inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Debbie Gibson: Hit or Miss

Written By: woops on 10/29/05 at 6:56 pm

http://www.deb.org/special/debbie11.jpg

I just got "Memory Lane Vol. 2", which featured 14 more unreleased demos from the early '80's to mid 1990's  :)

More about Deborah Gibson, who's now a successful stage actress and still release albums :

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

http://cache.eonline.com/News/Photos/g/gibson.debra.012605.jpg

Subject: Re: Debbie Gibson: Hit or Miss

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 7:50 pm

I liked some of her songs.  'Lost in Your Eyes' was a favourite of mine back in the day, and I still enjoy hearing it every now and then :)

Written By: JAFA on 10/30/05 at 2:25 am

I love all of her songs from "out of the blue" album.
I remember having a crush on her, whew!!!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/30/05 at 5:45 am

I like her songs too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:24 pm

She was ok...

Written By: Atari on 10/30/05 at 7:41 pm

I hated her and her music then.

But now, I don't find her stuff so bad. Guess it's just part of getting older...

Written By: jlp937 on 10/31/05 at 12:06 am

I liked her OK!  Everytime I see her name or hear Electric Youth I think of my sister's 6th grade softball team.  Electric Youth was their name.  My favorite song of hers went like this "I could never love again, the way I loved you", I cannot think of the name?? :-[

I think that she has made the most of herself and definately changed her 80s image by doing a lot of musical on Broadway.  She is talented and I think it is so odd that she hasn't released anything new in several years.  Or if she has it obviously wasn't very popular.

Written By: Electric Youth on 10/31/05 at 12:11 am

I liked her OK!  Everytime I see her name or hear Electric Youth I think of my sister's 6th grade softball team.  Electric Youth was their name.  My favorite song of hers went like this "I could never love again, the way I loved you", I cannot think of the name?? :-[

I think that she has made the most of herself and definately changed her 80s image by doing a lot of musical on Broadway.  She is talented and I think it is so odd that she hasn't released anything new in several years.  Or if she has it obviously wasn't very popular.

"Foolish Beat"

And she still releases new material like "MYOB", a pop album,  in 2000 & "Colored Lights: The Broadway Album" in 2003.

Recently  the single "Naked" a few weeks ago  :)

Written By: jlp937 on 10/31/05 at 12:14 am

Foolish Beat!!  That is it!  Thanks Electric Youth! ;)

Written By: Electric Youth on 10/31/05 at 12:17 am

"Foolish Beat"

And she still releases new material like "MYOB", a pop album,  in 2000 & "Colored Lights: The Broadway Album" in 2003.

Recently  the single "Naked" a few weeks ago  :)

Your welcome!

Error corrected: "Naked" was released a couple months ago, though not fair that Ashlee's CD went to #1 and many people ignore Deborah Gibson's recent albums...

Written By: Loven1 on 10/31/05 at 1:55 am

She was OK, but I always found her kind of annoying.

I like Madonna's 80s stuff better.                     

Written By: 80s hair on 10/31/05 at 9:05 am

I had such a crush on her in 1987 ::) I loved the "Out Of The Blue" album. But Electric Youth did not do much for me.

Written By: woops on 11/01/05 at 9:56 pm

I had a bit of a crush on her in 1999, at age 15, , around  the same time when the onslaught of pop acts arrived  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/05 at 9:58 pm

We got a show here in Canada called "Back In" where they chronicle hits and misses on music, film, tv and world events of a certain decade.  They do a top 5 best and worst music videos, and on "Back in 1989", they voted Electric Youth as the Worst Music video of 1989  :(

Written By: woops on 11/01/05 at 10:05 pm

We got a show here in Canada called "Back In" where they chronicle hits and misses on music, film, tv and world events of a certain decade.  They do a top 5 best and worst music videos, and on "Back in 1989", they voted Electric Youth as the Worst Music video of 1989  :(

MTV also ranked it as one of the 10 worst videos of all time in 1999, ranked by the TRL droids.

Though was nominated for Best Art Direction in the 1989 Video Music Awards, but lost to Madonna's "Express Yourself", which isn't even a good video, IMHO.

I prefer watching her music videos, along with other bands/artists, than anything that's on now from current rappers & pop acts.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/05 at 10:08 pm

MTV also ranked it as one of the 10 worst videos of all time in 1999, ranked by the TRL droids.

the ten worst of all time  :o  Man, I can think of atleast a thousand videos off hand that make Electric Youth look like the Academy Award winner of the Music Video Industry

Those folks at TRL don't know anything  ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/02/05 at 11:33 am

I'm more of a fan of her "Out of the Blue" Album. "Lost in Your Eyes" was the only track that I liked from this album. By then, I wasn't a fan of hers really.

Written By: STAR70 on 11/02/05 at 5:02 pm

I met her in 1992, after her appearence on Loveline. Her first 3 albums were the best, though I've never seen any of her videos!!!

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/15/05 at 11:01 pm

I thought she was soo cool! I loved her music. I liked her better then tiffany

Written By: woops on 11/16/05 at 2:15 am

I'm more of a fan of her "Out of the Blue" Album. "Lost in Your Eyes" was the only track that I liked from this album. By then, I wasn't a fan of hers really.

When I wrote "electric youth", I was reffering to her reign as pop princess.

Written By: Davester on 11/16/05 at 4:37 am

Check for new replies or respond here...