inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Headbangers Ball

Written By: OliverDK on 09/27/05 at 1:04 am

Last night (Around 23:00hrs CET) I accidentally turned over to MTV Europe, and much to my surprise (And delight) it turned out that "Headbanger's Ball" had just begun, does anyone know if this was a one-off or if "Headbanger's Ball" is bad on the air.

Subject: Re: Headbangers Ball

Written By: woops on 09/27/05 at 3:18 am

Headbangers Ball is also in the US, on MTV2

Though it's mostly current thrash/speed metal, which isn't my cup of tea  :P

VH1 Classic, which I don't have..., airs "Metal Mania", which airs classic metal (heavy metal & glam rock) videos. 

Written By: TC1970 on 09/27/05 at 6:29 am

VH1 Classic, which I don't have..., airs "Metal Mania", which airs classic metal (heavy metal & glam rock) videos. 

I don't either. I can't see paying all that extra to get digital cable when all I want is  VH1 Classic.

It is frustrating that all these music channels show a crap load of hip hop, rap and RnB videos and their idea of hard rock/metal is Bon Jovi or Greenday.  >:( If I see that new Mariah Carey video one more time I am going to scream!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/28/05 at 1:30 am

I loved loved loved Headbangers Ball when i was younger... It was so much fun to stay up late at friends houses and watch. I watch Metal Mania on VH1 classic but its not the same!!! :\'(

Written By: OliverDK on 09/28/05 at 10:34 am

Ricki Rachtman rawked!  Was it an old HB or a newer one?  I used to love it :)

I think it was a new one, I seem to remember the host of "Headbanger's Ball" being this redheaded babe, no visible host on this one.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/01/05 at 12:09 am

Ricki Rachtman rawked!  Was it an old HB or a newer one?  I used to love it :)
  Ricki was a cheeseball but... He was great on that show... Remember LON Friend???????

Written By: richkeen22 on 10/01/05 at 7:06 am

havent seen a Headbanger's Ball before.. whew.. wish i was there..  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...