inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help!!! Im addicted to watching Old Degrassi episodes on the N

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/17/05 at 12:35 am

I used to love that show when I was younger, they have like these 3 hr blocks on late at NITE... I have been up till 3am every nite for a week now... Anyone else this pathetic??? :D

Subject: Re: Help!!! Im addicted to watching Old Degrassi episodes on the N

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/17/05 at 12:46 am

Indeed you are not alone, my friend.  I've recently discovered it again myself.  I love that program.

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 12:46 am

After all these years, I still love Degrassi.  I love how it's often billed as "the Beverly Hills, 90210 of Canada"

When I was really really young, I used to watch the original "The Kids of Degrassi Street"

The best thing about Degrassi was that you could watch it and be entertained, and at the same time, learn safe stuff involving serious issues :)

Some Trivia:  Alot of the cast members from "Degrassi Junior High" and "Degrassi High" played different characters on "The Kids of Degrassi Street"

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/17/05 at 12:59 am

So true, the show made u think.  I remember seeing alot of episodes when i was younger that really reflected what I went thru... That show is so awesome... So funny to see the old clothes and hairstyles though....  LOL... I used to think Clutch was so Cute..

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/17/05 at 1:00 am

After all these years, I still love Degrassi.  I love how it's often billed as "the Beverly Hills, 90210 of Canada"

When I was really really young, I used to watch the original "The Kids of Degrassi Street"

The best thing about Degrassi was that you could watch it and be entertained, and at the same time, learn safe stuff involving serious issues :)

Some Trivia:  Alot of the cast members from "Degrassi Junior High" and "Degrassi High" played different characters on "The Kids of Degrassi Street"

I like how they brought back characters (using the same actors grown-up) on Degrassi:Next Generation.

It's cool to see Snake, Caitlin, Lucy, Joey Jeremiah, Spike and even Mr. Raditch (who was just a teacher in the "old school" episodes, now he's a principal (although his character was written out).

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/17/05 at 1:09 am

I loved Mr R.  Hes sucha square... Remember Yick and Arthur????????  So funny.  And that little Bart with the curly blonde afro....ADORABLE!!!

Written By: krakboi on 10/17/05 at 1:22 am

Totally.  Degrassi Jr. High was released on DVD a while back, and I have been watcjing them like crazy.  I like the the N is showing Degrassi High to.  I actually started a thread a while back too.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,7973.0.html

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/18/05 at 1:13 am

I knew they had the show on dvd.  I have been trying to get a good price on Ebay for it.  I did have episodes taped from yrs back but I have misplaced them... :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 10/18/05 at 1:24 am

I wonder if they'll put the original "Kids of Degrassi Street" on DVD.  I've seen them on VHS, but not on DVD yet  :\'(

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004TBC7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/21/05 at 9:40 am

I dont know if they will release it on DVD.  It would be nice to see them air it on tv again.  Did u ever see that last episode.. schools out?  I have never seen it and I cant seem to find it on tape. :D

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/03/05 at 6:29 am

yes degrassi is wonderful!!

Written By: The_Plague on 11/03/05 at 6:50 am

I used to love that show when I was younger, they have like these 3 hr blocks on late at NITE... I have been up till 3am every nite for a week now... Anyone else this pathetic??? :D

nothing unhealthy about it sport
the DVD's are actually out now, i msut say i am tempted

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/04/05 at 3:00 am

nothing unhealthy about it sport
the DVD's are actually out now, i msut say i am tempted
I know what u mean, I am tempted to get the dvds.  I wonder what the old actors are doing now?  I know a few of them ae on TNG, but I wonder about the rest??  Anyone know?

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/05 at 4:50 pm

I dont know if they will release it on DVD.  It would be nice to see them air it on tv again.  Did u ever see that last episode.. schools out?  I have never seen it and I cant seem to find it on tape. :D

I have this on VHS... found it on Ebay.... it was released on VHS like the kids of Degrassi and DJH and DH.... I spent hundreds of dollars  few years ago getting every episode (of every version of Degrassi) on VHS and now they go and start putting them all on DVD... Here I go again....

I am hooked... I actually went to first Degrassi Next Gen Mall tour :-[

I think there was a part of me hoping "Joey" would be there  :-* but he wasn't nothing like being the only adult among hundreds of teeny boppers to make you feel old and inadequate... next time  ;D I'm borrowing a friend's teenager so I won't look too out of place

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/06/05 at 4:47 am

LOL, thamight be a good idea about taking a teen... LOL, I loved Joey too.  I just wonder what ever happened to the other actors u know?  I tried to win the Degraasi tapes on ebay but was outbidded. I guess I should tape these ones... Rock on Degrassi!!!! I woner if the N will air the alst special "Schools out".  I have still nevr seen it :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/05 at 12:25 pm

That guy that played Shane (the father of Spike's baby) recently made a cameo appearance in a commercial for CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) along side ED star Tom Kavannagh, who regularly appears in CIBC ads

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/07/05 at 2:41 am

Ive seen the commercials for the bank but I only saw one with the guy from Ed on it.. I will have to look for it!  Thanks ;D

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/08/05 at 7:54 am

You guys aren't alone, i loved this show in the 80s & the repeats in the early 90s (1991-1992). This was in Australia though which was always shown on the ABC. I even have the first 3 seasons of Degrassi Junior High on DVD. None of you are at all pathetic, it's a great TV show. The Next Generation doesn't even come close so as far as i'm concerned all there is are the orginal 3 series, Kids Of Degrassi Street, DJH & DH.

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/08/05 at 7:59 am

So true, the show made u think.  I remember seeing alot of episodes when i was younger that really reflected what I went thru... That show is so awesome... So funny to see the old clothes and hairstyles though....  LOL... I used to think Clutch was so Cute..

Yeah i always thought Clutch was the coolest of the guys. I loved Joey's denim jackets & as a matter of fact i still wear one similar with band patches all over it.
For the girls i liked Christine(Spike) & Liz. I always thought Spike was cute, actually i still do.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/08/05 at 10:20 am

I saw the cutest episode.. I always liked the one where Wheels ran away from home and his grandma came after him... It was sad but I liked the ending.... I just love that show

Check for new replies or respond here...