inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: weekend at bernies

Written By: nycmystery on 11/04/05 at 6:51 am

this movie was a typical 80s movie,,,the clothes,,the music,,,the whole thing...quite funny

Subject: Re: weekend at bernies

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/04/05 at 9:04 am

The first one was ok, the second.... BLLLLLLAH.......  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/05 at 9:22 am

I really loved both films, but I admit the whole Bernie coming to life thing in the sequel was kinda corny, but I was entertained :)

I like that Jermaine Stewart song "Hot and Cold" from the first one :)

Written By: The_Plague on 11/05/05 at 8:41 am

I loved part 1, till I watched it way too many times for it to be anywhere near fascinating anymore

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/08/05 at 8:12 am

The first one was ok, the second.... BLLLLLLAH.......  ::)

I'm clearly in the minority on this one, but I way preferred the second one (which came out in '93 but still had a late 80's feel to it).

Maybe because I actually saw that one first. But in all, I thought Richie & Larry's characters were a little more developed in the sequel. The whole subplot about Bernie coming to life whenever music was played, and the two guys who messed it up to begin with are enough to certify it as comedy gold with me. ;D

The tropical location didn't hurt either.

Written By: Triviamom on 11/08/05 at 3:01 pm

This movie needs to go to the Cheesiest Movie thread. ;D

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/09/05 at 1:28 am

I just rented the first one about 4 months ago when me & my girlfriend had a movie night. Hadn't seen it since the late 80s, but i liked it more this time around because it had something this time around that it didn't back then which was the feeling of nostalga it gave me. It still made me laugh a lot too. I loved stuff like Bernie dopping down from the balcony on the guy that killed him. It looked like he was still alive & actually attacking the guy & the struggle looked real LOL. Also the kid burring him in the sand. Stuff like that made me laugh my a** off because i'd totally forgotten about all the gags in it.

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/09/05 at 6:07 pm

some people actually had conversations with bernie in the movie..go figure..also i think a girl had sex with him...i think???

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/11/05 at 10:10 am

some people actually had conversations with bernie in the movie..go figure..also i think a girl had sex with him...i think???

SPOILERS:

Do you mean WAB 2?

If so, no there's a scene where he's conga dancing (his body, courtesy of the voodoo spell gone wrong, obviously reacting to the music) and he ends up attracting this girl who's there with her jerky boyfriend. Who gets in a "fight" with Bernie!

When the music stops, he goes back to being "dead", LOL, and he and the woman end up falling asleep right there on the beach (if he weren't dead, I'd be tempted to say that was pretty romantic!), where they're discovered by Larry & Richie the next morning.

Is that what you were referring to?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/05 at 11:07 pm

There were some good bits in WAB, but overall, not such a great flick.  It does make the '80s cut, 1989.

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/11/05 at 11:43 pm

no , im pretty sure it was in wab...this guy was talking to bernie and one of the guys would shake his head and wave his hand or something...also a girl came out of a room where they put bernie and she came out saying he was great or something to the effect..am i right or was i imagining it..im going to rent it tommorrow..

Written By: nycmystery on 11/12/05 at 7:50 am

i think you are right

Written By: The_Plague on 12/27/05 at 4:48 am

no , im pretty sure it was in wab...this guy was talking to bernie and one of the guys would shake his head and wave his hand or something...also a girl came out of a room where they put bernie and she came out saying he was great or something to the effect..am i right or was i imagining it..im going to rent it tommorrow..

yep
It was the girlfriend of the mobster that had him killed, not Pauly, the big boss, Bernie was banging her, she rocked up hella pissed off and shagged his dead body.
How the hellw as this a comedy  ;D

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/27/05 at 8:39 am

I liked WAB, it's a solidly funny movie from 1989.  I've seen it many times.  I've only seen the second film once, and I remember not liking it.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/20/18 at 6:50 am

I really loved both films, but I admit the whole Bernie coming to life thing in the sequel was kinda corny, but I was entertained :)

I cant believe NO ONE KNEW HE WAS DEAD in the movie!!!!!!

Its a good one.......... But certainly not Andrews best!

Written By: Howard on 02/20/18 at 7:20 am

I cant believe NO ONE KNEW HE WAS DEAD in the movie!!!!!!

Its a good one.......... But certainly not Andrews best!

What did Bernie die from? ???

Written By: Dude111 on 02/21/18 at 5:36 am

They poisioned him remember?? (The guys uncovered the money scheme cause Bernie wasnt careful about hiding it)

Written By: Howard on 02/21/18 at 2:44 pm

They poisioned him remember?? (The guys uncovered the money scheme cause Bernie wasnt careful about hiding it)

Oh Yeah I remember.

Check for new replies or respond here...