inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s theme

Written By: Samantha on 09/21/05 at 12:55 pm

Having a 80's themed new years eve party...need some ideas from people who grew up in the 80's...any thoughts?

Subject: Re: 80s theme

Written By: bj26 on 09/21/05 at 2:23 pm

Early 80s music was distinctly different from late 80s, I suggest having a theme of like taking a trip through the 80s, from punk/new wave to techno dance/hair groups.  You can do a lot with that theme, maybe change your clothes and look as you progress through the decade along with the music, sounds like fun!

Written By: OliverDK on 09/23/05 at 2:37 am

We had a 70s party in my senior year, and following my mother's suggestion we watched movies like "Hair" and "Saturday Night Fever" for ideas, my suggestion is that you check out movies like "Purple Rain" for ideas, it might not cover the entire decade, but it should give you something to work with.

Written By: Racer X on 11/11/05 at 8:08 pm

Just browsing this topic and thought i would give a few suggestions.  How about digging up some old 80's games to play and showing movies?  Have everyone bring a old photo and give away a 80's theme prize to the person with the wildest photo?  There are a alot of things that could be done, just thought i would throw in my 2 cents. 

Good Luck

Written By: nycmystery on 11/11/05 at 8:50 pm

something i surely wouldnt recomend but that was at every 80s party was nose candy...unfortunatley that was  one of the bad things about the 80s

Check for new replies or respond here...