inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cream Rinse vs. Hair Conditioner

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/05/05 at 2:29 am

When did they stop using Creme Rinse as a description and start using the term Hair Conditioner?
This has bothered me for awhile now.  :D

Subject: Re: Cream Rinse vs. Hair Conditioner

Written By: TC1970 on 10/05/05 at 6:23 am

Cream rinse is just a rinse. Helps remove tnagles where conditioner, rehydrates hair. :)

Written By: drewbru on 10/05/05 at 1:37 pm

When did they stop using Creme Rinse as a description and start using the term Hair Conditioner?
This has bothered me for awhile now.  :D

Wasn't there a commercial for hair products back in the 80's that Kelly LeBrock was in?  I can't remember the specific product, but at the end of the commercial, Kelly says:  "I don't know what's in it, but I love what it does for my hair!"  Am I hallucinating this?  Was it a fake commercial on SNL?

Written By: star500 on 10/05/05 at 2:01 pm

Wasn't there a commercial for hair products back in the 80's that Kelly LeBrock was in?  I can't remember the specific product, but at the end of the commercial, Kelly says:  "I don't know what's in it, but I love what it does for my hair!"  Am I hallucinating this?  Was it a fake commercial on SNL?

Nope you were not hallucinating this, it was Pantene that Kelly LeBrock did commercials for ;D She did this commercial in the year 1989 I believe. She was beautiful back then. She also said in the commercial, "don't hate me because I'm beautiful." I saw a link to this commerical on x-entertainment's website. The link was http://x-entertainment.com/downloads/commercials/pantene.html

Written By: drewbru on 10/05/05 at 2:20 pm

Nope you were not hallucinating this, it was Pantene that Kelly LeBrock did commercials for ;D She did this commercial in the year 1989 I believe. She was beautiful back then. She also said in the commercial, "don't hate me because I'm beautiful." I saw a link to this commerical on x-entertainment's website. The link was http://x-entertainment.com/downloads/commercials/pantene.html

Thanks for the link, Star500!  I'm downloading this commercial as I type.  Kelly LeBrock was gorgeous back then -- she was definitely in my "Top 10" list from the 80's.  Gotta envy Anthony Michael Hall for getting to co-star with her in "Weird Science".

Written By: star500 on 10/05/05 at 2:28 pm

Thanks for the link, Star500!  I'm downloading this commercial as I type.  Kelly LeBrock was gorgeous back then -- she was definitely in my "Top 10" list from the 80's.  Gotta envy Anthony Michael Hall for getting to co-star with her in "Weird Science".

You're welcome....always happy to help! :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/05/05 at 10:56 pm

LOL...I wanted to BE Kelly LeBrock...In an earlier post ..I shared the story of how I went out and got the outfit from the mall scene...I WAS smokin..LOL.... ::)

Written By: drewbru on 10/06/05 at 7:46 am

LOL...I wanted to BE Kelly LeBrock...In an earlier post ..I shared the story of how I went out and got the outfit from the mall scene...I WAS smokin..LOL.... ::)

You had the Kelly Lebrock outfit from the mall scene?  You must have been so hot that you set off the fire alarms wherever you went!  I'll bet that you had a troupe of teenage boys following you, mouths hanging open, like the Lebrock Pied Piper.  :D

Subject: Re: Creme Rinse vs. Conditioner

Written By: Yam Erez on 08/21/12 at 7:45 am

Creme rinse removes tangles. Conditioner, rehydrates hair. :)

Wrong. There is no such thing as rehydrating hair. What you put ON your hair has no effect on what's IN the follicle. "Conditioner" is simply some marketer back in the 1970s deciding that "creme rinse" sounded old-fashioned and it was time for a change. The actual ingredients remained the same. Wake up!

Check for new replies or respond here...