inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: name of movie???

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/06/05 at 6:51 am

hello...my friend here wanted to ask a question about an old movie she's trying to find..the only thing she knows about is that when she was in elementary and it was something about a church with some kids and the chuch might of been if shes not mistaken two stories high..anyway she said that it had a huge bell and this bell fell and trapped a girl and the other two kids were trying to rescue her but instead went for help on a motorcycle..........that is all she remembers. so i did tell her that maybe she can find the answers here since i found out the movie i was looking for (the electric grandma) and that i only saw once. so please if you know the answer it would help out a friend thanks.

Subject: Re: name of movie???

Written By: pell on 11/06/05 at 12:19 pm

hello...my friend here wanted to ask a question about an old movie she's trying to find..the only thing she knows about is that when she was in elementary and it was something about a church with some kids and the chuch might of been if shes not mistaken two stories high..anyway she said that it had a huge bell and this bell fell and trapped a girl and the other two kids were trying to rescue her but instead went for help on a motorcycle..........that is all she remembers. so i did tell her that maybe she can find the answers here since i found out the movie i was looking for (the electric grandma) and that i only saw once. so please if you know the answer it would help out a friend thanks.

Hey. About what year was it when she saw the movie? What country did she see it in? Did she see it at the movie cinema, on TV, or on a video rental? This info helps in tracking down the name of a movie.

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/06/05 at 4:00 pm

Hey. About what year was it when she saw the movie? What country did she see it in? Did she see it at the movie cinema, on TV, or on a video rental? This info helps in tracking down the name of a movie.

hi. ok all i know is from she was telling me it was sometime in the 80's, probably around the time when they showed electic grandma. (shes 27) and she was in elementary and her teacher showed it to the class. but thats all she knew or can remember as i described the first time...and it was here in cali. i think she lived in idywilld cailfornia. (i met my friend in high school actually)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/06/05 at 4:34 pm

Watcher in the Woods, maybe?  Did the girl disappear when the friends went to get help?

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 11/15/05 at 10:55 pm

Watcher in the Woods, maybe?

Written By: CL on 03/13/06 at 10:37 pm

The television movie "The Electric Grandma" was from the late 70's early 80's and I believe it starred Maureen Stapleton.  She became a surrogate grandma to the local preachers motherless two boys and a girl in the show.  She sang a lullaby type song that still haunts me to this day.  Goes something like this "Timothy, Timothy, never you fear.  Trouble won't trouble you, now that I am here." It was such a lovely song and made me cry.  I can still hear it and it reminds me of the warmth and love of my mother, in who's arms I found total, unconditional love and a safe haven to accept me for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...