inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wine Coolers...

Written By: oingo_fan on 09/11/05 at 2:45 am

Just thinking back, MAN did me and friends tear though those things :D.  At the time I didn't like beer (oh my god, the stupidity of youth!) and hard liquor turned my stomach (still does, actually).  California Coolers were sooo popular back in the summer of '86,  seems all there was at one time were rows and rows and rows of the big 2-liter bottles in the local grocery store's beer/wine isle.  Besides California Coolers (orange and green bottles come to mind) and Bartles and Jaymes what were some of the other popular brands?

Subject: Re: Wine Coolers...

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/11/05 at 5:24 pm

MMMM California Coolers. I was only 16 when these came out. I use to guzzle them with my friends in a back house ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/11/05 at 7:31 pm

:D Didnt drink coolers a whole lot BUT..these were kinda like that ....just in a bigger bottle..anyone ever drink Malt Duck..Boones Farm???  LOL...we had this one store in our area that would sell to ANYONE and thats what we always bought before we got of age!!...Before that...Ladies...did you ever sit in the parking lot and ask some 20-something dude to buy you beer or Liquer?? Onetime my best friend at the time asked some OLD dude..around 70 at the time to buy us some beer and he said as long as she kissed him..She did it..but not a FRENCHY...LOL...he was sooo thrilled...LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/19/05 at 12:26 pm

Strawbeery boones Farm and California Cololers? Wow that takes me back. I used to drink both  :D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/05 at 12:51 pm

I used to drink them all the time. Now, I can't because there is just too much sugar in them.

"Thank you for your support"

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...