inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CANT BUY ME LOVE

Written By: drzeus on 10/13/05 at 12:00 am

Does anyone here like the movie CANT BUY ME LOVE starring Patrick Dempsey and a young Seth Green....

Who can forget the line from Seth Green,

"A card night with dips, chips and dorks"

A great teenage movie...

Subject: Re: CANT BUY ME LOVE

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/13/05 at 12:56 am

8)  I always really liked this movie as well..I saw alot of that behavior in my school...If ONE cool person liked a geek then the followers liked He/She just because someone else "cool" did..So very stupid and sad..I stayed outside of the groups mostly and liked who I wanted to based on the person..not the " social status"...

Written By: racer on 10/13/05 at 8:11 am

"He went from like totally geek to totally chic"

LOVE that movie! It's one of my all-time favorites.

Written By: drewbru on 10/13/05 at 9:56 am

I also liked this movie.  It is sad, but true, that associating with "coolness" conveys limited coolness (same principle applies to power -- you see this behavior constantly in both the business world and political realms). 

Written By: Carl on 10/13/05 at 10:01 am

It wasn't bad, a heck of a lot worth watching Dempsey in than 'Meatballs 3'!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/13/05 at 10:08 am

I LOVED this movie! I used to have a HUGE crush on Patrick Dempsey!!!  Another good one is, "Some Kind Of Wonderful" with Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson.

Erin :)

Written By: star500 on 10/13/05 at 10:46 am

I LOVED this movie! I used to have a HUGE crush on Patrick Dempsey!!!  Another good one is, "Some Kind Of Wonderful" with Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson.

Hey Patrick Dempsey is still a cutie! ;D Haven't you been watching Grey's Anatomy? He is HOTT on that show!

Written By: Kenosha on 10/13/05 at 11:54 am

This was remade a couple years ago as " Love Don't Cost A Thing" with Nick Cannon

Written By: MLB on 10/13/05 at 2:17 pm

I like the movie and I am very glad he found a job on "Anatomy". I thought he never got enough credit for being a good actor because the majority of movies he played in were only so-so.

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/14/05 at 12:41 am

I agree..I loved him before he was 'COOL"...Now...25 yrs later..he is HOT....Some kind of wonderful was a GREAT film too..I loved it!!...Quirk..have you seen " 13 going on 30".. ...I watched it just a few weeks ago with my 9 yr old daughter..I have a Mattie...I emailed him on Classmates and I couldnt be happier...I always felt like I dissed him and I alway thought bout him...Its good to know that PPle can forgive and forget and we can all go on as adults...We are now great friends and our children can share in our expieriences and reflect on us..LOL...anyway..it is very cool to me that Patrick Dempsey could play such a nerd and be soo suave now!!...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/14/05 at 1:31 am

I loved this movie!!!! "He's such a heartbreaker"

Gawd, he is so hot now!!!!! Usually as years pass, cute guys from the pass lose it. But, he gained something. He's so freaking fine.

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/05 at 1:38 am

I remember this movie.  I loved that scene where Dempsey thinks he's watching American Bandstand to learn some dance moves, only he doesn't realize that he's actually watching some Interprative Dance Segment.  Then at the dance, he shows off his new moves  ;D

Written By: TC1970 on 10/14/05 at 7:42 am

Good movie! I see it's on TV alot recently. Funny how a good many of the geeks back in the 80's turned out the be totally awesome and the hotties turnd into geeks.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/14/05 at 9:38 pm

I agree..I loved him before he was 'COOL"...Now...25 yrs later..he is HOT....Some kind of wonderful was a GREAT film too..I loved it!!...Quirk..have you seen " 13 going on 30".. ...I watched it just a few weeks ago with my 9 yr old daughter..I have a Mattie...I emailed him on Classmates and I couldnt be happier...I always felt like I dissed him and I alway thought bout him...Its good to know that PPle can forgive and forget and we can all go on as adults...We are now great friends and our children can share in our expieriences and reflect on us..LOL...anyway..it is very cool to me that Patrick Dempsey could play such a nerd and be soo suave now!!...

awwww....13 Going On 30 happens to be one of my favorite movies!!! I LOVE Mark Ruffalo (Mattie)...he's also one of my favorite actors. His character in that movie was so sweet and genuine. Hey, if you enjoyed that one....DO go and see, "Just Like Heaven"...it's playing right now and it stars Reese Witherspoon and none other than.....Mark Ruffalo....and he's JUST as sweet in this one too, if not sweeter!! ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/05 at 11:52 pm

Does anyone here like the movie CANT BUY ME LOVE starring Patrick Dempsey and a young Seth Green....

Who can forget the line from Seth Green,

"A card night with dips, chips and dorks"

A great teenage movie...

Wasn't it "Oh, cards with the 'tards...just chips, dips, and dorks!"

I totally forgot that was Seth Green!  I'm a huge fan of "Family Guy" (Chris Griffin), and "Robot Chicken."

Check for new replies or respond here...