inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John Belushi Tribute Song

Written By: Boogaloo Shrimp on 09/24/05 at 6:15 pm

Anyone know the song that was a tribute to Belushi ??? I think it was sung by his wife. I saw it on MTV after he died....showed a collage of his life. Haven't heard it since then. Reminds me of a friend that was killed in accident that year. Please help!!!

Subject: Re: John Belushi Tribute Song

Written By: jkrumm on 10/04/05 at 9:55 am

Anyone know the song that was a tribute to Belushi ??? I think it was sung by his wife. I saw it on MTV after he died....showed a collage of his life. Haven't heard it since then. Reminds me of a friend that was killed in accident that year. Please help!!!

I was looking for the same song when I found your post. All I can remember is it went something like "GONE GONE GONE, LIKE THE WIND"
I always thought they played it at the end of a movie on HBO right before intermission for the nex movie. Boy that was the early 80's
if you find the song email me. jkrumm1025@aol.com

Written By: drewbru on 10/04/05 at 9:59 am

I was looking for the same song when I found your post. All I can remember is it went something like "GONE GONE GONE, LIKE THE WIND"
I always thought they played it at the end of a movie on HBO right before intermission for the nex movie. Boy that was the early 80's

I vaguely remember this song as well, but haven't heard it since it originally aired.  Need to do a Google search in this one...

Written By: Boogaloo Shrimp on 10/10/05 at 2:45 pm

I don't know about the HBO thing, but I do know it also went "It's you......long distance calling." Thought it was called Long Distance Calling, but found nothing on Yahoo search. Will let u know if find anything.

Written By: sam hall on 12/10/11 at 3:36 pm

Here.  http://www.thestevervault.com/blog/tag/john-jim-belushi/

Written By: David Travasos on 06/24/12 at 9:03 pm

Title = (perhaps) Long Distance Calling, or It's Me, LDC: Hook = " I think of you when leaves are fallin', It's me! Long distance ca............lling" Beautiful! Can't find it either. Maybe litigation. :-\\

Written By: Schaun Wagner on 07/31/13 at 1:01 pm

The song is "West Heaven", produced by his wife, written and sung by someone else, ah, someone Coullet.
Aired first? SNL Series 8, Episode 13.  I'm still looking.  If any of you found it, please please share.

"That home in West Heaven, where the outlaws never die.
They ride into the sunset, see'um turn and wave goodbye.
I know your spi-rit is some where run-in free.
Some day, my soul - will see."

Check for new replies or respond here...