inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question on 'One Day At at Time', the final years

Written By: Carl on 11/02/05 at 10:02 am

In the 80s, the show changed a lot, but I misses a few things:

Glen Scarpelli (Alex) was not in the last episode, what happened to his character, and was there a show explaining his departure.

Alan Rifkin played his dad 'Nick' earlier, but he was not around any longer as Alex was living with the Ramonos.

Subject: Re: Question on 'One Day At at Time', the final years

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 10:24 am

OMG. i remember ODAAT as though it were a dream. and it's funny because i watched it religiously.

schneider used to always barge in without knocking right? and then he'd say something when he barged in but i can't remember what. it was his big signature line.

and weren't there two sisters? valerie bertinelli and someone else, everyone was always all drooly over valerie but i always thought the other sister was much prettier and cooler.

obviously i'm not going to be much help. i'm disappointed how little i remember of that show.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/02/05 at 10:27 am

The other sister was played by Mackenzie Phillips. My favorite charecter on the show was Schneider.  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 11/02/05 at 10:31 am

I used to love how Schneider tucked his cigarette packet into his t-shirt sleeve. We all used to copy him... keep in mind we were very young and must've used a pack of cards or something.

I don't remember too much about ODAAT, but downloading the opening credits brought back a whole load of memories... like the sister doing that funny dance... she was such a goof.

I will be getting this on dvd... but it ran for like 9 seasons, so I need to somehow figure out which seasons to get. I have a feeling the early seasons were classed as better, but I can't be sure.

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 10:43 am

something like that i'll just bookend it, get the DVD with the pilot on it and then the one with the finale on it. (netflix, you know.) a lot of these shows i watch again and find it's all nostalgia, it doesn't stand the test of time. in which case i haven't really lost anything. but if it still rocks, space: 1999 style, then i'm free to go out and buy the whole thing.

i swear by netflix. i have like 170 movies on my queue, i doubt it'll be possible to watch them all in my remaining lifetime.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/05 at 12:11 pm

I like the "super super".  ;D

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...