inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rubix Cube

Written By: Carl on 10/13/05 at 3:15 pm

Is there anyone who didn't have or play this? It was so much fun! I got it for Xmas, and I could never stop playing. They even had competitions on it.

I also had 'Pyramix', same thing, and equally as fun.

Subject: Re: Rubix Cube

Written By: Skippy on 10/13/05 at 8:52 pm

Still have mine.

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/14/05 at 12:22 am

8)  I freaked on it!! got so pissed I threw it across the room...LOL...

Written By: TC1970 on 10/14/05 at 7:38 am

8)  I freaked on it!! got so pissed I threw it across the room...LOL...

Something I would do!  ;D  I had one back in the day. I think I solved it once...of course I MAY have taken it apart.  :-X LOL

Written By: karen on 10/14/05 at 7:50 am

At one time four of us in the family had our own cubes (me, my two brothers and my dad).  I could never work out how to solve the cube, though both my brothers could do it.

Years later (1988) I was shown how to do the cube by my boyfriend of the time.  However I was slightly drunk and when sober can't recall how to do the moves.  I can when i've been drinking though!

Written By: drewbru on 10/14/05 at 9:59 am

I had one back in the early 80's.  I even bought one of those books that teaches you the patterns for solving it; got to where I could do it in under 2 minutes.  The funny thing is that my fingers still "remember" how to do it, because the patterns became so ingrained (even though I could never explain the patterns to someone else, b/c my conscious brain has forgotten them).  I also had that Pyramix thing, and the "snake" (can't remember exactly what it was called;  you could shape it into several neat objects, like a telephone, balll, and cobra).

Written By: Haman on 10/14/05 at 12:45 pm

Is there anyone who didn't have or play this? It was so much fun!

Oh, yes, I did have one.

... And I am afraid I also became one of those who got pissed off more often than not  ;D

Written By: Carl on 10/14/05 at 1:35 pm

I always thought the Pyramix commercial with that guy going mad was hilarious! :D

I also recall the Missing Link-sure it was easy to make a chain, but it has to be the same colors!

'I got it..I GOT IT!....I don't got it!'  :-\\

Written By: angelpup on 10/14/05 at 6:27 pm

rubix cubes are very fun,although i never could solve one no matter how hard i tried!i got ticked with it and left it be for a while,trying to decide if i should keep trying to solve it.:-\\i don't know where it is now. ???you'd have to be a genius to solve that thing if you ask me!i wish i could figure it out.oh well. :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/14/05 at 6:30 pm

I used to own one, one of my friends owns it now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/05 at 7:26 pm

Had one.  Don't remember what became of it.  Don't much care neither.
::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/05 at 10:59 pm

I had one of those Rubix Cubes with the playing card symbols on it.  Much more difficult then the original rubix cube, but as long as you can take off the stickers, you can solve it in record time  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/05 at 11:46 pm

Our school computer geek-in-chief could solve the Rubix like he was tying his shoe.  Hand him a cube in any state of disarray, and zing,zing,zing, he'd hand it back to you in uniform color, all sides!
Good old Rory.  You know, he might still be a virgin today!
:P

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/05 at 11:55 pm

Our school computer geek-in-chief could solve the Rubix like he was tying his shoe.  Hand him a cube in any state of disarray, and zing,zing,zing, he'd hand it back to you in uniform color, all sides!
Good old Rory.  You know, he might still be a virgin today!
:P

He can solve the Rubix that fast and he's still a virgin?  I thought stuff like that impressed the ladies  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/16/05 at 12:00 am

He can solve the Rubix that fast and he's still a virgin?  I thought stuff like that impressed the ladies  :P

Yeah...Rubix Cube-solving ladies.  You might find them at the Dragon Con, or whatever they call the big sci-fi/gaming convention!
::)

Written By: Cafe80s on 10/16/05 at 9:33 am

I still have my Rubiks Cube aswell. I think i was able to solve Rubiks Link The Rings & also Unlink The Rings in around 30 seconds or something.  I also remember the Rubicks Clocks & i do remember the Pyramix aswell.

Subject: Rubix Cube

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 9:48 pm

I have one :)

I can still only complete ONE SIDE at the time!!! (Unless ya cheat that is and take it apart ;D)

Written By: Howard on 02/20/18 at 7:48 am

I can still only complete ONE SIDE at the time!!! (Unless ya cheat that is and take it apart ;D)

I can't believe I never completed it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/18 at 10:04 am

I still have one, I can see it on my shelf, doubt if I can do it now, I do not have the patience any more.

Check for new replies or respond here...