inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/31/05 at 7:21 am

What was everyone's favorite costume in the 80's?

Subject: Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/31/05 at 10:40 am

wow, we must all be in the Halloween spirit today...    :D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/31/05 at 10:44 am

wow, we must all be in the Halloween spirit today...    :D

HAHAHA  I didn't see this post Bill  ;D ;D

I'm not dressing up tonight but on Friday we are having a party at the girls house for 38 of us,

we all had to choose a letter of the alphabet out of a hat and I choose the letter 'P' 

so as I LOVE kitties I'm going as a Pussycat!!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 10/31/05 at 10:47 am

What was everyone's favorite costume in the 80's?

In 1985 and 1986 I dressed up as a clown...I even have a few '85 pictures of that costume (I was in kindergarten then).
In 1987 I dressed up as ALF (who was popular during that time).
In 1988 I turned an old cardboard box into an alarm clock and wore that as a costume (with a brass bell sewn onto a stocking cap, which I wore on my head).
In 1989 I was a spaceman (astronaut).

Of all four of these, I would have to go with either the clown or the alarm clock as a favorite.

Written By: robby76 on 10/31/05 at 11:16 am

In 1987 I dressed up as a Planet of the Apes (original series of course) ghost! Don't ask why that combination.

Written By: Carl on 10/31/05 at 11:33 am

1980- I was a pirate
1981-Just wore an old T-shirt and painted my face, something random
1982-Dracula
1983-Nothing  :-\\ The first time I didn'tdress up. Since then, I never did, until this weekend,which I went to two parties

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/05 at 11:34 am

HAHAHA  I didn't see this post Bill   ;D ;D

I'm not dressing up tonight but on Friday we are having a party at the girls house for 38 of us,

we all had to choose a letter of the alphabet out of a hat and I choose the letter 'P' 

so as I LOVE kitties I'm going as a Pussycat!!   ;D ;D ;D
Not the Pink Panther then?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 12:12 pm

In 1985 and 1986 I dressed up as a clown...I even have a few '85 pictures of that costume (I was in kindergarten then).
In 1987 I dressed up as ALF (who was popular during that time).
In 1988 I turned an old cardboard box into an alarm clock and wore that as a costume (with a brass bell sewn onto a stocking cap, which I wore on my head).
In 1989 I was a spaceman (astronaut).

Of all four of these, I would have to go with either the clown or the alarm clock as a favorite.

Interesting.... I dressed up as ALF one year too!  The mask was awkward since there was no breathing holes.
One year I went as The Phantom of The Opera!
;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/31/05 at 1:06 pm

i also went as ALF once!  I can remember being Mickey Mouse as a youngin and an escaped convict one year... the others are kinda fuzzy in my memory as i was very young in the 80's.  born in 78

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 10/31/05 at 1:14 pm

Marilyn Monroe, Cheerleaders, dressing as a baby,  were popular costumes back in the 80s

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/31/05 at 1:41 pm

Happy Halloween Everyone. I had an awesome Halloween party Saturday night...my picture is of my costume from then, in honor of Halloween.

We are taking my son Trick or Treating tonight, and then I am watching the 1st Halloween tonight!!

I'll be on a major bummer tomorrow when I have to take all my decorations down.

I always wanted a Ben Cooper Bionic Woman costume as a kid, but we usually made our own costumes...I was a scarecrow once, a punk rocker, a ballerina, a caveman, a witch.....your basic stuff, but I loved Halloween.

Did anyone else ever go corning??? My brother would shuck corn for weeks, until he had a huge bag full to take to go corning, kids never do that any more...probably cause people will shoot you.  But, we had a blast.

Happy Halloween.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/31/05 at 2:34 pm

what's corning?  :o

Written By: Chris Fulmer on 10/31/05 at 7:38 pm

Although I don't remember the specific years, I remember going as a devil, a clock, and most notably a dragon (with a tail that kept sagging). 

Right now I'm over at Ghostbusters.net watching all 3 of their Halloween episodes ("When Halloween was Forever," "Halloween II 1/2," "The Halloween Door.").  I don't know about you, but I think Samhain is defintely one of the very best animated villains ever created for the small screen. 

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/31/05 at 7:50 pm

Corning...is where you shucked all the kernels of corn off the cob, after it got hard...and you'd throw it at people's windows, and take off running.  It was awesome....other kids use to do things like soap windows and toilet paper each others houses...you never see that any more either, but corning just scared the heck out of people, and old people who run out on the porch and yell at you...of course it was illegal...we never corned cars though, cause that could cause an accident...but everyone corned each others houses, around Halloween, it was funny to see who got it the worse, you'd walk around the neighborhood looking at everyone's porch to see how much corn was on it.

Written By: MaryMary on 10/31/05 at 8:56 pm

Happy Halloween to all of you too!!

Marymary

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 9:55 pm

I went dressed as Batman for alot of years. 

Written By: Todd on 10/31/05 at 11:10 pm

Ive crossdressed every halloween since i was 5.  Ballerinas, cheerleaders, french maids, poodle skirts...Always thought girls had the best costumes.  Needless to say, you can get quite a reputation doing that.  But I didnt care, halloween was more fun in those costumes!  This year I was Alice in Wonderland and my girlfriend was the Mad Hatter.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 11/02/05 at 3:53 am

Ive crossdressed every halloween since i was 5.  Ballerinas, cheerleaders, french maids, poodle skirts...Always thought girls had the best costumes.  Needless to say, you can get quite a reputation doing that.  But I didnt care, halloween was more fun in those costumes!  This year I was Alice in Wonderland and my girlfriend was the Mad Hatter.

Bizarre. Good job your girlfriend seems cool with it  ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...