inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Madonna Album

Written By: woops on 10/24/05 at 3:07 am

What is your favorite Madonna album from the '80's, back when she was the "Material Girl".

I actually like most of her songs from her first two albums. "True Blue" and "Like A Prayer" had a couple decent tracks...though she started to "jump" when she released the banned "Justify My Love" video from the early '90's... and even further with the infamous "Sex" book

Despite that "Immaculate Collection" is the only CD I own, though I have her first three on vinyl.  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite Madonna Album

Written By: zcrito on 10/24/05 at 4:44 am

To tell you the truth, I never thought of Madonna as an "album" artist. More as a "singles only" kind.

But if I had to pick then I'd go with the one with "Into The Groove" on it.

:)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/24/05 at 7:52 am

I'm only really familiar with her 80's work - before she started to really push the envelope around 1990 and not only more controversial but "sexier" (which never appealed to me, I thought she was far cuter as simply "the Material Girl" but that's another story). ;)

In that period, she seemed to have a thing of changing every two albums. The self titled debut, and Like A Virgin were her "cutesy pop" albums, then True Blue and Like a Prayer saw her moving into more serious subjects, maturing musically but still retaining that playful pop sound.

Out of the 4, I think Like a Virgin is the best listen overall, although the self titled album has the best songs (my favorite is "Borderline" with "Lucky Star" close behind).

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/05 at 10:14 am

Her self-titled album is her best :)

Loved 'Borderline' :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/24/05 at 10:41 am

Madonna 
Like A Virgin
True Blue

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/24/05 at 10:49 am

In order: Like a Prayer, True Blue, Madonna, and Like a Virgin. I'm only basing it on singles I liked.

Written By: robby76 on 10/24/05 at 10:59 am

To tell you the truth, I never thought of Madonna as an "album" artist. More as a "singles only" kind.

Agreed, I like her hits but never compelled to buy an album (except Erotica - very good). I voted "Like A Virgin" as "Dress You Up" is my fave Madonna song, plus I remember the entire album from when it was played over and over in the car.  ;)

ps: "Angel" was a good track from the album too.

Written By: Southern Image on 10/27/05 at 12:28 pm

I like most of Madonnas stuff. She still is COOL, in my books. She took a lot of guts to do what she did and still be on top of the charts. She is willing to change her appearance and her style of music which helps her grow with the decades.  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/28/05 at 2:39 pm

Madonna
Like A Virgin

Written By: zcrito on 10/28/05 at 5:05 pm

She took a lot of guts to do what she did and still be on top of the charts.

What did she do? Is she kind of like the Rosa Parks of music ?  ???

Written By: woops on 10/28/05 at 7:58 pm

What did she do? Is she kind of like the Rosa Parks of music ?  ???

Unlike Rosa Parks, Madge made the world a worse place with the likes of B.S. ...  ::)  :P

Though her earlier stuff isn't as trashy by today's standards

Check for new replies or respond here...