inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VH1 I Love the '80's: 3-D... third installment of the nostalgia special

Written By: Ashley Tisdale's A Cutie on 09/25/05 at 5:59 am

Anything they left out?

Only if they have a VH1 Classic weekend before the premiere and better bring back Michael Ian Black and NOBODY from "Best Week Ever" aka "I Love Last Week of this Year"  :)

October 24 to 28th  8)

Topics I think they'll cover this time around

1980: ?

1981: ?

1982: ?

1983: debut of Disney Channel and Epcot at Walt Disney World (I think)

1984: The first VMAs

1985: "Legend of Billie Jean"

1986: New MTV VJs (the second wave, heard from an MTV special a few years ago)

1987: MTV Week In Rock, Club MTV,  Muppet Babies

1988: "License to Drive", Count Duckula, Calvin Klien "Obsession" commercial, My Two Dads

1989: "Electric Youth" perfume, "Steel Magnolias", "UHF"

Stuff that I'm not sure what year they belong: Spuds McKenzie, Popples, Electric Slide, Crash Test Dummies, and popularity of freestyle music

Any more?

Subject: Re: VH1 I Love the '80's: 3-D... third installment of the nostalgia special

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/27/05 at 12:38 am

there doing another installment?  When will it air>?

Subject: Re: VH1 I Love the '80's: 3-D... third installment of the nostalgia special

Written By: woops on 09/27/05 at 3:38 am

October 24 to 28th  8)

Week before Halloween

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/05 at 3:48 am

I hope they alter the formula.  There's only so many times you can watch Mo Rocca make a joke about the Rubiks Cube.

Written By: TC1970 on 09/27/05 at 6:22 am

I hope they alter the formula.  There's only so many times you can watch Mo Rocca make a joke about the Rubiks Cube.

I like the formula but I can't stand Mo Rocca. He is as annoying as Gilbert Gottfried :P

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/27/05 at 6:44 am

^ Gilbert Godfried (AND his voice) is so annoying and obnoxious that he's (sort of) funny. ;D

I agree though. Actually my favorite "regular" from that series is Michael Ian Black from Ed.

I can't wait for this show. I always love all the 80's-related shows, especially the "I Love " ones. However, nothing beats the original I Love The 80's. Strikes Back was good, and I could tell they liked it, but I almost got the impression they were equally making fun of it, whereas they genuinely seemed to be a fan of the stuff they reviewed on the original series.

I'm sure this one will be good in any event, though. The concept of 3-D in itself is cool. That was a big thing at the time which seems to have disappeared now. 1982 and 1985 was more "futuristic" than 2005 in many respects! ;)

Written By: TC1970 on 09/27/05 at 6:58 am

I agree though. Actually my favorite "regular" from that series is Michael Ian Black from Ed.

I love his dry sense of humor. Although he was funnier the first time. :) Hal Sparks always cracks me up!  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/27/05 at 7:16 am

;D I love Hal Sparks...Id like to Slap MoRocca..LOL

Check for new replies or respond here...