inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Don't Go to Sleep TV movie

Written By: star500 on 10/16/05 at 10:57 am

Does anyone remember Don't Go to Sleep? It came out in 1983 and it had Robin Ignico (one of the little girls from Annie), Oliver Robbins (the little boy from Poltergeist) and Valarie Harper. It was a really scary and effective TV movie. My mom and me taped it off the TV about 7 or 8 years ago, on TBS back when they actually showed serious movies and not stupid, mindless comedies all the time. The best part of the movie was the ending. I am not one to spoil the ending, so I won't mention anything about it other then it was really, really scary and had to be seen to be believed!

Subject: Re: Don't Go to Sleep TV movie

Written By: RubyJade on 10/18/05 at 8:16 pm

Yes, I do.  :D

Noone else seems to know what I'm referring to, when I bring it up.  At least, now, I know that someone else remembers it.  :)  They sure don't make movies like it anymore.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 10/19/05 at 4:38 am

I vaguely remember it. I've wanted to see this cause I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Is this the movie where the boy is stuck in the car and his shoelaces are tied together and he cant get out of the car? Its the only part I remember. But I might be thinking of a different movie.

Written By: star500 on 10/19/05 at 7:58 am

I vaguely remember it. I've wanted to see this cause I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Is this the movie where the boy is stuck in the car and his shoelaces are tied together and he cant get out of the car? Its the only part I remember. But I might be thinking of a different movie.

You got the right movie, only it was the girl that had her shoelaces tied together. :) I checked to see if there was a copy of it on Ebay and believe or not, there wasn't! :o However there is a copy on Amazon used if you really wanted it. It could be mighty expensive though, just to warn you! :)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 10/19/05 at 3:30 pm

How did the boy die? I thought he was in that car and died. I also remember his funeral. But its been so long since I saw the movie my memory isn't very good. I'm gonna see if some of the video stores in my town have it.

Written By: star500 on 10/19/05 at 7:51 pm

How did the boy die? I thought he was in that car and died. I also remember his funeral. But its been so long since I saw the movie my memory isn't very good. I'm gonna see if some of the video stores in my town have it.

I could be wrong about this (because I haven't seen the movie in a while myself) but I think he might have fallen off the roof. He and Mary were playing frisbee, I believe and it went on the roof. He asked Mary to go and get it but she was kind of a girly-girl and didn't want to climb up the ladder. So Kevin (the little boy) climbed up the ladder to get the frisbee. Now I could be wrong about this, but I thought he might have saw Jennifer on the roof and it scared him so bad, he fell off. He might have just lost his footing too.

Good idea, to check the video stores in your area. Good luck finding it! Let me know if you find it, okay? :) I hope you do, it's one of the best and scariest TV movies ever made.

Check for new replies or respond here...