inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Airplane!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/20/05 at 9:52 pm

One of my favorite films, it's really funny!

I also love the scene were the Hare Krishna gets knocked out, and the passengers take turns trying to "calm down"  another passenger.  ;D

Captain Oveur: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Reporter: What kind of plane is it?
Johnny: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripes, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol.

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Subject: Re: Airplane!

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/05 at 9:57 pm

I loved the scene where the woman is all upset, so the cabin crew and passengers take turns shaking her and slapping her  ;D

In the sequel, that same woman is on the witness stands in court and she gets all upset, so the lawyers take turns shaking her and slapping her  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/21/05 at 9:25 am

Part two is ok, but it's not as good as  part one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/05 at 10:22 am

I love "June Cleaver" speaking Jive. And the subtitles when the guy says "sh**" the subtitles says, "Golly." I also like, "Surly you can't be serious." "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley." There is also when some guy says "Striker" and another guys belts a woman.

Cat

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/22/05 at 10:32 am

I loved the scene where the woman is all upset, so the cabin crew and passengers take turns shaking her and slapping her  ;D

In the sequel, that same woman is on the witness stands in court and she gets all upset, so the lawyers take turns shaking her and slapping her  ;D

It's alright. ;D

Let the court handle this. ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/22/05 at 10:34 am

I love "June Cleaver" speaking Jive. And the subtitles when the guy says "sh**" the subtitles says, "Golly." I also like, "Surly you can't be serious." "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley." There is also when some guy says "Striker" and another guys belts a woman.

Cat

Cut me slack jack. Got no brains anyhow. ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/22/05 at 10:38 am

Airplane always makes me laugh.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/22/05 at 7:49 pm

What about the scene where there's a husband and wife (with a child) sitting, and everytime the waitress asks if the husband wants something and he says yes, the wife thinks to herself and the voiceover says something like "____ (i can't remember the guys name) never does that at home?"
I'm probably ruining it, but it was funny from what I can remember.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/23/05 at 6:14 am

What about the scene where there's a husband and wife (with a child) sitting, and everytime the waitress asks if the husband wants something and he says yes, the wife thinks to herself and the voiceover says something like "____ (i can't remember the guys name) never does that at home?"
I'm probably ruining it, but it was funny from what I can remember.

Would you like another cup of coffee? I will but Jim won't. I think I will have another cup. That's funny Jim never has a 2nd cup of coffee at home. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/23/05 at 5:31 pm

Would you like another cup of coffee? I will but Jim won't. I think I will have another cup. That's funny Jim never has a 2nd cup of coffee at home. ;D

Exactly! That just was really funny to me, lol  ;D

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 09/25/05 at 7:18 pm

Just a heads up for all of you "Airplane!" fans out there:  there is a new Special Edition DVD coming out on November 15th called "Airplane! 'Don't Call Me Shirley' Edition".

Written By: drewbru on 09/26/05 at 2:29 pm

Just a heads up for all of you "Airplane!" fans out there:  there is a new Special Edition DVD coming out on November 15th called "Airplane! 'Don't Call Me Shirley' Edition".

Thanks for the heads up!  I'm definitely going to be adding this to my Christmas wish list this year.

It's so rare to find a comedy that can still inspire laughter after more than 20 years.  I love the scene where the two brothers are talking "jive", and the movie uses subtitles to translate.

Check for new replies or respond here...