inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Short Curcuit

Written By: CrayoneBoy on 10/16/05 at 7:15 pm

Anyone know who sings the theme song to this movie?  The song I believe is called "WHO'S JOHNNY".

Subject: Re: Short Curcuit

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/05 at 7:26 pm

It was by El DeBarge :)

http://www.musicobsession.com/Pictures/d/e/debarge43376.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/16/05 at 7:39 pm

The song is pretty good.

Written By: robby76 on 10/16/05 at 8:25 pm

It's a great song - one of Debarge's greatest!

Written By: star500 on 10/17/05 at 11:06 am

My favorite song on Short Circuit was the song at the end of the movie, called Come and Follow Me. I looked it up on IMDB and found out that Max Carl and Marcy Levy sang the song in the movie. However, I have never heard of them! ;D Does anyone know who they are??

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 11:11 am

My favorite song on Short Circuit was the song at the end of the movie, called Come and Follow Me. I looked it up on IMDB and found out that Max Carl and Marcy Levy sang the song in the movie. However, I have never heard of them! ;D Does anyone know who they are??

I don't know who Max Carl is, but Marcy Levy was a one hit wonder with a 1980 song called "Help Me" which she sang as a duet with Bee Gee Robin Gibb.  It reached #50 on the Billboard Charts :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/17/05 at 12:08 pm

I don't know who Max Carl is, but Marcy Levy was a one hit wonder with a 1980 song called "Help Me" which she sang as a duet with Bee Gee Robin Gibb.  It reached #50 on the Billboard Charts :)

Not sure if it's the same guy (though I imagine it is), but Max Carl also was the new lead vocalist in 38 Special in the late 80's. He actually sung their biggest hit, "Second Chance" (great power ballad-y song!).

Good movie too, though I haven't seen it in ages. Just another 80's movie that seems more futuristic than today does. Steve Guttenberg's best stuff - outside of the Police Academy's of course. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 12:42 pm

Not sure if it's the same guy (though I imagine it is), but Max Carl also was the new lead vocalist in 38 Special in the late 80's. He actually sung their biggest hit, "Second Chance" (great power ballad-y song!).

Yes you are correct.  He joined 38 Special in 1987

Written By: Kenosha on 10/17/05 at 3:07 pm

I don't know who Max Carl is, but Marcy Levy was a one hit wonder with a 1980 song called "Help Me" which she sang as a duet with Bee Gee Robin Gibb.  It reached #50 on the Billboard Charts

Would that even count as a hit?

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 6:12 pm

Would that even count as a hit?

As long as it reaches the charts, it's a hit.  Not a big hit, but a hit :)

Check for new replies or respond here...