inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vinyl-fanatic

Written By: OliverDK on 09/08/05 at 9:47 pm

I was stupid enough to sell all my records when the CD came out, but in 2000 I did exactly the opposite and today my music collection is almost 100% vinyl - I do have some mp3s but no CDs at all - and I was just wondering if there's any other vinyl-fanatics here, it would be nice to get some new friends who share my love of vinyl records.

Subject: Re: Vinyl-fanatic

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/08/05 at 10:21 pm

;D  Hey Retro!  I would give ANYTHING to have mine back...I still had my Pioneer Stereo about ten yrs ago...then someone stole it...Can you believe that?? I still had about 4 Crates..( We had this music store here in Memphis in the 80s called " Peaches" it was where EV bought there records!!..anyway.. you could buy these wooden crates with the Peaches LOGO on the side and they were stackable.....Mine were full...I had it all...Some of the first 70s albumns even ..Damn.and 60s that were my parents...Joplin ,Hendrix,Creedence, First KISS, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Doors, Of COURSE LED ZEP AND ACDC, Stones, Beatles White Albumn, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many more...Metal..Soft rock, POP, all STOLEN...I was heartbroken!! Still am...I was gonna keep those FOREVER!!!  :\'(

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/08/05 at 10:37 pm

I was stupid enough to sell all my records when the CD came out, but in 2000 I did exactly the opposite and today my music collection is almost 100% vinyl - I do have some mp3s but no CDs at all - and I was just wondering if there's any other vinyl-fanatics here, it would be nice to get some new friends who share my love of vinyl records.

did someone say records? :D 8)

Written By: OliverDK on 09/08/05 at 11:51 pm

Best I ever found:  Still sealed in the wrapper, a UK import of the 1985 Double Record 12" of It's Called A Heart/Fly on a Windscreen by Depeche Mode.  It was only $1  :o

My best find so far wasn't from the 80s though, I got the triple album from Woodstock '69 for only 150,- DKK (Around $4) and it didn't have a single scratch, I doubt it's ever been played before I got it.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/09/05 at 12:34 am

;D Retro thats awesome...to me Woodstock would be the best thing EVER...My Parents were there... I Have the 20th comm. tshirt...That is the best!!

Check for new replies or respond here...