inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s and the 60s decade similarities

Written By: Carl on 10/19/05 at 10:02 am

Think about it:

Both were the era of big hair, where the women were concerned.

A lot of the suit jackets the guys wore sort resembled early 60s type where

There was a short hippie movement by the end of the decade: Tie dye shirts were pretty big

It was a big time for girl groups like in the 60s with acts such as: Bangles, Expose, Mary Jane Girls and Klymaxx

Subject: Re: 80s and the 60s decade similarities

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/05 at 10:05 am

In the early 80's, alot of 60's hits were revived through medleys and re-releases

Written By: Huw on 10/19/05 at 1:47 pm

Funny thing is, men's fashion went through periods of glam in the '60s, '70s and '80s. Think of the craze for red 19th Century-style uniform jackets in the '60s (everyone from Hendrix to The Beatles); then there was Glam Rock in the '70s (Bowie, Bolan et al) and finally the New Romantics in the '80s. Also, men's shirts with huge baggy sleeves were popular in all those eras. I had my baggy-sleeved shirts in the '80s. I'm still hoping they may come back into fashion again....  :-\\

Written By: Chasey on 10/19/05 at 4:36 pm

The 80's were a modern revival of the 60's - no question about that.

Wayfarers, slim ties, drainpipes, pointed winklepicker shoes, the revival of 'doo-wop' during the early 80's...

Modern fashion during the 80's was definately a 70's backlash against all things baggy, flarey and perhaps worst of all - paisley.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...