inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: JOURNEY LYRICS NEED EXPLAINED

Written By: bouttavong123 on 10/24/05 at 1:41 pm

Hi, I'm doing a project for my English Class and was wondering if anyone had any idea what Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" really means. (Don't worry, my project doesn't ask me to interpret it, I just need this background information--I'm not going to steal your idea!)  Thank you for your help in advance!!  ;D 

Subject: Re: JOURNEY LYRICS NEED EXPLAINED

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 5:16 pm

I love Journey...that is a great song. I am not sure exactly what they mean by the song...but I gathered from it that it means don't stop Believin in you Dreams....because when they sing...just a city boy..born and raise in South Detroit...he took the midnight train going anywhere....and they sing...Don't stop Believing.. hold on to that feeling....I think it means the feeling that the 2 of them felt when they were together....like the rest of the world is all falling a part...and maybe their lives were not the greatest...but don't give up hope that there is more out there in life...so keep on dreaming and hold on to what a great feeling that dreams give hope to people that their life has meaning to it.

Check for new replies or respond here...