inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Bodyguard

Written By: Carl on 10/25/05 at 11:55 am

Absolutely loved this film! It was a movie for all those kids who were always bullied in school,and a very good ending in my opinion.

Subject: Re: My Bodyguard

Written By: Skippy on 10/25/05 at 1:36 pm

I actually teared up a little when Linderman(Adam Baldwin) was telling Clifford Peache(Chris Makepeace) how his brother died.

Written By: Carl on 10/25/05 at 1:47 pm

You had the real bullies (Matt Dilon and his crew) and the misunderstood alleged bully (Baldwin), the story was very good, not just 'another teen movie'...LOL!!!

Written By: Cool Hand Logan on 10/25/05 at 5:39 pm

I have the DVD.  I love this movie!  8)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 7:11 pm

I love this movie...they showed it on I love the 80's 3D....for 1980.

I think it is a great movie. I liked Matt Dillon in his younger years. Wooo Hooo.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/05 at 8:02 pm

I loved that movie, Chris Makepeace, Matt Dillon, Martin Mull, Ruth Gordon, Joan Cusack...dynamite!

Clifford: Last name Peache.
Moody: I always knew he was a fruit!
Teacher: Melvin...
Moody: I don't want to be called Melvin no more.
Teacher: What do you want to be called?
Moody: Moody, Big Moody, the Big M!
Clifford: Is that BM for short?
Carson: (eyes bugging out) GAAASP!
:o

Ricky Linderman (Adam Baldwin):

He was only 9. I practically raised him since he was 2. Drive you crazy! Tell him to sit down, he'd stand up. Tell him do his homework, he'd read a comic book. Couldn't eat food without spitting it at you. A real shoplifter too. Go through a store, half of it'd wind up in his pocket. He was a good kid. A real handful, though. Poor little guy... poor little guy.
:\'(

Compare the Ricky Linderman character to the Boo Radley character in To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/05 at 5:52 pm

Next time you watch look for Jennifer Beals (Flashdance) she was an extra and can be seen in scenes shot at the school

SOMEONE GET THIS USELESS INFORMATION OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/06/05 at 11:19 am

This is the movie that caused me to fall in love with Adam Baldwin.  I love that man to this day.

Subject: My Bodyguard

Written By: Dude111 on 02/20/18 at 5:11 am

I actually teared up a little when Linderman(Adam Baldwin) was telling Clifford Peache(Chris Makepeace) how his brother died.

I cant believe he told the truth about what happend...... I guess he trusted him @ that point enough to tell him.....

Love this movie alot!! -- Have the first release on VHS :)

Check for new replies or respond here...