inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What '80s songs do you listen to along with today's 2005 songs or albums?

Written By: mindframe on 09/29/05 at 1:16 pm

Because we like to stay in the present in most cases, what '80s songs do you listen to sometimes along with today's 2005 songs or CDs?  Early or later part of the decade?

Subject: Re: What '80s songs do you listen to along with today's 2005 songs or albums?

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/29/05 at 6:36 pm

The entire decade. :)

Despite hearing many of these songs, like somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 gajillion times, I still get the same rush from them as I did 15-20 years ago.

My favorite part of the decade musically would be around 1984, so that's what I listen to the most I'd say. I've always preferred the earlier part of the 80's despite the fact that my memory centers much more on 1986 and up (I was born in late '81).

That said, I do pay attention to new bands coming out - though I tend to like more "scattershot" songs today as opposed to being a huge fan of individual bands or full albums. And, no matter what, I'll always listen to my 80's stuff till the day I'm dead.

^ I just hope people in the afterlife won't get sick of Huey Lewis when I join them. ;D

Subject: Re: What '80s songs do you listen to along with today's 2005 songs or albums?

Written By: drewbru on 10/01/05 at 10:16 pm

The entire decade. :)

Despite hearing many of these songs, like somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 gajillion times, I still get the same rush from them as I did 15-20 years ago.

My favorite part of the decade musically would be around 1984, so that's what I listen to the most I'd say. I've always preferred the earlier part of the 80's despite the fact that my memory centers much more on 1986 and up (I was born in late '81).

That said, I do pay attention to new bands coming out - though I tend to like more "scattershot" songs today as opposed to being a huge fan of individual bands or full albums. And, no matter what, I'll always listen to my 80's stuff till the day I'm dead.

^ I just hope people in the afterlife won't get sick of Huey Lewis when I join them. ;D

I also love 1984.  I enjoyed the entire 1980's, but 1984 was such a great year for me (both from pop culture, and personally).  As for 80's albums  Istill listen to regularly, I'd say:
- Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair
- U2 - Unforgettable Fire
- Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Arcadia - So Red the Rose
- Peter Gabriel - So
- Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
- The Police - Synchronicity

Please note that this does NOT include the many 80's mixtures I've made on CD's, which I also listen to regularly.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 10/02/05 at 12:28 pm

I still listen to all 80's.  I listen to that more that todays music  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/05 at 12:32 pm

I still listen to the Watermark, the early album of Enya.

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/05 at 12:37 pm

I still often listen to Propaganda's 1985 album A Secret Wish quite often :)

Written By: nondiva234 on 10/02/05 at 5:07 pm

I listen to the ENTIRE decade.

Check for new replies or respond here...