inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "After These Messages, We'll Be Right Back"

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/05 at 7:13 pm

Anyone remember those Bumpers on ABC Saturday Mornings where Claymation characters would inform us "After these messages, we'll be right back"?

http://www.geocities.com/whistlejdog/Frame21.jpeg

Click here to watch a montage of all 5 all of them  8)

That link is not streaming, so if you want, right click and "save target as" to save them to your computer so you can watch 'em whenever you want :)

Subject: Re: "After These Messages, We'll Be Right Back"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/12/05 at 7:24 pm

Coooooooooool!  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/12/05 at 10:13 pm

Ya, I remember those...epecially the cowboy one.  It's funny how something so small can trigger so many fond memories, huh?

Erin :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/12/05 at 10:14 pm

i used that expression the other night at work  ;D..Jason,count on you for some cool retro threads..i pretty much know they're yours by the titles these days

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/05 at 2:19 pm

Ya, I remember those...epecially the cowboy one.  It's funny how something so small can trigger so many fond memories, huh?

Erin :)

I know what you mean.  These bumpers were only like 5 seconds long, but they were a big part of my childhood.  lol

i used that expression the other night at work ;D..Jason,count on you for some cool retro threads..i pretty much know they're yours by the titles these days

I love doing the retro threads.  I love that feeling of seing shows or hearing songs i haven't seen/heard in a long time.  Others should have that feeling :)

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 09/14/05 at 2:37 pm

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! I was just thinking about that yestarday!!!!OMG i got it on a VHS full of cartoons from '88!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/14/05 at 5:25 pm

Most definetely! I LOVED waking up every Saturday morning to watch my fave cartoons in the 80's and early 90's. Those "After these messages..." were so imbedded into me everytime I'd watch the cartoons and the "After these messages.." came on, I use to get tired of the ones they'd use over and over again.. or I'd get upset when it would come on and I'd have to wait for my show to come back..

Written By: star500 on 09/16/05 at 9:05 pm

Oh my God! I thought I was only one that remembered that! I used to love those little shorts...although when I saw them it was in the '90s not the '80s but I remember the cowboy one  They were always claymation if I remember right. Wow, whoever posted this just brought back some fond memories. I wish I recorded those little shorts when I was a kid. :)

Written By: kairi747 on 09/23/05 at 8:27 am

yes!  as a matter of fact, as i read the subject, the tune popped right into my head!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/07/06 at 11:52 pm

Oh, I remember those!!! Those bring back some great memories, Jason! :)

Written By: nally on 04/07/06 at 11:55 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Webstor on 04/08/06 at 11:21 am

Absolutely......Those were great!

Thanks for posting those.....

brings back good memories

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/08/06 at 6:18 pm

YES, I do! I mean, I had forgotten about it... but I remember now that you posted that picture. Craziness. :D Thanks.

I used to be up at the crack of dawn every Saturday morning, knowing exactly what I was going to watch and in what specific order. I loved Saturday morning cartoons.

Written By: annonymouse on 04/09/06 at 2:08 am

kinda addicting, i can't stop watching them

Written By: Caleson on 09/03/06 at 9:37 pm

There are more versions than those five. Last night, I came across an old VHS tape at my grandparents' and it had another one with the cowboy.  In this one, he jumped out of a small guitar case and began singing in a slightly higher tone.  It gets cut off though, so I don't have the entire piece.  If anyone has these on VHS or knows where I could purchase them, I'd be very happy to be notified.

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/06 at 11:34 pm

I forgot about this thread.  The link to the clip was broken, so I replaced it with a YouTube link to the video :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/06 at 11:36 pm

There are more versions than those five. Last night, I came across an old VHS tape at my grandparents' and it had another one with the cowboy.  In this one, he jumped out of a small guitar case and began singing in a slightly higher tone.  It gets cut off though, so I don't have the entire piece.  If anyone has these on VHS or knows where I could purchase them, I'd be very happy to be notified.

I remember that one yes.  There were also various other different ones.  One that springs to mind was an aminated one where this kid named Wilby is taking out the garbage, and his mother calls "WILBY!!" and in a sighing voice, he says "Right Back" ;D

Written By: nally on 09/03/06 at 11:42 pm

I forgot about this thread.  The link to the clip was broken, so I replaced it with a YouTube link to the video :)

I kinda forgot about it too! Yeah, those links can get outdated rather quickly.

Written By: nally on 09/03/06 at 11:45 pm

I remember that one yes.  There were also various other different ones.  One that springs to mind was an aminated one where this kid named Wilby is taking out the garbage, and his mother calls "WILBY!!" and in a sighing voice, he says "Right Back" ;D

LOL! ;D Another possible name for the "Funny Names - Simpson's Style" thread? Wilby Wrightback?

Btw...wasn't Wilby the name of one of the characters in the old "Shaggy Dog" movie? He was the human who kept turning into a dog.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/04/06 at 12:21 am

I remember those too. I'm too young to really remember seeing them from the '80s, but since ABC still used those bumpers on there cartoons in the early '90s, I remember them well.

Check for new replies or respond here...