inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Challenger Disaster

Written By: Brittany on 10/23/05 at 5:58 pm

I'm sure many of you people remember the Challenger explosion of 1986. For those of you who do, I need to find several people to interview about their recollection of it. I am doing a very extensive research paper for a  class and any help you guys could offer me would be more than appreciated. if you are at all interested in talking with me about it, please email me. Don't reply to this thread because i'll probably not be back to check it. So, any help would be wonderful. No later than December 1st, 2005. Thanks.

Subject: Re: Challenger Disaster

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/24/05 at 12:40 am

:\'( I remember it VERY well..I was renting a house from my granparents and I was Glued to the TV.. cause I am totally into anything to do with science and I have always been so very interested into space...I was very interested also because of the teacher ..Christa Mcautliffe..( Spelling??)...I have always wanted to go into space....I watched as they took off and the most horrible thing happened...I felt soo hopeless... and even now..I can not watch anyone go into space and feel safe...that was the most horrible thing ever..,.

Written By: rich1981 on 10/24/05 at 1:24 am

In my elementary school I knew a teacher who was friends with Christa McAuliffe where they went to school together (can't remember which one though).

Written By: robby76 on 10/24/05 at 5:26 am

Punky Brewster dedicated a whole episode to the Challenger disaster and it guest starred Buzz Aldrin. The episode was called "Accidents Happen" from Season 2.

Written By: Skippy on 10/24/05 at 10:51 am

if you are at all interested in talking with me about it, please email me. Don't reply to this thread because i'll probably not be back to check it. So, any help would be wonderful. No later than December 1st, 2005. Thanks.

OK, and just where the heck are we supposed to e-mail it to?

Written By: Tia on 10/24/05 at 10:52 am

i actually have a little school paper i wrote about it a few years ago. i'll see if i can find it lying around somewhere...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/05 at 1:14 pm

I was at work.  The room next to my office was a conference room that had a t.v.  During lunch time, many people went in there to watch the soaps. Someone came into the office to tell us about it. At first I thought they were joking (actually I HOPED they were joking). We all went next door to watch the t.v. It was truly a sad, sad day.  :\'( :\'( 

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/24/05 at 6:00 pm

I was in the 4th grade. We watched it on tv. Because of the following trauma, we had an early dismissal.

Check for new replies or respond here...