inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bonnie Tyler

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/05 at 10:53 pm

I like "A Rockin' Good Way" the best, with "Holding Out For A Hero" at second :)

Subject: Re: Bonnie Tyler

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/21/05 at 11:00 pm

so totally Total Eclipse Of The Heart  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 12:35 am

T.E.O.T.H.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/22/05 at 12:36 am

Holding Out For a Hero.

Erin :)

Written By: nally on 10/22/05 at 12:36 am

"Total Eclipse..." is my pick, although I like Nicki French's cover better. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 1:09 am

I also liked It's A Heartache, her first big hit in the States, but it took Jim Steinman's melodrama to make full use of that husky voice!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/05 at 1:10 am

I love Total Eclipse of the Heart. That husky voice, my gawd.

Next would be Holding Out for a Hero and It's a Heartache.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 1:15 am

I love Total Eclipse of the Heart. That husky voice, my gawd.

Next would be Holding Out for a Hero and It's a Heartache.

I didn't like "Hero," thought the lyrics were dumb and the canned percussion was badly produced.  I know it was in Footloose, but didn't Stallone use it in one of his movies?  Maybe it just sounds ultra-Stallone.
::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/05 at 1:21 am

I didn't like "Hero," thought the lyrics were dumb and the canned percussion was badly produced.  I know it was in Footloose, but didn't Stallone use it in one of his movies?  Maybe it just sounds ultra-Stallone.
::)

I think it was meant to be cheesy. LOL!

Written By: Huw on 10/22/05 at 4:34 am

Lost In France for me (ah, the memories...!) though Hero is a good second best. The odd thing about Bonnie is that her singing 'accent' is totally different from his speaking accent. When she talks she sounds even more Welsh than I do....!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/05 at 5:43 am

1983 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/22/05 at 5:51 am

It's A Heartache
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Holding Out For A Hero

Written By: Dagwood on 10/22/05 at 12:10 pm

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/05 at 6:27 pm

I really like It's a Heartache and Total Eclispe of the Heart but I had to vote for Holding out for a Hero.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 10:56 pm

Lost In France for me (ah, the memories...!) though Hero is a good second best. The odd thing about Bonnie is that her singing 'accent' is totally different from his speaking accent. When she talks she sounds even more Welsh than I do....!  :)

I had to go to Scotland to hear Lost In France.  I mean, I just happened to hear it when I was there, never having heard it before.  I was having breakfast in this adorable B & B...wait a minute...I hadn't even gotten that far north yet, it was in Carlisle.  Anyway, it was on the radio while I was eating cornflakes and grapefruit at the B & B in Carlisle.
:-\\

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/23/05 at 12:43 am

8)  The few that I do remember...cause they were sooo overplayed..I hated...Not to offend anyone but I was a Rocker and the POP songs just didnt appeal to me...some of the Dude POP songs I could stand but the chicks I just Could not handle...Total Eclipse of the Heart was played soo much I wanted to KILL my radio...Kinda like Bette Davis Eyes...And that Tony Basil song..Mickey..SP??...anyway..I hear those songs now and I go BALLISTIC!!!!... :o

Check for new replies or respond here...