inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to find the name of an 80's "toy"

Written By: grantp on 10/24/05 at 9:10 pm

Hey everybody,
I'm trying to figure out what a particular toy was called. It was basically the "boys" version of fashion plates, those things you'd trace over and girls could "design and color" their own clothing creations. Those were called "fashion plates", but there was a version my brothers and I had that consisted of several different monsters you could make using the same technique. What the heck was it called?! Please help!
Grant p

Subject: Re: Trying to find the name of an 80's "toy"

Written By: robby76 on 10/25/05 at 5:11 am

First off thanks for reminding me of the girls fashion plates - my sister had one and it'll bring her some great memories when I remind her of them

And in return I did a search on Ebay and hopefully found what you're looking for. Does a TOMY Mighty Men and Monster Maker ring any bells? It was also made by TOMY in 1978 (same time as the Girls Fashion Plates)

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMY-MIGHTY-MEN-AND-MONSTER-MAKER-1978_W0QQitemZ6006891343QQcategoryZ19027QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Subject: Re: Trying to find the name of an 80's "toy"

Written By: grantp on 10/25/05 at 6:31 am

That's it!!!!! Thank you so much!!! And you're welcome for reminding you of fashion plates. i saw them on VH-1's I love 1980 and it got me thinking about the monster maker I used to have. My brothers are gonna flip when they each get one for christmas! Thanks again!!!!!!

First off thanks for reminding me of the girls fashion plates - my sister had one and it'll bring her some great memories when I remind her of them

And in return I did a search on Ebay and hopefully found what you're looking for. Does a TOMY Mighty Men and Monster Maker ring any bells? It was also made by TOMY in 1978 (same time as the Girls Fashion Plates)

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMY-MIGHTY-MEN-AND-MONSTER-MAKER-1978_W0QQitemZ6006891343QQcategoryZ19027QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check for new replies or respond here...