.U.D

The Gate

There were others, but that'll do me for now.

AN

Written By: Banks on 01/19/06 at 6:54 am

I forgot one...

The Clash Of The Titans

I loved, and still to love, Ray Harryhousen's (Sp?) special effects, especially in this...Pegasus, Madusa etc....Great movie.

AN

Written By: Tia on 01/19/06 at 11:56 am

i seem to remember CotTs coming out the same weekend as raiders of the lost ark. bit of bad luck, that.

Written By: KKay on 01/19/06 at 12:14 pm

Just one of the guys---the girl dresses like a boy to write for the school paper.
the kid that played her brother was a mess- but he's cute now...I"ll go find his picture.

Subject: Fave Cheesy 80s Movie: 'Nobody's Perfect'

Written By: Stacy_80s on 01/19/06 at 1:29 pm

'Nobody's Perfect' with poor little Chad Lowe.
Hey, little buddy - work on that marriage! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/06 at 3:15 pm

Making Mr. Right. I wonder if anyone even remembers that one.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 01/19/06 at 3:20 pm

Cat

My husband Looooves that movie!
what's that robot one? with ally sheedy? he loves that too.
and Vampires Kiss.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/06 at 3:23 pm

My husband Looooves that movie!
what's that robot one? with ally sheedy? he loves that too.
and Vampires Kiss.

I don't recall Ally Sheedy being in it but "Mr. Right" was in fact a robot.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/06 at 3:29 pm

Cat

I remember that one.  John Malkovich right?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/06 at 3:39 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Tia on 01/23/06 at 8:48 am

wasn't that bill pullman, mr. right? that was pretty funny.

i thought it might have actually been the 90s?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/24/06 at 1:45 am

just found Outrageous Fortune on Vhs at a budget store.. I loved George Carlin in that movie < HEs the best!>  that movie was super cheese!

Written By: gmann on 01/28/06 at 12:14 pm

Dunno if it's been nominated for cheese status yet, but I would like to offer 1989's "Young Einstein", starring Yahoo Serious. It wasn't all that bad, but definitely bizarre; in the film, Albert Einstein is from Tasmania.  ???   

Written By: Abix on 01/28/06 at 4:32 pm

I had a few..
About Last Night
Last American Virgin
Beaches
St. Elmo's Fire
Rocky 3 (not sure if this counts as cheesy...but I loved this movie.)

Written By: martydangs on 01/29/06 at 5:15 pm

favorite movie of all time includeing today is valley girl, also loved last american virgin, turned me on to u2, hot dog,  meatballs  might have been late seventies

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/30/06 at 3:40 am

I had a few..
About Last Night
Last American Virgin
Beaches
St. Elmo's Fire
Rocky 3 (not sure if this counts as cheesy...but I loved this movie.)
  BEACHES  yucko... super cheese < I still cried at the end though> :\'(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/14/06 at 4:09 am

I saw that movie "They Live" in the t.v. guide the other day.  That was a pretty good cheesy movie imo.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/16/06 at 2:11 am

I saw that movie "They Live" in the t.v. guide the other day.  That was a pretty good cheesy movie imo.
  I saw that movie in the TV Guide too.... That was pretty chessy

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/22/06 at 2:29 am

i JUST HAD TO LEAVE A MESSAGE SINCE IM KNEE DEEP IN CHEESE. JUST ONE OF THE GUYS IS ON RIGHT NOW... SO FUNNY! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...