inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's the name of that 80's movie??!

Written By: Jessie on 10/07/05 at 10:38 am

Okay, this is driving me crazy.....I remember this movie from the 80's, it was an action movie, about a kid who had this action figure that could talk....and the both of them tried to stop some bad guys......I was really young, so I don't remember much. Sorry so vague, but does anyone have any idea what this movie is??  THAnks!!

Subject: Re: What's the name of that 80's movie??!

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/07/05 at 10:56 am

I believe that was Small Soldiers. With a cameo by Dennis Leary. The Gorgonites and the Commando Elites. Chip Hazard. I think It was Kirsten Dunst's first movie.1998

Written By: robby76 on 10/07/05 at 11:16 am

That's probably it. If not, it could also be "The Indian In The Cupboard"... this little toy red indian plastic figure comes to life in that too. Again this was a 1995 movie.

Written By: Mushroom on 10/07/05 at 5:30 pm

Well, "Small Soldiers" was from 1998, but I also can't think of an 80's movie that fits the description.  But even thought it is late 1990's, it does have a "1980's feel" about it.  Very much like other "kid oriented movies" of that era, like Goonies, Cloak And Dagger, and War Games.

An interesting piece of casting in this movie was the voices for the toys.

Most of the voices of the "Soldiers" were the surviving cast members of "The Dirty Dozen".

The voices of the Gorgonites are mostly the cast members of "Spinal Tap".

And the "Gwendy" dolls (Barbie knock-offs) were voiced by Sarah Michelle-Gellar and Christina Ricci.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/07/05 at 7:35 pm

That's the film.

Written By: Kenosha on 10/07/05 at 10:12 pm

I think It was Kirsten Dunst's first movie.1998

Her first movie was New York Stories in 1989.

Check for new replies or respond here...