inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone like the show Night Court?

Written By: iluvthe80s on 09/09/05 at 8:14 am

I used to watch this show on Wednesday nights in the late 80's and have started getting into it again now that it's airing on
TV Land.  My favorite character is Richard Moll's Bull Shannon - he's like this gentle giant.  :)

Subject: Re: Anyone like the show Night Court?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/09/05 at 9:22 am

My favorite charecter was the sleazy lawyer, Dan Fielding.  ;D

I loved how he kept hitting on Christine, and she kept turning him down!  ;D

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/11/06 at 12:55 am

Some of my favourite characters on the show were the recurring ones like Brent Spiner of Star Trek TNG who had a recurring role as a hick standing trial

Or Yakov Smirnoff always calling Harry "Judge Harry" LOL

Hillybilly wannabe Brent Spiner's character explaining to Judge Stone why they were Yugoslavians pretending to be from West Virginia:

- "It was the first exotic place that popped into my head "!-

Or his wife saying:

"As my uncle Tito once said- It's always darkest before the dawn"

And Brent Spinner adding: "Uncle Tito burned out his retna looking at the sunrise".  ::) :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/06 at 1:46 pm

I think Brent Spinner is one of the most underrated actors around. The guy is FABULOUS. He can do so many different characters and you have to remind yourself that it is in fact the same person.

Ok, now about Night Court. It is hard to say which one was my favorite character. They were all zany. I have always like Harry. Dan was the perfect sleazoid. Mac was cool. Bull was so sweet (if not stupid). Roz was cool. Lizette was a bit over the top. And Christine just drove me crazy. She was a bit too goody-goody. A few episodes that were my favorite are the one where Bull got married, a Holloween one where a "ghost" wanted justice, and the one with the guy who had a rare disease where he was like a turtle-VERY slow (and Dan wanted to get out of there). The guy even looked like a turtle.

Cat

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/11/06 at 2:01 pm

To be totally honest, I don't like it all that much.

Check for new replies or respond here...