inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help for 80's decoration

Written By: Stacy on 10/17/05 at 12:13 am

My church is having a youth party with an 80's theme and my youth minister wants me to help with decoration. I have no idea what to use for decoration. I know how to dress. I know what music to play, but how do you decorate rooms with an 80's twist? If anyone has any ideas, your help would be greatly appreciated. The party is on friday so any information before this friday would be great. thanks!!!
~Stacy

Subject: Re: Help for 80's decoration

Written By: robby76 on 10/17/05 at 12:21 am

I GOT THIS FROM THE NET....

Colors-Bright! Magenta, turquoise, lime green and anything fluorescent is great. Streamers, balloons and confetti in bright metallic is also good. Visit party supply stores and thrift stores to find games and toys that celebrate the 80s mood. Rubik's Cubes (you can find "new ones at discount stores), Connect Four, Cabbage Patch dolls, Garbage Pail kids bubblegum cards, Care Bears, Smurfs, you know the drill. Pull out the old Atari 2600 and fire it up! Everybody loves Pac Man! If you don't have your old Atari 2600, borrow your kid brothers Nintendo 64. There are some great arcade classics available at your local store. A working Simon (there are hand held varieties sold at discount stores) and Speak and Spell are always a blast too! Find your old, (or get them at a thrift store) scratched up vinyl albums and hang them from the ceiling with fishing line and tacks for added effect. Pick up some movie and band posters from the 80's.

Posters of Michael Jackson, Star Wars, Madonna from the 80's... maybe some street signs of popular 80's places like "Electric Avenue"... and yes lots of fluorescent stuff! A disco ball would still be okay for an 80's party too.

Subject: Re: Help for 80's decoration

Written By: bilzee on 10/17/05 at 3:47 pm

if you used a fill in the right area, you'd have an exactamundo time warp to 1985 - i swear - and you'll LOVE cheese!

:-\\

no where did i leave my cheese?

Check for new replies or respond here...