inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: early 80's horror help?

Written By: thecharmed01 on 10/10/05 at 5:50 am

Somewhere around 1981-83 when I was about 6 I was unfortunate enough to see most of a movie at a babysitters house and it had me traumatised for years.
I'd love to know what it was called and who was in it.
It was a horror about ants......

Storyline went.........

Family goes on holiday, several boy kids with them.
They stay at a big white house with several stories and lots of rooms and a big kidney shaped pool out the back, Im pretty sure it was some kind of motel/homestay type place with guests.
It was near or next to a laboratory.
In the lab, experiment goes wrong and scientist tips "stuff" down a sink drain.
You see ants in the sink.....
Cuts to a construction site near the lab and you see guys digging around a drain pipe they broke, next thing, worker is jumping round smacking his legs cause he is being bitten by ants (he doesnt know what though) and he dies.
Next the youngest kid is seen in a rubbish skip behind the hotel place collecting bottles to recycle.
Next thing you see him come running into the pool area (where rest of family are) and he is half covered in black (ants) and he leaps in the pool.
Older brother gets him out while mother screams....I cant remember but I think he died.
I remember the whole place being infected by these deadly biting ants and somewhere along the movie they realise they are there and try to kill em pretty unsuccessfully.
They dig a trench around the house and fill it with water, then learn the ants can cross water, so they end up setting the place on fire.
House is destroyed, but not sure about ants, one brother is alive still......

Thats about all I can remember, but any help on this would be appreciated.......

Subject: Re: early 80's horror help?

Written By: Kenosha on 10/10/05 at 12:44 pm

It wasn't "Ants" with Suzanne Sommers was it?

Written By: thecharmed01 on 10/10/05 at 6:17 pm

I dont know, how can I find out?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/10/05 at 6:40 pm

I checked IMDB.  It sounds like "It Happened at Lakewood Manor" also known as Ants.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076214/

Written By: thecharmed01 on 10/10/05 at 6:45 pm

oh wow!!!!

I read some of those comments and Im thinking thats the movie........maybe I missed the end or forgot it though because that part didnt really sound familiar

I wonder how possible it would be to get a copy of it.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/10/05 at 7:44 pm

Check out Amazon.com.  If not there try Ebay.

Check for new replies or respond here...