inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sugar sack shorts

Written By: kimberly_d_30 on 09/14/05 at 2:05 pm

Does anybody remember Sugar sack shorts that came out for a short phase in the mid 80's? This has been driving me nuts trying to figure out who made them or where they came from????????????? A friend of mine and I actually bought a whole bunch when we were in highschool and resold them for a large profit.javascript:void(0);
Grin

Subject: Re: sugar sack shorts

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/05 at 2:12 pm

I don't believe I've heard of these before?  What did they look like?

Written By: kimberly on 09/14/05 at 3:08 pm

They were made from sugar sack looking material,  even had a sugar sack logo on one leg near the bottom... kind of loose cargo style that went down just below your knees...they had a draw string and were very comfortable.

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/05 at 10:17 pm

man, they sure do sound uncomfortable

Written By: Jim sparks on 07/17/10 at 3:15 am

I realize this is a really old post but think I'll try a reply anyway.

Indeed I remember sugar sack shorts and had just one pair in the late 80's. I got mine from a Levi's store in St. louis. They were Budweiser logo shorts... Light tan,big red lettering and just as you described. Drawstring,just below the knee, sugar sack logo on one leg near the knee. They were the most comfortable and lightweight pair of shorts and I've never had anything like them since. And, I can't find any references to them on the net.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/10 at 12:12 am

I don't really like a brand of shorts that refers directly to my junk!
:-[

(That's what the ladies call me!)

Written By: aquarius vintage on 06/08/11 at 2:32 pm

i have access to a warehouse full of clothing from the 1960-80's. i have just picked up several pairs of sugar sack shorts. they were made in british columbia, canada under the name 'sweet sacks'. if you are interested, email me and i can send pics.

Written By: Jen on 12/07/11 at 3:35 pm

I'm trying to get some of these sugar sack shorts if any body has please email me

Written By: c. on 07/25/12 at 8:06 am

i have access to a warehouse full of clothing from the 1960-80's. i have just picked up several pairs of sugar sack shorts. they were made in british columbia, canada under the name 'sweet sacks'. if you are interested, email me and i can send pics.

I was wondering if you still had access to the sugar/flour sack shorts.  If so, please email me as you have no email address showing.  Send the email to registrations@mountaingraphics.ca

Thanks

Written By: SugarSacksSearcher on 06/15/13 at 7:41 am

Gladly I would... but how do I email ya? :(

Check for new replies or respond here...