inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s Canadian Music

Written By: Yankovic-Gretzky on 09/18/05 at 4:45 pm

Someone please tell me which artist and which song each of the following lyrics belong to:

1. You'll still be there acting like you should be, but still there will never be another rainy day

2. You may like me, you may not, you may tell me things that I forgot.  What am I gonna do with these hands, what am I gona do

3. I be you, you be me. Together we can try to ______ each others lives.  Together we can be, together we can be

Subject: Re: 80s Canadian Music

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/05 at 5:31 pm

Someone please tell me which artist and which song each of the following lyrics belong to:

1. You'll still be there acting like you should be, but still there will never be another rainy day

2. You may like me, you may not, you may tell me things that I forgot.  What am I gonna do with these hands, what am I gona do

3. I be you, you be me. Together we can try to ______ each others lives.  Together we can be, together we can be

I am almost certain that #2 is the 1989 hit 'What am I Gonna Do With These Hands' by Andrew Cash.  I haven't heard that song in many years, but thanks for reminding me of it :)

http://www.coolforever.com/temp/andrewcash_whatamigonnado_cassette.jpg

Written By: Yankovic-Gretzky on 09/18/05 at 5:43 pm

Is he Canadian?  Was it only released in Canada?  Any relation to Johnny Cash?

Written By: Yankovic-Gretzky on 09/18/05 at 5:52 pm

I am almost certain that #2 is the 1989 hit 'What am I Gonna Do With These Hands' by Andrew Cash.  I haven't heard that song in many years, but thanks for reminding me of it :)

http://www.coolforever.com/temp/andrewcash_whatamigonnado_cassette.jpg

Thank you, I found it.

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/05 at 7:37 pm

Is he Canadian?  Was it only released in Canada?  Any relation to Johnny Cash?

Andrew Cash was Canadian (no relation to Johnny, June Carter or Roseanne Cash LOL).  I know he had three hit albums:  Time and Place (1988), Boomtown (1989) and Hi (1993), but I don't know how successful (or if they were successful) outside of Canada

Check for new replies or respond here...