inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New to the board

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 12:41 am

I am new to this board..but I am the top poster from another website dedicated to the 80's. I was doing a search tonight trying to find the lyrics to the song: Teen Angel Eyes, by Tommy Tutone from The Last American Virgin soundtrack, and found this site. I must say...I was really impressed...because I like seeing all the pictures on here, and you guys have some really cool topics, and some great trivia. Your layout here is really alot different, and way more detailed than what I am use to. Anyway I have been here for about an hour reading up on some of the topics you all have started, and I decided I thought I'd say hi...even though I feel like I am "cheating" on my regular site...but hey anyone who loves the 80's...is totally cool in my book, so what could it hurt to meet some more like minded individuals, right??? 

Subject: Re: New to the board

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/23/05 at 12:49 am

Hey! It's good to have you here! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Erin :)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 1:00 am

Thanks Erin...I am a cat lover and a Halloween lover too!! :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/05 at 1:01 am

welcome :)

I don't believe I know that Tutone song.  I only know 'Angel Say No' and '867-5309/Jenny' :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/23/05 at 1:02 am

Thanks Erin...I am a cat lover and a Halloween lover too!! :)

awesome! :)

Erin :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/23/05 at 1:04 am

;D Welcome girlfriend!!..this IS the coolest site!!....I have Checked out others but now this is my HOME!!...EV ONE is really cool and we all learn alot from each other...I have made so many great friends!!...I post not only on the 80s..but the 70s and all others...I am 38 and know about some of all..LOL...e-me if you want and I will give you my personal Email....take care and stay cool....Sherry in Memphis.............. 8)

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/23/05 at 1:12 am

Welcome to the boards ValleyGirl!

I hope you find the time to post here every now and then.  :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around! :D

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 8:34 am

Green67- I have meet some of my best friends that I have ever had off the other website.  I have actually met some of them in person now too, and I feel like I have known them my whole life, so I totally feel very loyal to that webiste , because I love it there. It's like I had no idea that there was even anything quite like it out here...let alone almost exactly like it, with a whole other group of people. I looked on here looking for names of people that I might have recognized, but I haven't come across anyone yet...that looks familiar to me, so I was totally shocked that this place exists. I definately have alot to say about the 80's, and I love talking about memories of the 80's, and the 70's too, so I would say I might stick around and see how it goes here. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 10:43 am

Welcome to the board!

Written By: migi on 10/24/05 at 5:17 am

Hello Valleygirl! (BTW Loved the movie. There was Nicolas Cage and it was made in 1983 I think.)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 9:56 am

Hi Migi! Valley Girl is definately one of the best 80's movies (In my opinion)  ;) Thanks for the welcome!! :) :)

Written By: Tia on 10/24/05 at 10:57 am

Your layout here is really alot different, and way more detailed than what I am use to. Anyway I have been here for about an hour reading up on some of the topics you all have started, and I decided I thought I'd say hi...even though I feel like I am "cheating" on my regular site...but hey anyone who loves the 80's...is totally cool in my book, so what could it hurt to meet some more like minded individuals, right??? 

yeah, i was feeling swamped at first. it got a lot easier when i started using those "show new topics" and "show new replies to your posts..." it's a good automated way to whittle down the results to just the threads you're following, or have posted on. and i click on the "mark all topics read" thing every so often to keep things under control.

and yes, i'm cheating too...

;)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 12:55 pm

Hi Tia! Thanks for the info. I am slowly getting the hang of it. Are you a big Kim Richards fan? I have a friend who knows her.  The 80's movie I know her from is Tuff Turf. But I loved her in the old Disney movies. My friend that knows her...sent me some older Disney movies that she was in, and they were pretty good...one was Devil Dog, and one was No Deposit/No Return.  I loved her in both of the Escape to Witch Mountain movies.  I also loved her on the tv show Hello Larry. I just saw her on a Different Strokes cross over episode to Hello Larry just the other day.  She has a website that you can write to her on, sometimes she'll answer back.
I liked her sister...Kylie Richards... too...she was in The Watcher in the Woods, and that is one of my favorite Disney movies...she was also on Little House on the Prairie...which was one of my favorite TV shows...I have seasons 1-7 on DVD.

Written By: Tia on 10/24/05 at 1:32 pm

i am indeed a kim richards fan. (ike eisenmann too!) i've seen most of the stuff you mentioned although i haven't been able to find any old hello larry episodes. devil dog is a personal favorite (which i think was a made-for-TV, not sure it was disney, it was a pretty grim horror movie, though campy) -- she had walk-ons in cool movies throughout the seventies (but i guess i can't mention that here) and the only movie she couldn't save was meatballs ii. katherine hepburn in her prime couldn't have done anything with THAT flick.

i don't think she visits that site much anymore, the operator of it says that she fell out of touch. but there's rumors she's working on a new movie and she does conventions sometimes so one of these days i'll go out to one and have her sign my copy of "devil dog." how'd they meet, she and your friend?

Written By: BCRichrocker on 10/24/05 at 2:15 pm

Welcome. Being an ex of another 80s board I hope you enjoy your stay on here as well.  :)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 4:37 pm

I am sure if I said where I was from, people would know it. Hopefully no one from here left there angry over anything, cause I really hate when people take stuff really personal...and leave a group over it...everyone knows that everyone is not ever going to agree on every single issue...and I think it is good to disagree on stuff...that is what makes you unique...if everyone was the same...how would that be any fun.

Tia...my friend is a celebrity photographer...he has meet over 800 celebrities. I think he met Kim at a event in New Jersey...it might have been Chiller Theatre. Then they talked on the phone and through emails.  I have a DVD of them hanging out together that he sent me. He works for the government...and gets to go to all the celebrity events...like The Washington Correspondence dinner...I could have gone this year with him...and then I would have got to meet Richard Gere and Kelly Preston.  But...he is actual friends with alot of celebrities...in fact a good friend of his is Cary Elwes...and he got him a small role in the movie Glory!  I am floored by the people he has meet.

He meet Sam Jones and Melody Anderson from the movie Flash Gordon, and got them on video tape saying a message to me, and they signed a Poster for me from the 25th anniversary release of the movie.

Check out Sam Jones holding my poster:

Written By: Randy From The Beach on 10/24/05 at 7:40 pm

Hi everyone!   :D

Just thought I'd say hello and compliment ya on such a cool board.  I'm a huge fan of the 80's and I love to chat with anyone that enjoys the 80's!

Randy

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 7:46 pm

Hey Randy!! Cool car...do you pick up hitchhikers?? I am headed towards the Valley Sheraton....wanna go for a cruise?? ;) :)

Written By: Tia on 10/25/05 at 5:16 am

Tia...my friend is a celebrity photographer...he has meet over 800 celebrities. I think he met Kim at a event in New Jersey...it might have been Chiller Theatre. Then they talked on the phone and through emails.  I have a DVD of them hanging out together that he sent me.

wow. can i trade you something for a copy of that DVD? is it like an interview or what? i've never known her to do an interview except a couple for entertainment tonight that were very short and not very detailed... it would be fun to see a long print interview with her, or even an autobiography...

i wanted to get out to that chiller theater thing but i've just been so busy. if you talk to your friend try and find out if the rumor about her working on a new movie is true. it's supposed to be called "legend hunters," they talk about it on that web page you mentioned.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 8:29 am

Tia.....I sent you a PM about it.  ;)

Written By: Tia on 10/25/05 at 8:48 am

Tia.....I sent you a PM about it.  ;)

hey got it and sent a reply, thanks a million for anything you can do.

you know what's great about no deposit/no return? the choreographed car chases. they're like ballet.

and i also got a movie called "escape" that KR produced back in 1990 (well, it was released in 1990, which means it was probably made in 1989, which means maybe it's 80s-relevant!) in partnership with her husband at the time. did you ever see that one?

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 9:10 am

Nope...I never saw that.  My friend did send me Meatballs 2...which I haven't had a chance to watch yet either.

There is an interview of Kim on the DVD thing he made for her...I think she is younger in it though...I think it was for Return to Witch Mountain, but I am not totally sure.

I would love for them to put Hello Larry on DVD. I also am a fan of Donna Wilkes too-who played Kim's sister.

You can vote for it at : www.tvshowsondvd.com

I know she did guest spots on Magnum PI and The Dukes of Hazzard.

I told my friend what you said in your PM....and I am just waiting to see what he says.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 10/25/05 at 1:55 pm

I am sure if I said where I was from, people would know it. Hopefully no one from here left there angry over anything, cause I really hate when people take stuff really personal...and leave a group over it...everyone knows that everyone is not ever going to agree on every single issue...and I think it is good to disagree on stuff...that is what makes you unique...if everyone was the same...how would that be any fun.

It's the internet. No one should take anything in "cyberspace" too seriously. If you don't agree with people on a particular board then just leave and go elsewhere. No reason for it to get ugly or anything IMO.

Check for new replies or respond here...