inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Specials

Written By: Carl on 10/19/05 at 8:16 am

Who here remembers them? I like the song 'Ghost Town', but don't recall to many of the other ones they did.

Subject: Re: The Specials

Written By: karen on 10/19/05 at 8:31 am

I like ghost Town.  It really reflected what was going on in Britain at the time.

Another of theirs I liked was Too Much, Too Young

You might like to check out their website

The Specials

Written By: robby76 on 10/19/05 at 8:35 am

I wasn't living in England as a kid, but I remember I used to listen to Ghost Town on the way to school in my Dads car. I used to feel spooked listening to it but we loved it anyway.

Written By: woops on 10/19/05 at 7:07 pm

I like "Ghost Town"

Also "A Message To You Rudy".

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/05 at 8:48 pm

Originally, they were known as The Special AKA.  When Terry Hall, Neville Staples and Lynval Golding left to form the Fun Boy Three, The Specials became The Special AKA once again, and in 1984, recorded 'Free Nelson Mandela', which I believe to be their greatest hit :)

Written By: Todd on 10/19/05 at 9:09 pm

Ghost Town is one of my all time favorite ska songs.  Heres a little trivia fun..  Terry Hall once dated Jane Wiedlin, of the Go-Go's, and he sent Jane some lyrics, and when Jane added the music to them, the result was "Our Lips Are Sealed" which the Go-Go's had a hit with in 1981.  A couple years later, Terry was with Fun Boy Three, and they recorded their own version, which became a hit in the UK!

Check for new replies or respond here...