inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster

Written By: darkblue on 09/14/05 at 9:08 am

it's the headline from 1986 the sun tabloid.what was the article about? ???

Subject: Re: Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster

Written By: karen on 09/14/05 at 9:29 am

That at a party Freddie Starr ate someone's hamster.  Was it in The Sun or The Sport?

Written By: darkblue on 09/14/05 at 12:11 pm

the sun and even at queen's live at wembley in 1986 john deacon had it on his t-shirt.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/05 at 1:13 pm

That at a party Freddie Starr ate someone's hamster.  Was it in The Sun or The Sport?
It was The Sun.

Written By: cables on 09/16/05 at 12:08 pm

it's the headline from 1986 the sun tabloid.what was the article about? ???

Yes, it was The Sun, which had a reputation for publishing whatever stories their hacks bothered to make up (you'll notice I said "had" - if I said "have" they could sue me for defamation!). A classic example was when they said Elton John's dogs had had their vocal cords cut so prowlers couldn't hear them coming.

But my main reason for butting in on this thread is to name drop - I once met Freddie Starr. On holiday with my parents in the early 70s we went to see him on stage. At the time I couldn't be separated from my Everton Football Club hat (no laughing after last night's result) and when we saw Freddie in the foyer in the interval he remarked on my good taste (he's well known for being an Evertonian as well).

Check for new replies or respond here...