inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: quisp and quake

Written By: nycmystery on 10/30/05 at 10:58 am

if you are around my age (40)  and were a kid in the 70s,,,then you have to remeber 2 cereals called quisp and quake?  anyone?

Subject: Re: quisp and quake

Written By: Skippy on 10/30/05 at 11:32 am

Yup, remember them well. I had to have Quisp & my older brother had to have his Quake. There are commercials for both still floating around in cyberspace. Is it me or was Quake's mimicking John Wayne?

Written By: Tia on 10/30/05 at 11:54 am

apparently it's still around, quisp.

http://www.quisp.com/buyquisp/index.html

i don't remember the cereal -- my parents cruelly wouldn't let me eat sugared cereals, just cheerios! -- but i remember that little dude with the beany. so that advertising money was well spent on their part.

http://www.quisp.com/gfx/quispbio.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 1:27 pm

i don't remember the cereal -- my parents cruelly wouldn't let me eat sugared cereals, just cheerios!

You too, huh?  Oh, the frustration of the cereal aisle!  All those brilliant boxes containing gustatory heaven--and you're stuck with unsweetened grains!
:(
But it's probably a good thing my mom didn't let me get the Froot Loops at the grocery store, otherwise my teachers would've veen scraping me off the ceiling with a spatula!

Actually, I don't really remember the Quisp guy from childhood.  Maybe Quisp was bigger in the mid-west or something.  My brother-in-law from Michigan had quite an affinity for him.  Paul was also big on Crunchberries well into his 20s.  Crunchberries rocked!

Written By: Tia on 10/30/05 at 2:39 pm

truth be told, i get froot loops still from time to time, and i always feel like i'm getting away with something. for a while my folks would only let me watch PBS shows so i wouldn't get too involved with television. we can see how well THAT worked.

Written By: vinyl lover on 10/31/05 at 10:05 am

i thought quisp and quake were the characters of the same cereal.i do remember the commercials though.the cereal was shaped like a cup or saucer, wasnt it?

Written By: Skippy on 10/31/05 at 12:41 pm

i thought quisp and quake were the characters of the same cereal

They're different cereals, although both characters were often in the same commercial.

Check for new replies or respond here...