inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you remember this costume?

Written By: Shainie on 09/29/05 at 10:09 pm

A friend and I were talking about costumes we wore as kids, and I was trying to describe one that was popular when I was in elementary school.  It would have been around 1985 or so.  The main thing I remember was it had a big inflatable head - that sat on top of your head.  The body might have been inflatable too.  The colors black and purple come to mind, and it maybe could have been an alien?

Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?  TIA

Subject: Re: Do you remember this costume?

Written By: grethal on 11/30/05 at 7:28 am

Holy Cow! My husband and I were talking about these costumes last week. He had the Alien costume when he was a kid (some kids are sooooo spoiled). My sister and I wanted them too but my grandmother insisted on getting us those cheapo mask and plastic garbage bag gown costumes from Jamesway (Yoda, Fred Flintstone etc...)Do you know where I can find a picture of one of these inflatable head costumes?

grethal

Subject: Re: Do you remember this costume?

Written By: Acidpiss on 11/30/05 at 4:16 pm

I actually wore one of these for Halloween one year. I believe mine was green. Yeah, it had an inflatable head and face make-up that was the same color as the costume.

Can't remember what they were called either though.

Check for new replies or respond here...