inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Streets of Fire

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 4:45 pm

Does anyone else love this movie with Diane Lane and Michael Pare??? They are 2 of my favorite 80's actors. This movie is awesome. It has a killer soundtrack...I love the song "Tonight is what it means to be young"...and I love the song "Sorcerer" which was written by Stevie Nicks...that is an awesome song.  Rick Moranis and Amy Madigan are also in this movie. Is anyone else a fan of it??

Subject: Re: Streets of Fire

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/05 at 4:51 pm

Nobody loves this movie more than I as it's my favourite movie of all-time :)

I was a little disappointed when I got the DVD and it didn't have the cool original box art with the black and blue painting :(

Here's some soundtrack trivia ...

I Can Dream About You by Dan Hartman hit #6 on the Billboard Charts and Tonight is What it Means to Be Young by Fire Inc. hit #80 on the Billboard Charts

Laurie Sargent (who was the lead singer for the band Face to Face, who had a popular 1 hit wonder in 1984 called 10-9-8) provided all the vocals for Diane Lane's character in the film.  The remaining members of Face to Face appear in the film as Ellen's backing band "The Attackers".  On the soundtrack, Fire Inc. was a Jim Steinman production and both songs Nowhere Fast and Tonight is What it Means to Be Young were sung by Holly Sherwood and Rory Dodd (who often sang on Steinman produced songs) with Laurie Sargent appearing on Nowhere Fast

In November of 1984, singer Meatloaf covered Nowhere Fast and turned it into a minor UK hit.

Subject: Re: Streets of Fire

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 4:53 pm

It's been kinda covered on here before...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11452.0.html

But I still love the movie alot, especially the soundtrack...

Check for new replies or respond here...