inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MOVIE THIS IS???!!!

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/07/05 at 10:51 am

When I was little, I remember this anime cartoon movie that came on HBO. It was a sort of space/love story musical kind of thing. I know this isn't much to get a response out of any one but I really would love someone to help me figure this one out. Its real hokey, but one of the songs kinda went..."oh what will the answer be..." I think. I remember cars that could fly I think. If I recall correctly, It came out about the same time as The Fantastic Adventures of Unico: The Movie. The main character was a guitar player and carried a futuristic maybe purple guitar the whole movie. His girlfriend was the one singing the song I mentioned above. Thanks A bunch.

Subject: Re: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MOVIE THIS IS???!!!

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 11:02 am

When I was little, I remember this anime cartoon movie that came on HBO. It was a sort of space/love story musical kind of thing. I know this isn't much to get a response out of any one but I really would love someone to help me figure this one out. Its real hokey, but one of the songs kinda went..."oh what will the answer be..." I think. I remember cars that could fly I think. If I recall correctly, It came out about the same time as The Fantastic Adventures of Unico: The Movie. The main character was a guitar player and carried a futuristic maybe purple guitar the whole movie. His girlfriend was the one singing the song I mentioned above. Thanks A bunch.

Could it be "Galaxy Express"?  This was a Japanese anime that was ported to English.  I remember watching it on HBO in the very early 80's.  The main character was an orphan boy who was seeking revenge against an android who had killed his mother.  He travelled with a mysterious woman named Maytell onboard a flying train (the Galaxy Express) to various planets.  I don't recall him having a guitar, but one of the people he encountered had one.  The movie had several songs, one of which went "nothing's gonna stop me, 'cause I'm flying now.  Nothing's gonna hold me back, gonna find my dreams somehow." (don't ask me how I'm able to remember this song after 25 years -- just one of those random things that sticks with you).

Subject: Re: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MOVIE THIS IS???!!!

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/07/05 at 11:09 am

;D I THINK THATS IT!!! DANG THAT WAS FAST  THANK YOU!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...